Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soniti

[CS1] Rachel Video Discussion

Anyone have the damage for 5b 5cdc 214a dash 3c 6c j.236c j.c air bbl. I have seen this combo in another video and was wondering if it is worth it even after george pro-rate, but I didn't catch the damage. Also..are there any mid-screen frog chars anymore? I thought there was, but I haven't seen it that I can recall.

Did you watch the vids Geno posted? In the last ones there's a black-clad Rachel that does it pretty often; he does BnB with CDC ender into frog, then dash 6C for a couple hits --> frog activates --> air C --> air 236C --> whatever as frog ends

can someone deirect me to the noel vid? forgot the one :psyduck:

was I the only on who cried when Rachel tried and tried to kill litchi and did like a 4.7k combo yet Litchi survived with like, 1 pixel of health D:?

I cried too :gonk:

The commentator was like "That's Rachel alright!"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaZOWzloZq4&feature=sub

Some pretty decent setups. And just ignore Shadow clearly trolling and playing wrong.

At least Rachel can beat trash players.

I am PRETTY sure that's an old vid just upped recently, the vid says it's from December 16th, and I'm sure I've seen it before somewhere.

Changes nothing from the vid so keep watching :v:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aLiZneRhO8

First video I've seen 2C(CH) > 1D > 6A > BBL connecting

Been shown in a couple of the earlier vids after CS was released. It does... halfway not-crappy damage, which is to say, it still does very little for 50 meter. Can probably combo into a level 3 j.2c for additional damage, though no one's done it yet.

Works in CT, too, if you're curious.

I've done it in CT. I've just seen a lot of failed attempts of it in recent CS videos. Haven't seen those earlier videos that it's been done in. Good to know.

i believe we need someone to gather this info up. it's gettin real hard to keep track of all things we're discovering for her. if we don't make a thread soon it may be too daunting for someone to want to take up the task. i'm not sure if i'm qualified cuz my metagame is pretty weak. i'm one of those people who thought rachel still had a good zoning game lol.

yeah, anyone who's found something should just supplement into the thread so we won't have to dive into 80 pages of posts

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9344414

Matsu got owned, this match up is so bullshit

omg the pumpkin goes away way to fuckin fast to be of any kinda of use its maddening, wtf was arkys games thinking when they nerfed the panties off this character, i have never seen such a shitty nerf job done on any character to date until rachel.....why couldnt they have just nerfed v-11 to death instead so we as rachel user a can have a bit of fun in the next game. I think they should right an apology letter.

wtf was arkys games thinking when they nerfed the panties off this character, i have never seen such a shitty nerf job done on any character to date until rachel.....

Robo-Ky in GG Slash :vbang:

omg the pumpkin goes away way to fuckin fast to be of any kinda of use its maddening.

Yeah it does. Quite a few times, I've done wind thinking that pumpkin would be there and nope. It has to be like five seconds it disappears on it's own.

If you want to play Rachel in CS you just have to accept the fact that Lambda's air throw is going to out damage a majority of your metered BnBs.

I'm pretty sure Chipp got it really bad in Reload... Anyway, Arcsys tends to have the habit of being able to balance every character except one. (I'm not counting the original GG or accent core for this rule) That one tends to get stuck in the gutter until the next installment. EDIT: Oh yeah. Dizzy also got hit with the nerfbat really hard in one installment. It's a mystery that we may never be able to solve.

Not really. Noel, Tsubaki, and Tager are still bad, but they're nowhere near the bad that is Rachel. But... really, if they had made Rachel any worse, she would be unplayable. There's still people bitching about her though despite how awful she is, so there's no telling if she'll be any better the next installment. I'm hoping she'll be better because even though she sucks, I have more fun playing her than any other character. Hazama and Arakune are okay, but it's just not the same.

Not really. Noel, Tsubaki, and Tager are still bad, but they're nowhere near the bad that is Rachel.

But... really, if they had made Rachel any worse, she would be unplayable. There's still people bitching about her though despite how awful she is, so there's no telling if she'll be any better the next installment. I'm hoping she'll be better because even though she sucks, I have more fun playing her than any other character.

Hazama and Arakune are okay, but it's just not the same.

Well, I'm talking about one character that stands out above everyone else as being particularly bad..

Guess I chose a poor set of words there.

If she just did more damage overall in her bnbs (like 2.5k/3k damage), she would actually be a good character. No matter what you do, its almost impossible to break 4k damage with Rachel.

If she just did more damage overall in her bnbs (like 2.5k/3k damage), she would actually be a good character. No matter what you do, its almost impossible to break 4k damage with Rachel.

BnB:

4b/2b 5b 5cdc 236b dash 6a214c j.b j.c JC j.b j.c j.236a (~2.7k dmg)

BnB:

4b/2b 5cdc 236b dash 6a214c j.b j.c JC j.b j.c j.236a (~2.7k dmg)

lol, soniti needs to update the combo thread