Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

qwerty

[CS1] Haku-men Video Thread

I made one mistake, apologies.

Gozaru is yellow hakumen IIRC. His problem is he jumps way too much. Extremely one dimensional zoning game.

I think the one I was commenting on was Huirum, the green hakumen, and his close range game is terrible. I mistakened him for Gozaru.

red hakumen is tenchi, fairly solid, but has some hit confirming/situational assessment issues. Many times he doesn't choose the best set-up/combo/approach, but he wins because his defense is decent.

A-92 is the regular color hakumen. Besides things I have already mentioned, his favorite move is kishuu, by far, and he is damn good at using it. Very good reference.

Yea, I turtle so haku players that do the same I am more biased to say they are skilled. Aggressive haku's I don't really rank them as skilled cus a skilled ragna can always be more aggressive than them.

A-92 DOES love kishuu, I have a hard time doing consecutive kishuu's I should work on that.

Haku is still best played in a defensive manner and waiting for the opponent to make a mistake, aggressions is only good with 6-8 stars imo. But I'm no expert:eng101:

Being more aggressive isn't a plus. Hell it's not how aggressive you are but when you are aggressive. It's all about if you know when to turn on the heat. And waiting for your opponent to make a mistake is not a legit method to play the game because good players won't beat themselves. Create your own holes, kill them for it, beat them by outplaying them rather than hoping they suck.

Being more aggressive isn't a plus. Hell it's not how aggressive you are but when you are aggressive. It's all about if you know when to turn on the heat.

And waiting for your opponent to make a mistake is not a legit method to play the game because good players won't beat themselves. Create your own holes, kill them for it, beat them by outplaying them rather than hoping they suck.

Good point, man you should be a motivational speak bro. Every time you say this stuff I feel like going in training mode and playing "eye of the tiger" in the background:yaaay:

it's "Film", btw, not "Huirum". not sure who translated, but it's understandable, since "film" -> フィルム -> "f/huirum" (if you don't notice the ィ is smaller than usual).

Being more aggressive isn't a plus. Hell it's not how aggressive you are but when you are aggressive. It's all about if you know when to turn on the heat.

And waiting for your opponent to make a mistake is not a legit method to play the game because good players won't beat themselves. Create your own holes, kill them for it, beat them by outplaying them rather than hoping they suck.

shame this some tager players rely on that method, i prefer IB punishing things, and with haku i IB for the meter then break out that 4k nonsense every second, i do like your play style, i play like tager and its hard to break it.

oh shit, i made this thread didn't i? i'll update it soon. probably later tonight after i finally get to play cs.

tenchi and suzume are a given. kaqn doesn't really show hakumen's full potential at all, and A-92 seems to be getting there.

Kaqn plays the hazama match-up mostly correct, the recent ones. It's good reference. Nothing else is worth watching. And I favor A-92's approach more than anyone else. He appears to be the most solid to me.

I would agree, although in some situations i think suzume makes better decisions, but overall they are both pheomenal and are definitely the two i think we should be paying attention to the most. Also just for clarification, the only youtube vids of suzume are against the black lambda correct?

I wouldn't say nothing new at all. Kishuu for free against chain (any of them) is going to be useful. I didn't know about that because I thought chain had a pretty big hitbox at the tip.

"BlazBlue CS : New Year RanBat in Seattle"

Hakumen vs Hazama

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye08C4KuFk4&feature=sub

Nothing really new I guess. Ending was great though.

I dropped so many combos in that fight. But, yeah command dash under chains is really nice. You have to use enma after the dash if you want to punish an A canceled chain, otherwise you don't have enough time after the command dash ends to do anything else.

Also Hazama is a huge pain to get in on, so once I had a life lead I just stayed back and cut chains.

The Hakumen in the blue get up in some of the recently posted vids looks pretty solid. The arakune he played against dropping those 100 hit combos. That still looks like it'll be a tough matchup, but at least nowhere near the 8-2 it was. can anyone link me some A-92 vids? I've been trying to glean them from the CS video thread in the general section, but I've been going through a lot of videos and still haven't found any of his matches.

What do you want to see exactly? Considering the lack of change in hakumen's playstyle, all that matter is match-up information, and that's something that takes longer to develop. People are not going to post if they have nothing informative to add. At least I hope not.

What do you want to see exactly? Considering the lack of change in hakumen's playstyle, all that matter is match-up information, and that's something that takes longer to develop. People are not going to post if they have nothing informative to add.

At least I hope not.

I ment here and on the site in general. Also people post without being informative on here all the time so it's not like that's not happening. Seems like there is no hype for this game which is sad. This game is pretty fun. If there can be some consistancy with the community and there isn't a new version every year I might seriously play BB but right now things just aren't looking so hot. I can't believe no one has found new shit out either. Do

So why are you complaining about it in the CS Hakumen Video Thread? Dude I'm mad hype for CS. I am salivating over 4C and new J.C. And I can't wait to play with faster 5C and 6C as well as a less fucked up matchup vs Arakune (though the videos I've seen of Hakumen vs. Arakune in CS still looks like it'll be a very unfun matchup, but at least we can do something now.)

I went to Arcade Infinity while I was in Los Angeles visiting relatives for Christmas and got to play Continuum Shift for one night, it was amazing. MAD HYPE There isn't really a thread for it though or things like that.

I ment here and on the site in general. Also people post without being informative on here all the time so it's not like that's not happening. Seems like there is no hype for this game which is sad. This game is pretty fun. If there can be some consistancy with the community and there isn't a new version every year I might seriously play BB but right now things just aren't looking so hot. I can't believe no one has found new shit out either. Do

Sorry, I still fail to see the point in your rant. Why is no hype a bad thing?

Sorry, I still fail to see the point in your rant. Why is no hype a bad thing?

No Hype=No Tournaments, No Money, No Respect. BlazBlue is already a 2nd string game with a small community(in america) it should be getting some kind of attention but I guess if it's not made by Capcom it's not good enough.