Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

qwerty

[CS1] Haku-men Video Thread

Why not just use 2B instead of 5B though? It's faster, is more + on block and it doesn't whiff on crouchers... unlike literally every time I hit 5B.

I should have said "sometimes" but I don't use it for pressure often. I mainly use it to stuff attacks from close-mid range. 2B is pretty boss though, people get hit by it a surprising amount.

5b hits crouchers if you're close enough, depends on char... some you can be reaaalll far away, others have to be point blank

you're right, i should've been a bit more clear.

if you ask me, using hotaru as your answer to everything is shortsighted and overall detrimental to your growth as a player. the fact of the matter is, you're not learning to poke, you're just mashing dp. in any other game (or even as any other character in bb) this will get you KILLED. that, and actually good players respect hotaru, so you're just blowing meter against them.

Like pretty much every dp that ever existed lol.

anyways, irresponsible use of hotaru is one of the two major problems facing most hakumen players, i think. the other being irresponsible use of the d button. i'll elaborate a bit more on it once i finally finish that godforsaken guide (i wanted to finish it last month, but since finals are next week i can probably finish it ONCE AND FOR ALL soon) but for now i'll leave it at this; learn to ib, and whenever you want to counter, ib instead. this is the first step to becoming a respectful hakumen player.

I would like to think hakumen players would come to realize after taking x amount of throw reject grabs and counter hits. IB takes a lot more work than mashing the d button though. IB>punish for predictable block strings, counters are best for visible meaties (imo).

I've watched quite a few vids of tenchi and 0, I have yet to have seen you you mean about them "mashing the d button" or any other pro hakumen player. To me, the d button mashing phenomenon is more so in N.A hakumen players then in japan no? Would you mind pointing me to these vids you speak of?

PLEASE finish the guide>_>...

Actually, I've noticed it in a lot of jp hakus myself.

They also tend to jump a bit too much... -_-

I've only been watching acho vids. One of my first cs matches of watching tenchi v.s ragna and getting astraled the same way I did only when I first started playing. Now that you mention it...

I'll rewatch 0 as well. I noticed they both lost to most likely the same ragna on top of that.

Well, what about overheads and stuff? Isn't that pretty much made to get countered? There's a place for counters and hotaru. You just have to know where.

If you're talking about reacting that's fine.

The problem starts when you start trying to predict everything and beat it w/ counters.