Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

qwerty

[CS1] Haku-men Video Thread

there isn't much to look at, hahah

just lots of braindead zoning and ten minute combos

This is the CS video thread but w/e

Stop throwing out 6C like that. No. Stop that. You'll get hit in your mouth. throwing 6C around outside of combos is like... only good against tager.

Best moves against litchi is 5a, 2a, throw.

j.d is terrible, stop using it. this aint CS. anytime you want to j.d, you really should be doing hotaru (j.214B)

Dont waste meter on jump in tsubakis. Tsubaki is best used tkd or hop cancelled for a fast overhead. That's just a waste of meter what you were doing with it.

Stop throwing out his drive like that, you gotta earn that shit. You hit it a couple times, but you throw enough darts eventually you'll get lucky and hit the bullseye. Most of the time that shit got you killed.

This, haha. I haven't seen much other than perhaps some good games, but nothing noteworthy or particularly good.

Suzume is always good to post, but he hasn't been making appearances in vids lately...

Not sure where to put this, so I guess i'll put it here. If you guys could critique my Haku, I would appreciate it. I'm still pretty bad with him, so any advice is good.

Match 1

Match 2

Too much to nitpick, so I'll be very general.

- You should learn how to do the falling.C combo. It's your staple. There were tons of opportunities for you to land it in your matches.

- C isn't Haku's only set of moves. Poke to disrupt, get a bit of damage, or set up a trap. 6a is gdlk anti-air, and 6b stuffs lows.

- Don't IAD j.C so much. F.j, sj., and hop are all good approaches for Haku depending on distance.

- Get down hop/tk specials and some good combos. Hotaru goes into f.C, and so does tsubaki after a 5c link.

- Know that Haku dies not necessarily because of the slowness of his moves, but their recovery. Counters are quite guilty of this, so don't throw them out recklessly.

That's all I got for now. Learn your character before learning the match-up.

Dont waste meter on jump in tsubakis. Tsubaki is best used tkd or hop cancelled for a fast overhead. That's just a waste of meter what you were doing with it.

the one exception: when your opponent blocks a j.C and you want to do hotaru/tsubaki/nothing.

Thanks for the tips guys, I appreciate it. What do you mean by falling C combos though? I know how to do them fine, but I'm not sure what moves I can do them off of. The only moves i can think of are hop 214B and 623AA.

Thanks for the tips guys, I appreciate it. What do you mean by falling C combos though? I know how to do them fine, but I'm not sure what moves I can do them off of. The only moves i can think of are hop 214B and 623AA.

The beauty of that combo is that you can start it off pretty much any move Haku has. After a while you get a feel for how much air time each hit gives you and what moves you can string moves off of.

The falling C combo is the one where you see Hakumen dash forward and uppercut the guy in the air then juggle him against the wall for half an hour with his C attacks.

You need to take a look at the Haku combo thread, and start learning some basic ones. When you get more comfortable you can work your way up to the more advanced ones. The most important thing is getting comfortable with all of his normals and being able to space and position yourself well. Just being able to combo doesn't achieve that much.

I think it's too early for you to take specific advice; you just have to get used to the character for now.

I dunno, I personally find them exciting. Especially seeing how good some Hakus defense is and how they're using the new stuff they have and what old things they aren't using anymore.

I'll start posting some videos. Here's the latest one.

Shadow (Hakumen) v Dora (Bang): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNoMXPE6UGg#t=5m05s

There's some interesting stuff; I've seen CS Haku players rapid cancel off a backthrow to combo. Is that really worth it? 4 whole stars? Can you not special cancel the backthrow anymore or something?

Also, jesus christ... that second round... there are no words.

Alright, here's another one.

Hakumen VS Litchi at 3:08, then Hakumen VS Taokaka at 7:25.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm10776016

I'm not sure who the players are.

Use this: http://mmcafe.com/nico.html

If you want to view the nico vids and don't have an account there.

NEXT VID

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm10776294

Hakumen VS Litchi at 3:13, then Hakumen VS Bang at 6:10.

I dunno, I personally find them exciting. Especially seeing how good some Hakus defense is and how they're using the new stuff they have and what old things they aren't using anymore.

if blocking in this game didn't consist of jumping and mashing airblock/ib, i'd be more excited about it.

There's some interesting stuff; I've seen CS Haku players rapid cancel off a backthrow to combo. Is that really worth it? 4 whole stars?

hell yeah it is

reference: http://dustloop.com/guides/bbcs/frameData/hakumen.html

look at backthrow proration

Can you not special cancel the backthrow anymore or something?

nope

I don't understand. A normal forward throw has 100% too. What am I missing? Or is it just that if you got a backwards throw instead of a forward one you might as well take the damage?

that's kinda the point, yeah

also corner knockdown is nice

oh and it does more damage than forward throw

Oh, I missed that on the chart. Excellent.

It's nice that they gave the back throw a point. In CT it was kind of useless. I'd always prefer a forward throw over it (unless it was throwing them back into the corner, but even then...).

in CT I used back throw for positioning.

I also used backthrow if I'm facing away from the corner to get a free 3k combo.

other than that fuck backthrow in CT.

j.C on the other hand is virtually flawless if you just use it right

Hmm, I was wondering, what can you do off a 3C (with CH and without) now? I always used to follow it up with a 6B, but now that's gone so...

Hmm, I was wondering, what can you do off a 3C (with CH and without) now? I always used to follow it up with a 6B, but now that's gone so...

If they're close you can just go straight into 214b launcher combo.

if you have no magatama, then it's pretty much just 3C, 3C.

if you have one magatama, then you can do:

3C, 2B -> Guren, dash, 5A -> j.A, j.B -> dj.2C, dj.C

with 2 magatama, you can link to Renka, but that doesn't lead to anything unless you're in the corner, in which case you can link a 2C after Renka to get a corner air combo.

everything is non-counter hit, btw. i haven't paid attention if there are specific 3C CH combos or not.

3C, 2B -> Guren, dash, 5A -> j.A, j.B -> dj.2A, dj.C

fixd.

Perhaps you could fit a 5c - enma after CH? that'd be nnniiiicceee :D

I don't think there's time for that. You barely have time for 2B.

Perhaps you could fit a 5c - enma after CH? that'd be nnniiiicceee :D

I *think* I've seen this happen in a vid, but I'm really not sure.

I'll be interested in testing out what Haku can do with 3c now. There's going to be lots of lab work, that's for sure.

Can't you do 3C > 2C too? I mean you can do that now, so it could also be a meterless combo.

3C > 2C > j.2C etc. or j.2A, rather.

Man, it's going to take me forever to get used to that. :psyduck: