Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolf Pup TK

[CS1] Jin Gameplay Discussion v2 (No bitching edition)

I was curious if anyone ever bothered working AH into their game. I was messing around in training mode and found that you can get a guaranteed combo off his forward throw if you cancel just as he tosses the opponent off the ground. You can also get an almost guaranteed combo off a string such as: 5b, 5c, j.b, j.c, j.d, AH Granted... I'd be much more tempted to use his heat gauge throughout the match instead of hoarding it up in the off-chance of landing an AH, but I was curious to hear the thoughts of the more experiences Jins here.

You can Combo into it from either of his throws. B+C (2hits)->720 4B+C->720

That said, throwing into ice arrow super also is unburstable and kills an enemy at 20%.

Yes, but it isn't as demoralizing :psyduck:

CH 6D combos to AH and a bunch of CH stuff don't guarantee an AH, but they do create a funny can't-jump situation where your opponent is forced to backdash or do some other reversal. If you're Hakumen, you're kinda fucked. edit: actually, I guess any setup that involves a knockdown, they can just delay their tech. oh, and non-CH 6D forces a reversal

That said, throwing into ice arrow super also is unburstable and kills an enemy at 20%.

So this one is pretty much worthless.

I guess the only good use would be if you could combo into it from a longer string, that way you effectively negate the pro-ration you'd receive if you did a special instead, making it more damaging that using your supers instead. I tried strings like 5b, 5c, j.b, j.c, j,d, AH, but you can break out too easily.

I'm guessing you could AH against Carl's gear super when he busts it out since he can't do anything until it's finished. But then again, ice wave super will kill him when he's that low on health anyway. :V But oh well, I'd do it just to humiliate that annoying little kid.

You can Combo into it from either of his throws.

B+C (2hits)->720

4B+C->720

You can also so AH finish them on the first hit of the forward throw I think (they get stunned)

You can also so AH finish them on the first hit of the forward throw I think (they get stunned)

I just said that :psyduck:.

And no, the initial 2 hit part of Jin's neutral throw is just special and super cancelable; there's no stun on it. (There is an initial two hit part, after which the third freezing hit comes in, there is a delay between the two where you can cancel it into any of Jin's specials or supers.)

try working it off a offensive burst combo. He can't die in the combo, but if you end with the freeze, i think you can pull AH out. Although at that health, you can just wait abit for the freeze to end and do the projectile super for chip damage.

It took me like 5 minutes to realize that AH stood for Astral Finish ("H"????).

All

Astral finish

es

is

/are

functionally useless.

They are called astral heats; Astral Finish is just what flashes when you win off of one.

It took me like 5 minutes to realize that AH stood for Astral Finish ("H"????).

All

Astral finish

es

is

/are

functionally useless.

Ugh your really wrong on that.

Hakumen's astral is by far one of the best astral in the game.

Ragna's/Jin's are really good as well since they can be comboed off a throw.

Rachel's is REALLY good because during her astral she can use wind to suck you into the vortex thing.

Other then that I think the othre astrals are regular to stupid hard to land I.E-Litchi/Bang/Carl

Ugh your really wrong on that.

So there exist scenarios where the Astral Heat is the best option?

Seriously, with the opponent at 20% HP, you'd think there'd be other go to methods that are easier and nowhere near as gimmicky.

Sweep > astral is pretty amusing. If you cancel into it as early as possible, it will hit them if they stay on the ground, roll forward or roll back (it hits behind him). Only way out is the "quick" recovery option, which you can also catch by just delaying the astral and cancelling into it later. However, neutral tech beats that. There doesn't seem to be a sweet spot where sweep > astral will catch both neutral and quick, but one of the two will catch most. Likely safer to delay it. I was also trying to see if there was any possible way to do blockstun > inescapable astral, but you can only do it in a really specific situation at full screen where they have to block a fireball soon after a normal jump.

lol this sounds like a hilarious gimmick. i'm gonna have to try this out some time...

So there exist scenarios where the Astral Heat is the best option?

Seriously, with the opponent at 20% HP, you'd think there'd be other go to methods that are easier and nowhere near as gimmicky.

Yes there does exist scenrios for instance if your enemy is at 20% health and you get a throw it would be a better idea to just Astral Heat then to do a follow up combo which they can burst and get out of and now your both back to square one and you have to get another hit allowing the enemy to maybe get a comeback.

I'd rather just throw>AH and win the match then risk getting bursted and maybe lose =/

This happens ALOT because almost everyone saves their burst till he end.

you could just do throw > DEATH RAY instead though =/

Oh which reminds me I wanted to ask.

To do AH does it require 50% heat? If so then Im worng and ya throw arrow super would be just the case but AH looks cooler =O

So continuum shift is out in japan (and select arcades in america)... please no stupid posts. Here is a change list ryoko posted. A moves-5A and 6A seems unchanged, 2A slightly slower? B moves- 5B slightly slower, cannot hit downed opponent, 5B>2B, did not check 6B yet C moves-2C guard cannot jump cancel, 5C is fast D moves-5D can cancel into D specials only but still dash cancelable, links to 6C on counter hit, 2d is better, 6D guard crush ja/jb slower but still good fireball-A has less+, b unchanged, C fires one slow projectile, d has more recovery air fireball- other than D all have less recovery dp- A unchanged, B can still combo 5C, may be character specific though musou- a unchanged, b is neutral or slight advantage and 3C>musou B>5C works at right distance, C floats Air musou-A unchanged, B knockdown but can be teched before hitting the ground (think Sol's drop kick), C knockdown gives neutral 5D- starter 100%, combo 64% jC/j2c-starter 55/53%, combo 60% jD- start 52%, combo 55% 3C- start 67%, combo 84% 6D- start 73%, combo 92% A dp- 800 dmg, start 44% b dp- 900 c dp- 1000 throw- 40, 70% back throw- 48% air d fireball- 655? dmg, start 58%, combo 90% astral- command changed to [2]8D if you notice an error let me know and i will update this post.

Some stuff I noticed from the videos:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8866646

First match is Jin vs Tsubaki. At around 4:20 you can see CH falling jC linking to 2D, which I believe was mentioned somewhere in the old thread.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8868891

First match is Jin vs Carl

1:15 - 2A dash crossup on neutral teching opponent still works.

4:10 - C fireball after knockdown. Looks like it could still be a good oki option.

jC looks like an amazing tool in general.