Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolf Pup TK

[CS1] Jin Gameplay Discussion v2 (No bitching edition)

Playing on a lagless display also helps.

It's a night and day difference. Sometimes I 66 5B so well, I whiff be 5C cause they're too high.

If it's any sort of projection display i.e. old school CRT, tube TVs, etc. there's virtually no lag iirc.

Flat panel is where they're at. From what I've read and remember at SRK, the bigger the panel gets, the more input lag there is.

22" inches and below have a .5 frame~ lag.

23"-28" have 1~ frame lag.

32"-40" have 1.5~.

40" plus have 2~ and above.

Those are my estimates from what I can remember...

I play on a 22" Samsung that actually even has less input lag than the Asus 23" they use at EVO so ye. It's practically a cab until I hit online.

You can try to minimize it as much as possible by using a VGA connection and turning off a bunch of post-processing features (assuming you're using an HDTV, not a monitor). Also, Game Mode; most HDTVs have them.

Another thing is, while cabs may have huge HDTVs, they're also using commercial-only models i.e. you generally can't buy em, and they're really expensive if you find one. They have virtually no input lag.

You'll just have to get used to it and make do I guess. I always have to make "calibrate" myself with a few warmup matches on whatever display I end up playing with. Earlier, I couldn't pull off Mission 8 at a friend's 40", but the moment I get home on my 22", I get it down on the third try.

don't forget that actually the console version is a bit faster than the arcade...

my TV is 46'' , but I think it's close to lagless. I turn off all the pretty features and turn the game mode on.

and I play almost everyday at the arcade so I know the feels and I have to do my corner loop or long combo much faster than the arcade version.

don't forget that actually the console version is a bit faster than the arcade...

Where did you hear this? And do you know an exact value for how much faster it is? Are you sure it's not your own TV having less lag than the arcade?

Edit: On an unrelated note, I read in the beginner thread that, from 3C > Astral, an opponent will get hit if they don't quick tech and jump away. Can they not simply do a late neutral tech?

Where did you hear this? And do you know an exact value for how much faster it is? Are you sure it's not your own TV having less lag than the arcade?

Edit: On an unrelated note, I read in the beginner thread that, from 3C > Astral, an opponent will get hit if they don't quick tech and jump away. Can they not simply do a late neutral tech?

hmm, if you have an arcade near you , you can compare it.

I feel the difference..., also if you want just loook at some japanese BBS they mentioned it too.

If anyone is still having trouble with the 5B after Ch on the cdp, what mostly helped me was that even though the sound indicates when to start your dash you will never hit the 5b in time if you let the dash animation finish. You have to hit 66 and immediately follow with 5b and it will work everytime.

*edit*

Make sure to let your stick go back to neutral before hitting b or you will get 6b

Is 6A > 623B character specific? I know it works for sure on Tager (big hitbox lol), but who else does it work for?

Messing around in training, I found that delay2D still works. Got this off a close 3C.

3C > 2B > 5C > 6C > delay2D > dash6B > mashC(8) > 6C > 214D > 6C > 214C ~3.7k dmg, ~3.3k without the 214D.

The link is a lot tougher, if you start off with the more practical 5B(2), due to the increased pushback and decreased untechable time, plus you'd have to do something else after the mashC. Better off sticking with something more basic, but it's nice damage, if you can land the 3C.

I was screwing around in training and found some funny stuff:

6C[CH]> dash cance>2D combos

6C>dash>ice arrow>6C>dash>ice arrow combos (looks hilarious)

and a question:

is anyone else getting EX ice sword in the corner loop at the 6C>dash>623D?

ex ice sword corner loop? what is that?

oh no, I meant in the 6C>6D>hirensou loop, I keep getting 6C>dash>236D instead of 623D, I guess my execution is off.

Thing is you actually don't need the dash after 6C you can just delay hirensou and it will hit.

Thing is you actually don't need the dash after 6C you can just delay hirensou and it will hit.

true, but then you're too far away to continue the loop.

gimme spoilers on it pl0x

what happens is that if you do [insert attack]>623B>6C>6D>6C>6D>623D>6C>6D (you can't link another 623D, so...)>5C>6C>dash>623D>etc.

the 5C sets you too far to do just 6C>623D, so you have to dash to get closer.

though the biggest problem (personally) is the timing to make sure the 623D>6C link works......since you have to wait for them to be fairly low.

Ohhhh that version...I find it wasteful to do 623D after 6C>6D>6C>6D so in my version it's not really a problem since I do 623D 2nd hit>6C>6D>6C>6D>5C>6C>optional 66>623D>5C>6C>6D>632146D>6C>623C

Nice little meterless setup off random 2A or 2B (note that these are all done during training mode and have not been applied to real matches):

either 2B or 2A>5B(2) >3C 2B>5C>hjc>j.2C>j.D air dash j.2C

The air dash is kinda problematic here, while also open up weird possibilities. Doing it as early as possible will make the j.2C combo, not exactly what we want. We want to do meaty j.2C. You can also control the frame window between unfreeze and j.2C hit with your air dash timing, so it's kinda hard to reversal it.

There is also a minor difference between doing it late and real late:

(late air dash) j.2C, mix-up between late j.C (high, fuzzy guard) and land 2B/3C (low)

(real late air dash) j.2C, late j.C (whiff) land 2B/3C (low)

If j.2C hit, j.D 6C>combo.

And then there's also a Hakumen style gimmick, after you have trained your opponent to block that meaty j.2C

(after air dash) j.C (whiff) land, mix-up between 2B/3C (low) and, occasionally, throw.

Air dash timing depends a lot on the opponent's height, if done correctly j.C will always whiff, including Tager.

Gaga setup off 5B:

5B(2)>3C 2B>5C>hjc>j.B>j.C>j.D air dash j.236D (often cross-up, but non cross-up every now and then) or land and do a 6A/low/throw mix-up.

Gaga setup off 6C (must have freeze available):

(stuff)>6C>dc>5C>2C>hjc>j.C>j.D air dash j.236D

This one is very interesting. If you delay the 5C (or 2C) just the slightest bit, 236D won't cross-up. It will if you do everything at first possible frame. Really powerful setup, especially after you score a random 2A / 2B on crouching opponent (combo won't be damaging anyway).

Do take note that some character can mash button out of gaga setup (Hazama can 5C for example)

One last gimmick:

(corner blockstring) 2Axn>5B(2), IAD j.2C (crossup) j.D (on hit only)

WTF kind of gimmick. Works best on characters with big crouching hitbox (Tager, Hakumen). Need to delay j.2C (or may not even work at all) on small characters.