Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolf Pup TK

[CS1] Jin Gameplay Discussion v2 (No bitching edition)

another gimmick i've been mashing in training mode is forward throw(2) > sekkajin, 6C > 2D, run up meaty 6D or 6A or 2B. I figured since the damage of any forward throw combo seems pretty crappy, i might as well do some setup instead.

fun trolling(sorta): 6B or 5C>sekkajin>6C>2D>6B>sekkajin>6C>214C

since 6B is so slow I usually do 5B>5C>sekka..... actually I do sekka combos more than air combos.... I must look like such a masher.

still better than those random ragnas lol and getting air combos in CS from midscreen is difficult if they're playing good defensive

still better than those random ragnas lol and getting air combos in CS from midscreen is difficult if they're playing good defensive

yeah, the easiest way is to do 5B>3C>2B>5C>6C>dash jump>etc..... and that gives you the lovely total of.....2.5K.

and the 6C, which gives you 3K, is not so incosistent to land (and still have enough to hits to get an ice car in) that there's no point.....

posting some combos I use

considering meter gain, damage and situation after the combo, i think these are the ones close to the best choice,

however i wrote this summary note like about 3months ago so there could be sth even better

there is more summary and analysis but I am too lazy to translate my article to english :p

hope this can help some of you guys getting ideas of how to play Jin in CS

【Stand, from jump attack etc】

B>C>Sekkajin>6C>2D>6B>B>2B>C>3C

B>3C>2B>C>HJ2C>JD>dashJ2C>JC>dashB>2B>C>3C

B>C>Sekkajin>C>6C>dc>JC>J2C>JD>6C>214C

B(1)>C>Bdp>6C>6Dx2>Sekkajin>6C>214C     

B(2)>C>Bdp>6C>6D>iadJ2C>JC>dashB>2B>C>3C    

B(2)>C>Bdp>6C>6D>dash throw wiff>Sekkajin>6C>214C   

its pretty hard to do sekkajin combo against Ragna, Carl, Lambda, so just use B>3C (for ragna, use dash B>C>sekkajin~)

or just do B>2B>sekkajin

【Crouch】

C>6C>dc>C>HJ2C>JD>dashJ2C>JC>dashB>2B>C>3C

C>6C>delayBdp>6C>6Dx2>B>2B>C>3C

do whatever for crouch

【from mid-range poke】

(JC)>2D>6B>Sekkajin>6C>214C

B(1)CH>6C>2D>6B>Sekkajin>6C>214C

B(1)CH>6C>2D>6C>dc>C>6C>JC>jc>J2C>214D>~

C(CH)>6C>dc>C>6C>dc>JC>jc>HJ2C>(JC)>JD>~

C(CH)>6C>dc>C>H2C>JD>dashJ2C>JC>~

J236D>C>Sekkajin>6C>214C

D(CH)>6C>dc>C>HJC>J2C>jc>J2C>214C

【6A】

6A>Bdp>6C>6Dx2>Sekkajin>6C>214C 

6A>Ddp>6C>delayBdp>6C>dc>JC>jc>J2C>214C

Bdp does not combo against Jin, Hazama, Litchi, Rachel, Carl, and it requires dash6A for Tsubaki

6A>214C works against Jin, Bang, Tager, Hakumen, Carl, Noel, Arakune, Hazama

【6B,6C,6D】

6C(CH)>dc>6C>2D>6B>Sekkajin>6C>C>HJ2C>214C  

6C(CH)>dc>6C>6D>6B>Bdp>6C>dc>Ddp>6C>6D>C>HJ2C>214D>6C>214C  

6B(CH)>6C>6D>6B>Bdp>6C>dc>Ddp>6C>6D>C>HJ2C>214D>6C>214C

6C>delayBdp>6C>6D>6C>6D>Ddp>6C>6D>C>HJ2C>214C>6C>214C

6C>6D>6B>Bdp>6C>6D>Ddp>6C>6D>HJ2C>214D>6C>214C

6D>6C>delayBdp>Ddp>6C>6D>C>HJ2C>214D>6C>214C

change the end to 6C>hiyoku for more damage

【FC】

2C(FC)>6C>2D>6B>Sekkajin>6C>dc>C>6C>JC>jc>J2C>214D>6C>214C

2C(FC)>6C>delayBdp>6C>6D>6C>6D>Ddp>6C>6D>C>HJ2C>jc>J2C>214D>6C>214C

【Ddp】

Ddp(1)>6C>delayBdp>6C>dc>Ddp>C>6C>dc>JC>jc>J2C>214D>6C>214C    

【Important notes】

* B>3C>2B>C>HJ2C>JD>dashJ2C>JC>dashB>2B>C>3C

is a new BnB combo, you have to learn this one in CS

* its better to save the meter and spend them all in the one combo than wasting 25% meter from every single poke

* 6C combo does more damage than 2C fatal combo, but 2C combo gets back more meter

* JC and J2C are bad moves to add in the combo, if you want high damage combo, do not use these moves unless its the very end of the combo

* 6B 6C are some moves you want use more in the combo

* ice car is terrible, even worse than it was in CT

* hiyoku is a good super to end the combo

* doing 300 more damage in whatever combo means nothing to Jin, don't sacrifice a good oki position for that little damage

* always have a clear plan for the meter distribution

how's D dp connect in here? do u meant to say D ice car instead?

6C(CH)>dc>6C>6D>6B>Bdp>6C>dc>Ddp>6C>6D>C>HJ2C>Ddp> 6C>214C  

Better midscreen FC combo: 2C(FC)>6C>2D 6B>5C>6C>dc>2C>(delay)6C>dc>j.C>j.2C>jc>j.2C>214D 6C>214C (4638 damage, gain 48 - 25 = 23 heat) (stunedge's listed one do 4547 and gain 24 heat)

I rather do 2C FC > 6C > 2D > 66 > 6B > 5C > 6C > DC > 5C > 6C > DC > j.C > JC > j.2C > 214C (4236 damage, 41 heat gain). I like this one since it ends with an Ice Car C and you gain a shitload of meter.

Got a question on how to end combos with 3C > 236D especially in corners. The ice just won't hit. I have been able to do it on ragna but that is with 5B>3C>236D but not on bang :( . Is it character specific? And most of the time the input becomes hirensou instead -_-''.

it only works on chars with fat 'lying on the ground hitboxes' like tager and rachel

If you accidentally get 623D instead of 236D go for a 2nd hit reset if they are far enough from you for a corner rape combo, but 3C>236D isn't supposed to work on Bang and Carl if I recall, it should work on everyone else.

the hard part is not to do the combo but pick the right combo at the right timing

so, just do whatever you feel good

3C>236D

under the normal situation (~~~>B>(2B)>C>3C>236D)

it works against: Jin, Taokaka, Rachel, Arakune, Hakumen, Tager

works against ragna only in very close range but there's really no point to do this setup against ragna

you want to just sit back and block more often than not. It's very important that you avoid making your 'default' wakeup move be a DP.

Barrier blocking can help too, but it's not something you want to just spam either.

Offensively, well I'm ass with CS Jin so I'll let someone else handle specifics hopefully, but j.236d (triple air swords) is something that will only really work online, and against mediocre players at that. I'd mostly consider it a waste of meter.

forward and back roll u are technically on the ground, neutral tech u are off the ground, back roll = safest usually. 623C/D getting beat out? you're doing it wrong. i think u r trying to say that u use A DP while you are playing defense, no, dont do it, wait till you can get a CH off of them. Dont throw air ice swords like a retard either, ragna can run under it and youll eat a big combo, 3C>236C in/near corner.

^guy above

that's why you do IAD j.214D crossup over them

j236D is still godly..., even it got blocked you can continue your block string... if it's not IB-ed

also you should mix it up with cross up JB so they will be on their toes

Methinks j236D is one of his greatest tools still, even from nerf. Prevents people from rushing in to you brainlessly, and good for getting through that stubborn blocker when used as crossup. It's 3k dmg for 25 meter, which u mostly get back after a combo from it anyway.

4/6BC > 236A(whiff) > 632146C...

The whiffed ice blade into super grounds the enemy. Haven't been able to do that without the 236A. You can link a 214D on the back throw version, or another super on both. It's less damaging than doing a pair of 632146D's, but does more damage to Tager, because the 632146C does more hits on him.

i likez how u make it sound like 3k dmg for 25 meter is good lulz, tho its actually true since reallly nothing we can do about it...... >_>