Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolf Pup TK

[CS1] Jin Gameplay Discussion v2 (No bitching edition)

^guy above

that's why you do IAD j.214D crossup over them

Oh, yeah, I meant on wakeup specifically. IAD air sword crossups/fake crossups can be plenty useful during pressure strings or whatever.

i likez how u make it sound like 3k dmg for 25 meter is good lulz, tho its actually true since reallly nothing we can do about it...... >_>

haha. Compared to what Jin could do during R&D i.e. fresh release of BBCS, 3k is a godsend.

Meanwhile, a litchi does 4k meterless to me into corner with godly oki afterwards. Fun stuff~

(after ending midscreen air combo with 214C) run at opponent, 2A as he tech. By some magic you just slide under him and is now on the other side!!! Now you do 5C and your opponent will be like "stupid scrub whiffed his oki so I'm gonna Inferno Di... WTF DID I JUST DO 3C ON WAKE UP". Don't expect this to happen all the time though, but at least this keep you safe from most reversals (except 720, which motion is unaffected by which side you are on) and if you opponent crouch block the wrong way he eat 4k into corner. Should also pick roll tech opponent off the ground into air combo.

Jin's best oki is (IMO) after j.D with one air dash available, because it actually gives him safe and quite strong mix-up options and weird gimmicks, but you won't have access to it most of the time and even if you do you still need to sacrifice some damage.

Question: is it a good idea to IAD>j.A>falling j.B for cross-up during pressure? The j.A seems to cancel the air dash, make you fall faster and closer to opponent, and Jin's sprite automatically turns after recovering from it. Have seen it in recent Jap matches, but still need to confirm with someone.

haha. Compared to what Jin could do during R&D i.e. fresh release of BBCS, 3k is a godsend.

Meanwhile, a litchi does 4k meterless to me into corner with godly oki afterwards. Fun stuff~

rofl don't forget that she can get that from basically any poke same with ragna and the naruto reject =/ but i gotta say that i prefer jin's current corner combos over the ones he had in CT, though i miss the 6.2k 28 heat combo alot :[

^ice cube:

probably not that great of an idea since j.B bis pretty predictable as it is a slow giant wheel basically

j.B cross-up is never a great idea (at least in CS) but we do need something to mix-up with IAD j.236D non cross-up (IAD j.D is probably a worse idea even since you are left helpless until landing, probably can ice car D away but if you are fighting another Jin you are dead ^^). I'm just asking whether adding a whiff j.A before j.B makes it any better.

I think cross-up j.C or J.2C better than J.B(For Cross-up game).

(after ending midscreen air combo with 214C) run at opponent, 2A as he tech. By some magic you just slide under him and is now on the other side!!! Now you do 5C and your opponent will be like "stupid scrub whiffed his oki so I'm gonna Inferno Di... WTF DID I JUST DO 3C ON WAKE UP". Don't expect this to happen all the time though, but at least this keep you safe from most reversals (except 720, which motion is unaffected by which side you are on) and if you opponent crouch block the wrong way he eat 4k into corner. Should also pick roll tech opponent off the ground into air combo.

You can actually do this crossup 100 percent of the time.This only works on neutral tech but it also can catch forward rolls and stop some quick getup attempts. Every character can do this with a low profile move. Jin can actually do it with 2a, 2b, 3c, and even 2c but 2a is by far the most useful.

j.B cross-up is never a great idea (at least in CS) but we do need something to mix-up with IAD j.236D non cross-up (IAD j.D is probably a worse idea even since you are left helpless until landing, probably can ice car D away but if you are fighting another Jin you are dead ^^). I'm just asking whether adding a whiff j.A before j.B makes it any better.

yes instead of normal IAD you can do jump-airdash, whiff jA > jB and it will cross up

I think I saw gaga pull off a IAD grab cross up.

He IAD past a Mu as you would for a IAD j.236D, but instead grabbed Mu from behind him when the Mu tried to jump barrier the crossup.

How successful is this? Risks? People obviously won't fall for IAD j.236D all the time.

wouldn't you need to space your air dash to end right on the other side of the opponent so you actually turn around? that might make opprotunities for this harder to set up.

maybe you can change the direction you jump before hte air dash to compensate. sorry i can't test since i'm at work right now.

yes instead of normal IAD you can do jump-airdash, whiff jA > jB and it will cross up

Thanks for the reply. Should I jump 7 or 8 or 9 or it is spacing dependent?

Screen crossing FC combo

2C > 6C > dc > 5C > 6C > 2D > 6B > 5C > 2C > 6C > dc > 5C > 623B > 632146d(x2)> sj > 214/C - 6114 dmg

Looks impractical to me, especially the 5C>6C>2D (it must take a huge hitbox and lots of delay for that 2D to hit) and the 623B > D super (too close to corner and the whole thing would whiff).

Thanks for the reply. Should I jump 7 or 8 or 9 or it is spacing dependent?

i usually do a 7 0r 9 then air dash and whiff the j.a into the j.b or j.c

What would you guys suggest for good pressure game. I'm still trying to get used to CS Jin and I've been playing him a lot like CT Jin and that has been causing me some grief.

All the moves I used to use for pressure are either not very safe or have pretty crappy hitboxes, so I'm trying to get some suggestions to get a better handle on things.

What would you guys suggest for good pressure game. I'm still trying to get used to CS Jin and I've been playing him a lot like CT Jin and that has been causing me some grief.

All the moves I used to use for pressure are either not very safe or have pretty crappy hitboxes, so I'm trying to get some suggestions to get a better handle on things.

5C>delay 2C and 6C>6B(this one is kinda weird) frame trap lulz

tager specific block string basics: j.A>j.B>j.A>j.B>2B>5C>repeat or do w/e you want to from the last j.B

j.A is almost always necessary if you want to start a pressure string

Running j.A>j.B>j.A>j.B can crossup tager on the 2nd j.A if done correctly

Running j.A>j.B crossup works on most characters

I think I saw gaga pull off a IAD grab cross up.

He IAD past a Mu as you would for a IAD j.236D, but instead grabbed Mu from behind him when the Mu tried to jump barrier the crossup.

How successful is this? Risks? People obviously won't fall for IAD j.236D all the time.

can't really call it a crossup since its a throw......Mu player cudve done option select A+B+C =/

What can Jin do against Hazama. There's no match-up forum for Hazama so I'm gonna ask here.

touga hyoujin......and.....JC....DP's...and...uh....not much else, it's hard to start and maintain pressure, and long range is no contest. It's more annoying than difficult imo.

What can Jin do against Hazama. There's no match-up forum for Hazama so I'm gonna ask here.

Well aimed ice swords.

Don't air dash much if at all, or you eat FC flash kick.

Hazama's really have a hard time moving around. His air dash blows, his walk blows, his dash blows. And most people so far don't have a good sense of where they'll end up after using his D moves.

I like to run around and make them struggle. It works for me. Trolling or actually effective, I dunno, lol.

to add on to xlolxlolx's post:

basic safe string is 2A>5B(2)>2B>5C>3C>236A. Good moves to reset pressure are 2A (-1), 5B (0) and 2B(-3 but push opponent quite far). Sneak a 6B in every now and then, but IMO not recommended against DP characters (you just put yourself into a guessing game with quite some risk included, basically). 5C>6C is kinda pointless.

5C>2D is good to use. If placed correctly, can safely poke them with 2A afterwards (DPs will whiff)

tk236C can be used to bait jumps. Punish with 6C.

corner:

5C>jc(7or8)>j.236A/B, falling air dash j.2C > mix-up j.C/2B

5C>jc(7or8)>j.236A/B, land 6C (you can pretty much expect the opponent to be jumping out)

IAD j.B>j.A, land throw (not so good option)

cancel something into 6D (2A and 2B max range are good, 5B(1) is also quite safe in general). Lots of options afterwards: dash 2A to continue pressure, punish jumps with fubuki/6C/air throw/j.B, or frame trap opponent's poke attempt with 5C.

6B not advisable during blockstring in corner. Got better + safer stuff to do. However it's a good throw bait. Mix-up 2A>dash throw and 2A>dash 6B kinda works.

lolololol no don't bother using ice swords, at least not on ground cuz i would just eat you with chain into combo, c air ice sword is ok if you are far enough away to avoid his 6D getting you, if they don't know where they're gonna go after they use chain then they shouldnt really use hazama rofl.

I use j.6D as oki after 623D so i guess you shouldnt back roll after you get caught by it?

running around makes it easier for you to get caught by snake usually

ye, by aimed I mean air.

Most hazama I've played weren't a problem, to the point I didn't have to contemplate the matchup. Not many good ones around where I am I guess.