Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolf Pup TK

[CS1] Jin Gameplay Discussion v2 (No bitching edition)

With him as my sub, it really just becomes a matter of time taken to mash the c before learning when to stop.

Strange with different online connections though, coupled with the follow up 6C, but really good overall for racking up some needed heat

Thanks for the tips guys.

does double jump have a frame where you can get hit, similar to jump start up

Couldn't you try barriering in the air, then double jumping with the barrier? If you can get hit during it, the barrier should drop right?

after week of playing BBCS, im starting to get the ropes of it. jin is feeling comfortable but yet i cant combo much outside practice. whenever i can get a 2B in i panic and end up with 2B>5C and then i start mashing C and get a really bad sekajin. only combo i can do is 6B>sekajin>6C>2D>6B>sekajin>6C>214C

im also unable to pull a good air combo even in practice. what is a good launcher to get into jC,j2C and how do i string the air attack?

so

basically, how to start comboing online. i have the reflexes for example to throw in a 2C on an airbourne foe but after that things bog down and etc. please give general tips.

thanks

Well most of the air combos will come off either a 5C CH>6C dash cancel>5C>j.C>etc, 5C on a crouching opponent into the same combo, 623B in the corner (if you are low on heat) or 3C>2B>5C. The 3C>2B doesn't gatling so you have to wait for the animation for 3C to finish first.

Although most of the time, you'd want to be trying to go for a 3C/214C finish on combos for knockdown. Here is a good video for the most of the ones you'll need:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhUjeSdDu5w

Comboing online and offline is the same (assuming the connection is decent), all about muscle memory, not what is happening on the screen.

thanks

all about muscle memory, not what is happening on the screen.

this helps.

but why do i need to end my combos with a knockdown?

also- so what i've gotten so far is that inputs must be done before the animation of the previous attack is done. true?

thanks

this helps.

also- so what i've gotten so far is that inputs must be done before the animation of the previous attack is done. true?

oh God..., I recommend that you read all the basic details first before asking questions here.

knockdown leads to oki which is always good in any fighting game.

to elborate on what yuushiro said, knockdown generally leaves you at an advantage and allows you to maintain the offensive, because now they have to worry about you attacking them. It also gives you time to do stuff. that stuff depends on the situation, but that's an entirely different subject.

if you get good knockdown... which is 3C or even 214C. (would mostly be 214C in BBCS2 since 3C is techable now)

you can try to catch them rolling away from you and continue comboing, if they neutral tech you can either bait for DP or continue for mixup since it'll be a frame advantage for you and you don't have to keep poking in neutral game.

it's mostly common sense..., and please read a lot of stuff before start posting...

I lurked for around 2 months in this forum when I just started playing BB and reading all guides before I start posting questions to make sure I don't ask questions that's already been answered

(wanna say stupid questions, but all questions are stupid lol)

I already know that since February last year...

it gatling even to 5C if you are fast enough. It's also on stunedge combo video...

I guess you didn't bother to read this whole thread before posting.

In his defense, that's 84 pages of reading. Who would do that?

I would, I lurked for a while reading everything here I could for like about a month

before I start posting ....

and even by not reading he should see that maybe in the combo videos or whatnot.

Well, Not everyone watches combo videos and surely not everyone has as much patience/time as you.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to prove lol. No offense.

Okay, enough unrelated discussion not related to BBCS1 jin.

I am not trying to prove anything but searching before posting is always a good thing.

Another high damaging 5B combo, courtesy of Shirushi but tweaked a bit:

5B > 5C > Sekkajin > (dashing) 6C > DC > (dashing) 5C > 6C > (delayed) 2D > (dashing) 6B > (dashing) 5B > 2B > 5C > 3C (3057 damage).

The reason I changed the j.2C > j.C into 6B (it's only about 60 or so points of damage in difference) is because it whiffs against a lot of characters, then again, it might just be my shitty execution. That and the dashing 5C > 6C auto-cross ups against a lot of characters, it might just be my execution again but if anyone wants to give it a try then go right ahead.

Meh, I think I'll stick to 5B > 5C > Sekkajin > 6C > DC > 5C > sJC > j.C/j.2C > j.D > AD > j.2C > j.C > (dashing) 5B > 5C > 3C (2925 damage) for my 5B BnB since it's much easier to pull off and it's only about 150 points of damage in difference lol.

I don't really plan to use that combo myself and I prefer 3C knockdown over Ice Car knockdown, well at least until CSII is released.

What are some good guard breaking strings? Normally I use 6D at the most unexpected times but sometimes I like to use 236D>6D>pressure again/623B/Ice car depending on how many primers they have left.

Mmm kay I figure it would go here.

When doing a combo like 5C(CH) -> 6C -> Dash -> 5C -> *** -> J.C -> J.2C -> jc -> J.C -> J.2C

I add a 2C at the ***, yet I notice most players just go from 5C to J.C. (or of course 5C -> 6C again)

is there something I'm missing? Thanks in advance.