Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolf Pup TK

[CS1] Jin Gameplay Discussion v2 (No bitching edition)

That's why we're low tier T_T

But seriously, 2A has better starting proration than 2B? Thanks for the info.

-and xlolxlolx u just said the same combo i just posted u just started it with a B dp lol and trust me after 3c 2b is a better oki that a C sword

-and i blive the combo u want to say is b dp>6c>dc>5c>jc>J2.c.66>j2.c.j.c (insert reset here) i don't know where that Jb come from

If you are going for pressure ice sword C is better, 2B would be if you are aiming for quick gattle into 5C. It is not the same combo btw, not going for a IAD but you are taking advantage of the j.d frames and doing a air dash after it into a j.2C>j.C then you land and that j.B was out of habit because I'm not used to doing a j.2C from a 5C, that's how much I miss it :[. Also what you put before is definitely not the same, you are going for a reset and this is a much more effective use of a B DP in the corner for a reset damage wise.

i think someone here doesn't kno what a reset is ima post a video and help u out bro :) us jin players need to help each other out so thats what ima do

My bad I screwed up on part of that combo, i took this from hiroshi's combo, no reset since he went for a j.C after the second j.2C, but it is completely possible to go from the 2nd j.2C into a reset, and yes I know what a reset yet.

hiroshi vs fio: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOpBHWKLuxo

edit: oh it's a sjc not a jc, so it would be: b dp>6c>dc>5c>sjc>j.2c>j.5d>mid air 66>j.2c>reset (6a most likely)

sall good bro and the reset was done around 3:40 6a into sekkajin:eng101:

hey guys sometimes when i 5a a crouching noel or litchi only one hit connects and it throws me way off :psyduck:should i just 5c after or will they be able to block?

*EDIT* i ment 5B smh

I never 5a those that are crouching but I'd say go into 2a then 5c to be safer.

I found a really useful gimmick on 6D trade in a corner but I'm not certain how well it works in CS since I haven't played it in a while. Since the unfreeze effect on hit seems to have people jumping out backward very slightly above the ground and hardly no one ever barrier on unfreeze (smart people will block and masher gonna mash) you can 623D right after for a instant unblockable. Can someone confirm that it works well in CS also? I might just check it myself after I break in my new arcade stick.

Will not work on ground unless they're as you mentioned, mashers. Absolutely works in air, but requires somewhat specific timing to get it in.

My friend confirmed that it works (lol pirate) as long whatever you trade with doesn't have to much hitstun.

It'll work with if you trade with 6D or 623D/arrow of ice if you were hit with nails or some other projectile as long as your opponent is cornered.

It's not something to plan for but good if fine yourself in those situations.

what do you mean by instant unblockable? the first hit of 623 D isnt unblockable and the 2nd hit must be charged to be unblockable. this is too risky to be even considered a gimmick I think, it may caught any player the first time but smart players once they see this once most of the time it won't work again

I think he's saying that the trade with 6D puts them into the air, so they won't be able to normal block the 623D after the trade.

I meant to say air unblockable. Thing is with when Jin is hit after freezing someone they are automatically ejected from it into the air at a very low height yet they can still air dash afterward. And considering how fast 623D start up is you can anti-air them almost on frame 1 of them being released.

It's called a gimmick cause it's not something your gonna catch someone all the time with. Using 6D is a common pressure tool and CS since it break primers, if someone tries to jabs out of it and you trade then it's possible to use this is basically what I'm saying.

Edit: I should had refresh but eh, more details should help.

oh, the first hit of the 623 D is not air unblockable I think. at least in CS. and it only puts them in the air on some situation, not always so it's still too risky

Of course it's air unblockable or else it wouldn't be a dp, also the first part of 623D always launches on hit.

But what I'm talking about is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNomspJDLtk#t=2m32s

See how V-13 was in the air for while after getting out, if 6D trades with a poke you can anti-air on that part. Someone using barrier there is really rare. and yes that thing is also in CS. I say 4-6k+ damage is worth it.

hmm, ok I will try to confirm that.

and what is that video? you just showing the nu distortion which kill pozer, lol....

Nu being ejected out of the ice. You might of seen the same if you ever traded 5D with another Jin. lol

Most hilarious trade is 2D with another Jin, best shit ever. and if you're going for a quick AA after a trade you might as well go for a 5A, more reliable that doing 623D, saves you meter and you can go for an air combo(if hit) and use that meter for a 214D to get them into the corner, also likely that you won't recover fast enough from trading hits.

I got to try that lol

The trade was meant to be in the corner, that ejection thing places them out of attack range mid screen unless they forward air dash afterwards.

But yeah 5A in the corner is a nice alternative, anything else will most likely get beat by a air jab.

Lol if the 2D trade ever happens to you go straight for a crouching block otherwise it'll be a who can mash 5a or 2a fastest. And Jin's 5A has some crazy reach so it makes a decent AA, but you can always attempt for a 623B for an insane 5k+ corner combo. But the thing is trading with 6D isn't really supposed to happen lmao and i've never seen ice arrow being traded, that one is a mystery to me since it looks like ice arrow has invincible frames. If they do go for a block after the air dash they go for 5a spam then once they are low enough mix up with 2a and if they crouch then go 6a ez corner combo.

I AA with 5A more often then 2A.

Bang's nails, Jin's j.236D and Arakune j.D was the main things that knocked me out of 1000 arrows, you may at least get most of the damage out of it before the trade happens though. lol