Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolf Pup TK

[CS1] Jin Gameplay Discussion v2 (No bitching edition)

I thought the second hit of hirensou wasn't unblockable anymore?

also, are the combos in the combo thread still good compared to new ones that have been discovered, or should i start looking through the thread?

it is, in fact there are funny gimmicks to do large damage reset with it.

Mr. Nov here asked for a few jin resets....

for corner loop combo, the best time to reset is from the 2nd hit of DP D, you can delay that to be an unblockable, or just delay it right when they break out of the ice so it will reset and you can do it all over again and it will kill most players if you don't start the corner loop when they are in full health.

-you can also go for an airthrow at the middle of your aircombo when the corner loops about to end.

-anywhere else on the screen you can reset by not doing ice car after you freeze the opponent midair, and just let them fall down with you

-you can do it also after 5B in the middle of your combo, you can do throw, or 6B or just bait if you know they are mashing for uppercuts or super or whatever.

- 5C->IAD->3ice is also a good reset in the middle of combo.

Those are mostly I can think off right now, maybe I missed somethign but I'll add it up later

again all I can do is facepalm because people are just so lazy to read all the previous posts.....

delay the 2nd hit of DP D... to make it connect

and secondly your combo is far from optimal, you couldl've done better stuff for fatal in the corner or midscreen

Yeah I meant that I had problems with the 6C part, I delay the second hit untill the last possible moment but... eh.

I probably need to experiment more then.

Just a question. When going for fatal counter combo, one has some options depending on where they are on the screen, and the most critical one is where you're going for first freeze. From what I've seen the choice is usually either between a midscreen 2D, or a corner 6D, since those are the ones that offer the most opportunities. Am I correct in this ?

Going from there, I have a question. Say I am at this point in the combo where I'm doing corner air combo, and I go for D musou to keep the combo going. Say I go for 6C > 6D > 623D once I'm on the ground, and at that moment the counter is at like 14 or 15 hits. Is it still possible to go for the 6C follow up after 623D ? It seems the more the combo goes, the less untechable time you have, so I wonder what are the limites of 623D > 6C, since at the moment my timing is too suck to try out myself.

Also, when my first freeze is a corner 6D, should I always go for the 623B afterwards, or is there a time when that won't hit ? I've seen a lot of people going for 6D >> 6D > 623D after a first freeze on 6D, and in retrospect that seems like a waste, but maybe there's something I don't quite get ?

Just a question. When going for fatal counter combo, one has some options depending on where they are on the screen, and the most critical one is where you're going for first freeze. From what I've seen the choice is usually either between a midscreen 2D, or a corner 6D, since those are the ones that offer the most opportunities. Am I correct in this ?

Going from there, I have a question. Say I am at this point in the combo where I'm doing corner air combo, and I go for D musou to keep the combo going. Say I go for 6C > 6D > 623D once I'm on the ground, and at that moment the counter is at like 14 or 15 hits. Is it still possible to go for the 6C follow up after 623D ? It seems the more the combo goes, the less untechable time you have, so I wonder what are the limites of 623D > 6C, since at the moment my timing is too suck to try out myself.

Also, when my first freeze is a corner 6D, should I always go for the 623B afterwards, or is there a time when that won't hit ? I've seen a lot of people going for 6D >> 6D > 623D after a first freeze on 6D, and in retrospect that seems like a waste, but maybe there's something I don't quite get ?

yes those are the best options since 5D is shit and JD won't link

you should be able to link 623D>6C many times.... mostly because untechable time decreases not hitstun, though it probably depends on the attack, 8 hit sekka (afaik) causes less decrease in untechable time, than say... 8 5A's.

you should go for 623B in the corner (not as a starter, that shit prorates bad) because p2 is like 94 and the damage is high.

if you see people doing 6D>6D it generally means they don't have alot of heat (not enough to do corner combo) so they do:

6D>6D>5B>5C>3C>236C or some other oki setup.

if you did the 6C>6Dx2 than you can't oki since they're in the air.

623 D offer 77 frames which means around more than a second to continue attacking which means if done correctly there's no limit of 623D > 6C as long as you have the heat to do it.

dependings on what hit them first and what you follow up with, 623 B in the corner is possible still after 5-6 hits, except you hit them with an attack that has less than 90 p1 property

also if you do a fatal in the corner, just do the corner loop combo that's the most optimal thing to do....

if you hit them midscreen...

I have this combo which I usually do and it even can bring them all the way to the other corner

2C(FC)>6C>2D>5C>6C>dc(slight pause)>5C>6C>air combo>D musou > 6C > C musou

it will do around 4.6k with 25% heat. and this combo gains you around 40 something heat and you get good enough oki with ending it with C musou

the pause is needed so they won't be too high up in the air for you to hit them with the D musou

So about that un-updated combo list, are there any important combos that is worth sifting through 5 months of posts?

I don't know what to say anymore, if you don't want to study jin then don't. those older combos are actually easier, if you can't do those yet don't expect to be able to do the newer ones

wow sous is salty.

anyways, there really haven't been any major combos recently, I think the newest I seen is the J2C>JD>AD>JC>J2C>5B>2B>5C>3C>oki.

also remembered something about linking 623D>6C, you can do 623D>5C>6C, it sounds wierd, but you can do it, as long as they're sliding.... lol sliding hitbox.

also a dumb question I really should know the answer to, but I completely forgot the air combo... it's JC>J2C>J2C>(JD)>ice car right? I forgot if there's a JB....

EDIT: yep found it. JC>J2C>J2C>ice car.

that old combo was my work translating it from the japanese..., I know it's not that hard but still..... people who aren't appreciating my old work are not worthy to receive my new ones, that's why I haven't posted any new jin combo yet.

saving some of it for the SBO quals, if you've been watching matches you would know what are those combos anyway.

jin actually has a ton variation of air combo right now since jC and j2C chain to each other...., in the corner or for some certain character it's safer to use jB as startup since it has better hitbox

in the corner or mid screen?

corner you can still do 5C to catch them, just remember you can max hit them with only 2 things in air combo or usually they can tech out so actually what I do to get better oki is just

corner = DP C> 5C > j2C > jD > air dash > j2C > jC > 5B > 2B > 5C > 3C > oki. since usually it won't kill them you can spend more meter if you want to get the kill.

mid screen you can only chain it to dash in 5B or 66 5B

so

midscr = DP C > (66) 5B > 5C > air combo, you can still try to do what I do in the corner for finishing but it's much harder, the average damage you can get is around 2k.... you can do jC>j2C> jD or j2C>j2C > jD and might end up with 2.1 or 2.2 k,

some people like to start the combo with jA too since it's more consistent but you get worse proration damage so you'll usually do less damage than starting it with jC, j2C, or jB

Wait, if 5B 2B Gatling, can it still gatling 2B 5B?

No, 2B does not gatling into 5B anymore.

someone must do this

(FLASHY) CORNER COMBO COMPILATION

Starters:

1. 6D, 6B>623B 6C>6D,

2. 623D 6C>623B 6C>dc, (possible to add 6D instead of dc, but impractical)

3. 6C>6D, 6B>623B 6C>6D,

4. (CH) 6C>623B 6C>6D 6C>6D, (CH not necessary but for practicality)

5. 6B>623B 6C>6D 6C>6D,

6. 5D>dc>623B 6C>6D,

7. (CH) 5D>dc>6C>623B 6C>dc,

8. (FC) 2C>6C>623B 6C>6D 6C>6D,

9 . 5C>6C>623B 6C>dc,

10. 2C OR 5B(1 hit)>6C>6D 623B>6C>dc,

11. 5C>623B 6C>6D,

12. 2C OR 3C>623B 6C>6D 6C>dc,

13. (crouch) 6B 5C>6C>623B 6C>dc,

14. (CH) 6B 6C>6D 6C>623B 6C>dc,

15. (second hit) 623D 6C>6D 6C>623B 6C>dc,

8a . (FC) 2C>6C>623B 6C>6D 6D 5C>6C>6D

9a . 5C>6C>6D 6B>623B>6C>6D,

10a. 2C OR 5B(1 hit)>6C>6D 6B>623B>6C>6D,

11a. 5C>623B 6C>6D 6C>6D,

12a. 2C OR 3C>623B 6C>6D 6C>6D,

13a. (crouch) 6B 5C>6C>6D 6C>6D,

14a. (CH)6B, 6C>6D, 6B>623B 6C>6D,

15a. 623D(second hit), 6C>6D, 6B>623B 6C>6D,

10b. 2C>6C>6D 6B>623B 6C>dc,

11b. 5C>623B 6C>6D 6C>dc,

Follow-up: (damage ranked C to S)

1~15: 623D 6C>6D 5C>hjc>j.2C>214D 6C>214C (add extra j.2C for 1&8) (50%, damage A, knockdown) (change 214C to D super for 100%, damage S)

1~15: (623D 6C>6D)x2, 5C>2C>hjc>j.C j.2C>jc>j.C j.2C (50%, damage A+)

1~7, 8a~15a: 623D 6C>6D 5C>2C>hjc>j.C j.2C>jc>j.C j.2C (25%, damage A-)

1,2: 623D 6C>6D 5C>hjc>j.2C>214C (25%, damage B, knockdown)

3,6,7: 623D 6C>dc>(delay)5C>hjc>j.2C>214C (25%, damage B-, knockdown)

4,5,8a,11b,12a,13a: 5C>6C>dc j.C>jc>j.2C>214D 6C>214C (25%, damage B, knockdown)

9a, 10a, 14a, 15a: 623D 6C>214C (25%, damage C, knockdown)

1~8, 10a(5B), 10b, 12a~15a: 623D 6C>6D 5C>6C>dc>623D 5C>D super (100%, damage S+) (difficult) (don't bother doing this with 5C combos)

Notes:

* Learn 623D second hit timing

* Follow up to D super is usually 6A>throw(whiff) for knockdown or 6C>623C for desperate extra damage

* For combos starting with 5C, you can also start with 5B(1hit)>5C

* Always delay 623B if done after 6C

* Do take note of Haku-men, Tsubaki & Lambda's hitboxes (dunno about Mu)

* Some starters are not included because

they don't lead to flashy combos

you are better off going for oki and/or easy stuff.

* 2D can replace 6D during combos, depending on distance.

* You can modify the 25% knockdown follow ups to end with D super, but it would only go up to around A+ damage (which can be done with 25% less meter), so it's usually not worth it.

* Spending 50% or 100% on combos starting with 5C or non-CH 5B is usually not recommended. You would have to shorten your starter a lot to accommodate the follow-up, resulting in little extra damage. 25% follow-up + D super is not bad though.

* Things look hectic since I wanted the maximum damage possible. It would be fine if you just keep similar beat count.

Feedbacks are welcome. Can any mods put this into the combo thread?

I don't know what to say anymore, if you don't want to study jin then don't. those older combos are actually easier, if you can't do those yet don't expect to be able to do the newer ones

If I didn't want to study jin why would I be in this thread asking questions? a simple yes or no would have sufficed, and it's not like I was asking anyone to compile a list for me, as I was about to look through the thread myself if there were any worthwhile combos

Edit: I am in no way trying to start shit with you, and although i agree that i should have read a bit before asking, that post was also uncalled for, and i'd like nothing better than to drop this pointless argument

Could someone compile a Jin Kisaragi Gatling chart. It'd be much appreciated. With Jin's new j.C, could any corner loops be made?

Could someone compile a Jin Kisaragi Gatling chart. It'd be much appreciated. With Jin's new j.C, could any corner loops be made?

agreed, we need a gatling chart, I know a lot of them, but you never know

I doubt JC can be corner looped.... it's hitbox it a bit too narrow... all I can think of off the top of my head though (I thought of hilarious Ky stuff) was 5C>IADJCxN... but it's possible that you can do some juggles or something.

agreed, we need a gatling chart, I know a lot of them, but you never know

I doubt JC can be corner looped.... it's hitbox it a bit too narrow... all I can think of off the top of my head though (I thought of hilarious Ky stuff) was 5C>IADJCxN... but it's possible that you can do some juggles or something.

I will see what i can do maybe and maybe someone could use these to maybe to get started.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?5644-CT-Jin-Beginner-Guide&p=353030#post353030

Someone may want to try to translate this.I think it has the gatlings but my Japanese is shit so fail.Sorry

http://www14.atwiki.jp/jinkisaragi/pages/43.html

shtkn has made some gatling chart before so anyone who wants to try to make it could ask him for help maybe.

Funny i was playing jin today and i didn't even bother to check out his gatlings xD

I'll put up a chart and some other stuff if i can get to a friends house Saturday. i'll have to bring him free buttons or something for being so cool.

And making it isn't the problem, finding the time to make it is. it nothing more than

5A [5A, 2A, 6A, 5B, 2B, 6B, 5C, 2C, 6C, 3C]

5A<>2A>5B>2B>5C>2C>6C、3C、5D、6D、2D

JA<>JB>J2C<>JC>JD(J2C Also works)

Special

A variety of roll can be(?)

2A> 3C No(?)

5A, 2A> 6A

5A, 2A, 5B, 5C, 6C> 6B

6C> 6B, 6D, 2D, dc (66)

5D, 6D> dc

(Dc can not act a certain way in the dash away dash look special skills)(?)

JB> JD No (?)

Pretty much run through google translate with easier reading fixes, only parts I didn't really understand are the parts with the (?) although I think the second part is then you hit them out of roll tech

I'm not the best translator, but I'm pretty sure I'm better than Google Translate XD

各種Aは連打可能 means you can freely gatling between A's.

dcは見た目ダッシュの特殊技 一定距離ダッシュで途中行動不可 means you can't cancel the dash cancel into anything until it ends.

I hope I got it right...if not, someone please correct me.