Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolf Pup TK

[CS1] Jin Gameplay Discussion v2 (No bitching edition)

I can only do 6C > dash cancel > 6C on counter hit... how are you doing it on just fatal counter?

please read my edited post =/ i was typing it while i was eating dinner so i didn't bother to check what i typed

Heres a fc air combo

2C>6C>DC>2C>6C>DC>2C>6C>DC>air combo

yeah you can juggle with 2C>6C juggle for about 3-4(maybe more on tager?) times but the delays are kinda tricky, got really bored and messed around with FCs alot today......

for some situation I ended up that close..., also I think it works only for big char hitbox....

really hard on other char than rachel, tager, arakune, hakumen etc

i use 2b after the counter it works on alot of ppl :)

I was messing around in training mode and i noticed after you dash cancel 5d you actually have time to dash again and do an attack like 5b or 3c so you can do like

5d > (dc) > 66 > 3c > 2b > 5c > 6c > (dc) > j.c > (jc) > j2c > 214c for 2816 damage and 28 heat.

was trying out some FC combos using as little heat as possible and here are some high damage ones that only use 25%, take out the 623d and you save 25% but u lose 300 damage

midscreen - 2c>6c>5c>6c>66>623b>6c>6d>6d>5c>6c>623d>6c>66>5c>j.b>j.c>j.2c>JC>j.c>j.2c (5.1k damage)

corner - 2c>6c>6d>6d>5c>6c>623b>6c>6d>623d>6c>66>5c>j.b>j.c>j.2c>JC>j.c>j.2c (5.1k)

^u're doing it wrong

"safer" reset corner combo setup(requires 25+ heat to start with) works midscreen and corner

1st half: FC 2C>6C>DC>2C>6C>DC>623B>6C>6D>66B>5B(2)>2B>5C>2C>3C(42 heat gained)>623D(1) = 4.2k damage

2nd half: 623D(2)>6C>623B>6C>6D>6C>6D>5C>6C>DC>623D>5C>632146D>6C>623C = 6.6k damage, 67 heat to start/ or you can do the corner combo of your choice depending on your meter

2B>5C>2C>3C>623D pushes you to a pretty safe distance so that you don't get ID'd or anything, but connecting the 3C>623D is tricky, using dash 5B is optional.

High risk high reward, use it if you think you can get 623D(2) to hit on those that attempt to jump away or etc.

lol yeah i found out some better alternatives after messing around some more in training. i don't get FC's that often so i never really cared to try out my options

if you want the real damage 6C provides the best damage jin combo, 4.5 k meterless from 6C and up to 6-7k with 100% meter

PS: I mean if you have time to do 2C most likely you have time to do 6C too like, off whiffed DP or whatnot

if you want the real damage 6C provides the best damage jin combo, 4.5 k meterless from 6C and up to 6-7k with 100% meter

PS: I mean if you have time to do 2C most likely you have time to do 6C too like, off whiffed DP or whatnot

6C should've been a fatal lol.... what combo is that(the meterless)? is it a corner one

Edited an old post with these, but putting them here, for the sake of anyone who might find them useful. The goal was to build at least 25 Heat and end with a super, so that you could get off 2, with 50 heat stocked.

Mid-screen

5B > 3C, 2B > 5C > sj.B > j.C or j.2C > j.D, ((d.)5B) > 5C > 623B, Ice Arrow [3498 dmg].

CH j.C, (d.)6C > d.c., j.B > j.C or j.2C > j.D, d.5B > 5C > 623B, Ice Arrow [3538 dmg].

CH j.C, (d.)6C > d.c., j.B > j.C or j.2C > j.D, 6C > d.c., 5C > 623B, Ice Arrow [3730 dmg].

CH j.C, (d.)6C > 2D, d.6B, Sekkajin, 6C > d.c., 5C > Ice Arrow, 214C [4032 dmg].

That last one can be done from an air or ground hit. Use the optional dash for spacing.

Edit: From Throw

B+C > Sekkajin, d.5C > sj.B > j.2C > j.D, 5C > Ice Arrow [3075 dmg].

B+C > Sekkajin, 6C > 2D, d.6B, 5B > 2B > 5C > Ice Arrow [3237 dmg].

6C should've been a fatal lol.... what combo is that(the meterless)? is it a corner one

no the 4.5k 6C is not corner at all..

I usually try to do the 4.3k instead since the 4.5 is a bit harder lol..

so it'll be anywhere on the screen with

6C(CH)>triple dash > 6C > 2D > 6B> sekkajin> 6C > 5C > jC/j2C > jump cancel > j2C > 214C.

I usually just do j2C> 214C right away for 4.3k but I get better oki.

if you are anywhere near the corner you can start the corner loop substituting the 2D with 6D for more damage..., also you can go for 623D or 214D

6C>triple dash > 6C > 2D > 6B> sekkajin> 6C > 5C > jC/j2C > jump cancel > j2C > 214C.

I usually just do j2C> 214C right away for 4.3k but I get better oki.

if you are anywhere near the corner you can start the corner loop substituting the 2D with 6D for more damage..., also you can go for 623D or 214D

triple dash? is it CH? either way I'm going to have to practice that... oh sekkajin, you're such a good way to tack on damage

yea 6C CH , sorry..

and triple dash is the way you tapping your joystick 3 times so you get more momentum..., instead of the normal 2 times for dash cancel

you can see the example of that in stunedge combo videos

6-7k in the corner right? thats the only way i can pull that much damage off with 100 heat

no, even if you dont make it to the corner double ice arrow with 6C in between will make it around 6k something

ok im kind of a scrub so forgive me for not knowing but, i was wondering why when i watch some of the top jin players play they will decide to use 632146c over 632146d any explanations would be greatly appreciated....tthx in advance:psyduck:

depends on the situation. in ct you could get a counter hit A fubuki and combo the c distortion, in cs you cand do both. i mostly use it as a counter because its really fast and you can kinda combo from it if you can dash in 2d fast enough

ice arrow super does more damage, but limited range (only hits people in a diagonal line in front of jin)

ice wave super has more horizontal range and is therefore good for punishing the enemy if htey do something slow from fullscreen, but does less damage.

use the general question thread instead of making your own thread.

depends on the situation. in ct you could get a counter hit A fubuki and combo the c distortion, in cs you cand do both. i mostly use it as a counter because its really fast and you can kinda combo from it if you can dash in 2d fast enough

k...ty

ice arrow super does more damage, but limited range (only hits people in a diagonal line in front of jin)

ice wave super has more horizontal range and is therefore good for punishing the enemy if htey do something slow from fullscreen, but does less damage.

use the general question thread instead of making your own thread.

kk..will do from now on

umm I honestly find that 2A is hard to sekkajin properly off of because of space sooo i usually go to ice car,and thats sooo little,but the overhea just looks sooo slow

-after having tried him now 2nd week umm I dont think i've once said yes I tricked him in terms of mixing overheads and lows because I cant honestly find a decent way

-the IAD 236D off a combo worked sometimes but crouchers could block them soo

what do Jin mainers do nowadays? to keep them honest

If they're just autopilot crouch blocking, try a 6A on their wakeup. Or at least it works on me lol.

Hm, someone else who actually knows Jin should offer better advice.

attacking crouchers?

.....just attack, landing you can combo 6C on them for big damage, and as for hitting them....

I gues JB>J2C>2B is good, and standard mixup (2D,236D>6D frame traps, and remember 5B>crossups work best).

Jin's mixup is bleh, there's little reason to block high against him.

or you could do the Jin thing and pressure.

honestly I never use 6A, it's a "-fucked" on block with no cancel, and the reward is low.

yah the conditioning part does make sense

and Neo Zeromus oh yah a friend had a room or i think it was me and i swear Ive seen you or played you but ya,im sure I lost

yah I guess I shud try 6A more,i forget it,or grab lol