Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolf Pup TK

[CS1] Jin Gameplay Discussion v2 (No bitching edition)

I'm not 100% sure, but 6C on counter hit is untechable until the opponent hits the ground.

I usually follow up a counter hit 6C (from any height) with a dash cancel > dash (again) 6C > air combo.

6C(counter),dash cancel,66C, 2D,dash 6B,Sekkajin,6C,delay 214C.( pickup)

Ty Linear

Jin thread being active omg woot.

Really? Wow I didn't know that...

I've been doing 6C(counter)>dc>j.c>j.2c>j.c>j.d

Nah its universal, guaranteed like 4K, i usually do 6C>dC>66C>DC>5C>6C>dc>jc>j2C>jC>jD>ender

Is there any advices about spending your Heat? Is it better in some situations to preserve heat for massive (corner) combos or spending it right away (if chance is given) with 623D counters/make them block 236D?

Personally, I don't bother using it for distortions unless I know it will be the finishing blow. I would use it for tight reversals (623D), for when I can push them into the corner (#>5C>214D>66C>#) or for going for crossups and gimmicks (IAD>j.236D) but that's just my style. You can go for making those 4k combos every time by spending the heat whenever you get the chance if you want but it really comes down to what your play style is. If you go for big damage combos a lot, go use up the heat to make it hit 4k every time. If you like to go for oki options, etc, then save at least 25% for reversal opportunities. If you love doing those Yukikaze>Rapid Combos or unblockable setup, then savour it till you wanna show off.

Once again, it all comes down to your playstyle.

I think it's a waste not using his EX-attacks because they increase Jin's "raw power and efficience" a lot. But it's boring. D=

So you become somehow addicted and go out of heat even when you savoured it for two arrows or astral just because of reflex 623D once or twice. I wonder if I really need to try and fix that...

i haven't used astral in like a month....touga hyoujin is anti hazama, sword and laser spammer, and hiyoku is only for round ending corner rape which doesn't happen that often.

yukikaze is damn useless without 100 meter, mainly because you can always do more damage with hiyoku, and you dont have to worry about lows then.

even with 100 meter yukikaze RC combo is mainly for style, and the other 50 would have gone to better use if it isnt a combo ender

IMO, Yukikaze is useless against everything except getting out of the corner against Litchi and Arakune. Maybe Carl. Excluding trolling of course.

Was Yukikaze any different in the BBCS2 loke tests?

yukikaze comes out faster was noted on @wiki which most likely refers to the 2nd hit and the hitbox got bigger....not sure whether theyre talking about the counter or actual attack itself

dont yukikaze arakune when you're cursed cuz you'll probably catch a bug and he can just double jump out

no, yukikaze in unpunishable on whiff, si its a better alternative than c dp or d dp

hiyoku would still be beter, but yukikaze is guaranteed escape

edit: guaranteed escape, but you're still going to get pressured as soon as you recover so its still bad

IMO Yukikaze is hard to pull. It either doesn't come out(my fault I guess...) or it comes out too fast(I guess my fault as well).

Yukikaze really let me down when I found out it was air blockable(even with Unlimited Jin)...

Truthfully I'd rather just burst or B/D dp. C dp to get out of a corner is horrible unless they are really close and too absorbed into their own pressure game.

Yukikaze really let me down when I found out it was air blockable(even with Unlimited Jin)...

it's totally unblockable.

Truthfully I'd rather just burst or B/D dp. C dp to get out of a corner is horrible unless they are really close and too absorbed into their own pressure game.

B dp is even worse since there's startup without invincibility. practically the same thing as mashing a

even if arakune does avoid a yukikaze, you have to remember you're totally invulnerable until the end and arakune is losing curse meter the entire time. i think it's somewhat useful. yukikaze is also active on frame 1 so it can catch things that things like 623D and 623C would miss (since they recover in time to block). granted taht still doesn't make yukikaze very good, but it has its uses.

Against Litchi, if she sets up 13 orphans when you're knocked down, you can neutral tech, yukikaze to get out of the mixup (though you probably won't hit litchi at all). Similarily, if carl does the same thing with gear super, you can do this too. In both of these situations, a normal dragon punch might hit the opponent, but you will get hit the the opponent's super afterwards.

also, iirc unlimited hakumen's yukikaze comes out even if he doesn't counter anything but becomes blockable. i would imagine the same being for unlimited jin's yukikaze.

successful yukikaze as a whole takes up about 2~3 seconds max, so i wouldnt waste 50 meter for all of that... especially when it can get hit out by lows and just have pressure reset by the time invul frames run out

but then again, since it's 1 frame start up it's guaranteed escape out of corner if there are bugs on screen, even if they know you're going to do it

but gotta remember that curse meter drops slower when arakune actually eats hits so if you catch one of his highs then you wouldn't really being doing much good with it

its more of a get out of corner than anything, because curse pressure in corner is nearly impossible to see through compared to mid-screen, mainly due to bugs blocking kune's sprite

curse pressure in corner isn't actually that scary, midscreen gets scary because he gets new crossup tricks

He still has crossup tricks in the corner...T_T

Actually, it's scarier in the corner because it makes you think you can't get crossup...

crossup in the corner sometimes can happen, it's weird but it's not impossible

ex: you do 2A or something that moves you a bit forward and your enemy airdashed in...

one time it make me missed my DP D input and it becomes 2D with jin too, *facepalm