Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

magz

About Faust 2K

In case anybody still reads these forums, I've got a question. A friend of mine insists that Faust's 2K has gaps in between the active frames of each of the hits on 2K. Now, according to the frame data, there is no such gap. From what I've seen, generally, gaps between active frames are listed as (X) with X being the number of frames of gap. tl;dr: is there any gap between the active frames of the 3 hits in Faust's 2K? Thanks

simple test. go to training mode. set dummy's blocking to "First". If the dummy gets hit, there is a gap, otherwise not. You can even go the extra mile and set the dummy to instant guard

simple test. go to training mode. set dummy's blocking to "First". If the dummy gets hit, there is a gap, otherwise not. You can even go the extra mile and set the dummy to instant guard

Er... technically that wouldn't test what he's saying.

Since he probably means actual gaps between active frames, and to make the dummy not block, there'd have to be ENOUGH of a gap that they're not still in blockstun.

outside of blocking, what do gaps matter? and if that is what he's talking about, then well good luck testing that anyways, I just went in to training mode and the dummy can't seem to not block it correctly, so I did it myself. Blocked the first hit of Faust's 2K, then set the stick to 2, and absolute block still blocked the rest for me. Then I went and did the same thing, but slashbacked the 2nd hit, and absolute block still blocked the third hit for me. But if you slashback the first hit, the blockstun doesn't last long enough to absolute block the 2nd hit for you. So this would imply that there is a +1 frame of whatever the blockstun is on slashback between the 1st and 2nd hit. and if there is a gap between the 2nd and 3rd hit, then it must be less then whatever the blockstun is on slashback