Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JackG

[CS1] Hakumen Information Thread

Question, for those who have played or have a good enough eye, does it seem as if 5a has a longer horizontal hitbox ala slayer? Reason i ask is i see it being used more predominately as a positional anti-air than in ct. While im sure the 6a change attributes to that, i was curious if the hitbox was changed at all. Thanks.

i might get a hurtin for askin but wat the hell. Did they fix his backdash?

wut do u mean by fix?

if ur talking about it having invincibility it still has none:sad: (nor does it have invisibility.......)

^ Indeed, Haku has one of the most visible backdashes. Didn't you mean "invincibility"? :P So last night I found out Montreal might have a solid BB scene forming, which is awesome. Offline is too good. I was IB'ing stuff easier than I usually do online, though my first time using stick has left me unimpressed. I'll be sticking to my pad's analog stick for a while now. Besides that, crowds really do mess with your head. I was dropping stuff left and right all night. Now, about IB - and to make it formal - when blocking, you set the stick back to neutral before going back to 1/3, correct? That's what I'm doing, but I was wondering if it wasn't necessary and you could just go half-way back to neutral, then back into 1/3.

wut do u mean by fix?

if ur talking about it having invincibility it still has none:sad: (nor does it have invisibility.......)

Posted Image

Does it not have throw invinciblity? I always felt it did, ryoko?

Now, about IB - and to make it formal - when blocking, you set the stick back to neutral before going back to 1/3, correct? That's what I'm doing, but I was wondering if it wasn't necessary and you could just go half-way back to neutral, then back into 1/3.

Sticks don't work like that. Neither does the analogue stick for fighting games. When you push left, it's either all the way left or it's neutral. There's no middle ground.

wut do u mean by fix?

Damn o well IB is gonna hav to run the cut.I need some serious practice tho its like i can IB almost all attacks like 75% of the time the other 25% i start too early and end up backdashing and losing most of my health to enemy combo strings.Thanx for the info tho just need more practice but i dont kno where i'm gonna get it some low life @$$hole broke into my home and stole all ma stuff so no ps3 and nomore blazblue for now.(sob...sob) sigh...........

Hey, I am new here on dustloop; nice to meet ya all. I dont know if this was mentioned before but Hakumen's astral in CS can block grabs, other astrals and command grabs... I was able to astral counter jin's astral heat as well as tager command 360 grab (did not test 720) as well as regular grabs from many characters.

So what's the deal with Zantetsu with the damage nerf? Still worth doing for 3 stars? Seems like there are a lot of better options now.

First hit has slightly higher dmg, second hit has moderately lower dmg. Total dmg may look lower by a fair amount, but in reality the actual dmg dealt is not off by too much. As for if it's still useful, sure, it's still a combo tool. Most of the new/better options don't overlap with the situations where you would use zantetsu anyways.

So what are these unique Zantetsu situations anyways? Seems like the only times I ever use it is right after a renka, and it looks like an enma followup with the new j.C finisher gives better positioning at the end than doing renka > zantetsu.

renka>zantetsu is only worthwhile in the corner. And you still have the high/low zantetsu meaty (albeit the low option now does much less damage due to readjusted dmg). Just an FYI, I rarely use zantetsu anyways as I find it lacking when compared to other moves, and it's basically guaranteed that there are more efficient combo options in the corner now. Taking the combo aspect out, the only uses left for zantetsu are gimmick mixup, or crap overhead. Although I'd think renka(1)>zantetsu is still the highest dmg output for 5 magatamas use. The zantetsu combo option may have better options itself though due to the change in tech time calculation. Most importantly would obviously be if you can secure a knockdown from that combo. For now, the only thing that zantetsu really has going for it is that the increased dmg on the first hit helps the mugen combo's dmg output, but that's not really going to be taken into consideration. Hakumen in CS should be maintaining meter with 3k dmg options, going for bursts of dmg ranging from 4-5k with 4 magatamas or so, while trying to secure 6k+ off specific situations (hotaru, shippu in the corner, blow all meter for the kill, etc). I'd say zantetsu has a likelihood of following into the second category, depending on what I said above.

The new damage distribution would allow for more damage with mugen combos, since it mugen combos only use the first hit of zantetsu because the second hit allows for recovery in mugen. Also it allows for an enma gimmick mix up since most of the damage is in the first hit because if the first hit is blocked the second hit does minimal damage. And if you have 4 magatama you could go for an enma into a possible green grab, but to me that's a gimmick. I mainly use zantetsu in corner counters, what ryoko said is right, it also can be useful online due to lag =/

could someone with regular access to cs tell me if anything on enma has changed from ct? because when i do 5C -> enma -> dustloop using ct timing, they tech out before j.2C, which would lead me to believe the untech time was decreased. but then i tried to alter it and get the j.2C out early, and the 2C whiffs.

Can someone make a Hakumen CS combo thread? X:

I agree.

could someone with regular access to cs tell me if anything on enma has changed from ct?

because when i do 5C -> enma -> dustloop using ct timing, they tech out before j.2C, which would lead me to believe the untech time was decreased. but then i tried to alter it and get the j.2C out early, and the 2C whiffs.

I'm having the same problem. I think you just have to do j.2C a split second earlier than you would in CT. Just from visuals it feels like enma is the same to me.