Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JackG

[CS1] Hakumen Information Thread

Also I was watching a video of Shadow VS Gorou, and he landed Gurren like 10 times but never combo'd it into 623AA. Can you not do that anymore or something?

Damn, sounds like an awesome combo. 6C > Shippu fits a niche for me though, like tagging people as they try to run in at the very tip then sending them hurling back to the other side of the screen for 5k+, or for a whiffed DP punish of some sort. For those it's harder to be close enough to land Renka... unless it's range is way farther than I thought.

The thing is that in CT, it was already kinda inefficient, but with what Hakumen had to work with - You took your damage how you could get it. Now with the changes to his meter gain, it's hard to justify wasting the meter on it.

Also I was watching a video of Shadow VS Gorou, and he landed Gurren like 10 times but never combo'd it into 623AA. Can you not do that anymore or something?

you can do it; what video was that?

Oh I was wrong, he was fighting Minori.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E37MikfmWMs

Hmm, now that I watch it again, he was probably just surprised that it actually hit. I see him do a Gurren that gets blocked into 623AA, so it looks like that time he was expecting it to hit, but it didn't.

Possibly a daft question, but how do Hakumen's Drive moves react to unblockable moves? As far as i can see, the barrier attempts a block and then throws a grap if you do block (Explaining why using drives against tager still gets you magnetised). By that Logic, Unblockable moves like Tsubaki's 22[D] will not be countered. Which is an arse due to hakumen's terrible backdash.

Just hotaru through. If you notice it fairly quickly and think he is going to follow through, then dash hotaru for counter. If you notice it late, then tk hotaru and recover into whatever quick punish you want to do.

Are you sure you can kishuu under the unblockable at close range? The hitbox display shows otherwise. I asked about this awhile back but never got an answer.

I'm not asking what do I do against, it, I'm asking Does Zanshin work?

You can 623A under it, but not on frame 1 it's a couple frames in. If you look at the hitbox data his hitbox shrinks some more after he starts it. So it's just like 623Aing under Jin's ice or spark bolt where can go under it, but you have to do it early.

Also you can hit them with 3C, but I think 22[D] has more range than 3C so you can't always do it.

Spark you are a hella good hakumen from what i saw yesterday

but something i forgot to ask you is that has ur execution becoming basically perfect from grinding the combos at home (i think that other bbcs set up was yours?)

or from playing other people frequently and still being able to perform the combos and why?

Training mode from CT console helped the most with learning the main j.C > 2C > sj > j.2C combo. Although I did spend a week doing nothing, but the practicing the new combos when CS first came out.

So are you saying it's time to get fancy? xD

Also, with all the oki overhead people have been throwing, what would be a good 6D combo? Lastly have any of you experimented with any combos that give meter back inside of them.

Oh, if your opponent stays still long enough, would 6B burst bait be viable.

I don't know how many people have noticed, but you can link 5A after standing 6C normal hit and 2A after crouching 6C normal hit. However it seems that even on CH, at least for level 1 6C you don't actually get more hitstun. So Lvl 1 6C CH doesn't link into anything other than 5A or 2A depending on whether they're standing or not. So this means that you have to be very close to combo off 6C when using it as a punish.

Nooo... does that mean all the 6c CH combo I developed in CT are now worthless? Goddamn it, Arc. :(

Well, at least we can still combo after it, but it's just not the same now. Guess I'll have to find something else to spam.

hey i have a question about hit confirming with 2a

whenever i m using 2a as either a poke or i m linking them together for sort of pressure and i finally get a hit i have a really tough time trying to quickly inputing 214 b.

any advice?

That's...really just a problem of your hands, because that's one of the easiest inputs.

I'm guessing your hands are just not suited for moving that way, so either practice the movement a lot (image training, etc.) or just try something else.

Also, it matters if you're using a stick or a pad.

Nooo... does that mean all the 6c CH combo I developed in CT are now worthless? Goddamn it, Arc. :(

Well, at least we can still combo after it, but it's just not the same now. Guess I'll have to find something else to spam.

Well, I wouldn't use 6C as punish at any rate in CS. Instead, spam 4C or J.C! can't really punish after the, though, and they prorate like crazy.

hey i have a question about hit confirming with 2a

whenever i m using 2a as either a poke or i m linking them together for sort of pressure and i finally get a hit i have a really tough time trying to quickly inputing 214 b.

any advice?

Best advice I could give you is to always roll the 214 when you do a 2a (or 5a). You're hit confirming the b press not the 214 motion. Other than that practice and anticipation.

So, question for all you Haku players who've been playing CS so far. (Spark, etc.)

How does Haku hold up compared to his CT version? Is he still gimped at neutral? Does his removal of 6A and addition of j.C give him more freedom in a match, or pigeonhole him more?

From my Day 1 impressions, it seems like you're forced to just j.C zone, whereas before you could not worry about your positioning for anti-air since you'd just 6A them wherever you were and go about on your way.

without 6a, you have to do a lot more thinking, but it also means you can go both ground or air, so I actually like it better because it's more fun than just [see IAD]->6a->c->etc. It's not that big of a deal either since you still have other options, just not broken ones.

j.c is fun, and it's really up to you if you want to spam it the whole match or not, because I can see it as really annoying, but it's also actually really useful. The way I see it, Hakumen was not very good at getting himself into good situations, now j.c just makes sure that when things don't look like they're going his way, he doesn't have to deal with it. Other times, you just go all out with whatever you have. You aren't forced it j.c spam, but you certainly can do it with little risk, as long as you're aware of what you should do when you hit ground.

I like CS Hakumen, it's more fun.

New J.C adds so many things to his game. As a combo component, it pushes opponents towards the corner with impunity. It allows for corner combos the end in knockdowns to allow for a favorable position after scoring damage.

It lets hakumen zone people out with a poke for once. Great for creating distance and reminding your opponent to respect hakumen's personal space.

True, he lost his reliable anti-air, but new 6A gives him some semblance of a blockstring that can lead to mixups. Overall, he lost a few things, gained a whole lot more to not only compensate, but justify the minor nerfs.

Its been a while and im a bit confused on something. it says that hakumen has lvls 1-4 on his 6C but i always thought he just had 2 or im thinking of holding and not holding 6C but can someone explain to me of what these levels are and how do i use all of them? much appreciated.