Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Iron Tager Complete Guide

According to the announcer, collider's head invincibility wears off once the hit comes out. Just an FYI.

You mean when the hit first could come out? That would be consistent with 360A and 720C. If held, I'd assume Collider's head invincibility would wear off as soon as you passed the earliest possible hit.

You mean when the hit first could come out? That would be consistent with 360A and 720C. If held, I'd assume Collider's head invincibility would wear off as soon as you passed the earliest possible hit.

so would it mean it beats IAD BS?

psychic coliders can beat IAD's i mean.

Yes. Basically it fuctions as an AA, but it doesn't make your magnet air tech trap invincible.

At about 5:16 of this video, Tager attempts a 360+A after instant blocking Rachel's 3C, but she hits him out of it (you can hear the whooshing). It seems like Tager is still vulnerable for the first few frames like in Calamity Trigger, unlike what we originally thought. Unless this is old news. Maybe Tager tried a 360+B for all I know, but I imagine it was an A-Buster.

Edit: Tager players in Japan are finally exploring the potential of Gadget Finger, and they're violating people with it.

At about 5:16 of this video, Tager attempts a 360+A after instant blocking Rachel's 3C, but she hits him out of it (you can hear the whooshing). It seems like Tager is still vulnerable for the first few frames like in Calamity Trigger, unlike what we originally thought. Unless this is old news. Maybe Tager tried a 360+B for all I know, but I imagine it was an A-Buster.

Yeah, this is confirmed over in Spirit Juice's thread in BB:General.
Not a reliable reversal. We tested this by knocking down Tager, having him neutral tech, and then Ragna doing meaty 5B. Ragna's 5B beat it every time.
Sad, but understandable. However, he also said that (so far as he can tell) Atomic Collider works as a true anti-air reversal. Head invincible from frame 1. Combined with the fact that it's unblockable and has a Gigantic Tager Hitbox, people might actually be afraid to jump in at Tager now... at least until they figure out which of their air moves have Body attribute.

OK, I finally got around to starting on this guide, so check out the first post and let me know what is good and what isn't. BTW, does anyone have Tager's new artwork handy? I wanna change the banner.

OK, I finally got around to starting on this guide, so check out the first post and let me know what is good and what isn't.

- Is King of Tager 1080D? Someone said two circles and D, which would be 720D.

- Gadget Finger isn't mentioned in Special Moves Overview.

- Those are still the CT combos, aren't they? I don't see a single Gadget Finger, and it seems like it's generally possible to followup Atomic Colliders with a lot more, now. Their untechable time doesn't seem to drop as much in longer combos.

- Is King of Tager 1080D? Someone said two circles and D, which would be 720D.

- Gadget Finger isn't mentioned in Special Moves Overview.

- Those are still the CT combos, aren't they? I don't see a single Gadget Finger, and it seems like it's generally possible to followup Atomic Colliders with a lot more, now. Their untechable time doesn't seem to drop as much in longer combos.

On the Astral, I've heard both, but 1080D was the most recent I've heard, so I'll stick with it until someone proves it either way.

Everything else is on its way.

EDIT: OK, how's that? Sorry it's so lackluster, I'm really busy these days. :gonk:

In this video, Tager play is generally somewhat lackluster, but a pretty good combo showed up off of 5A:

5A 5B 3C, 2B 2C xx 623C

Only 1500ish damage, but that's not bad for starting from a jab, given Tager's terrible CS combo rate. Was performed against Tager, but looks fairly general. Would require testing. Also, it could probably be followed up with either 2D or j.C (whiff), lowest j.2C xx 22D for magnetism etc.

Also, was it always possible to 2B 2C xx 623C after 360A in the corner?

It was not, you can always tech out after the 2B (which makes it useful to tech trap into collider), but it certainly didn't combo.

Cool, because at about 4:20 in that video, he does 360A, 2B 2C xx 623C against a cornered Tsubaki and the combo counter stays red. She dies from the 2C so it could be techable between the 2C and the Collider, but I doubt it.

It appears that Collider, throw, and the 360s have many fewer proration points in CS, which means a lot of things that were techable before aren't now. Good to know about the 360s!

It looks like Jan discovered a new mix-up option after 360+A, might be character specific. At 2:34 he does 360+A, 5B, 4D. The Ragna player neutral teched and Jan pulled him in with Atomic Collider, but didn't follow up with anything. Maybe if you time it properly or hold it for longer, Ragna will pop up beside you for a mix-up.

Either way, it's guaranteed magnetism after a 360+A and a way to throw your opponent a curveball.

360+A, 5B, 4D

Only works on those chars you can 5B, and it looks like the 4D only hit because Ragna was already magnetized. :^(

it might be interesting for use in the corner. 360A>5B>4D>236A>5A wonder if that would work, omitting the 236A and doing 5A, if that works then hello colider tech trap.

It would be pretty situational, since it only works on some characters and only when magnetized, but if the situation arises, then that could be a potentially good tech trap. If they aren't magnetized, it's probably best to stick with 360A>3C.

It would be pretty situational, since it only works on some characters and only when magnetized, but if the situation arises, then that could be a potentially good tech trap. If they aren't magnetized, it's probably best to stick with 360A>3C.

who knows we may find out something better soon.

Does anyone know what you can do off of a collider after a 360 grab, in CS?

So I finally got to play today.

Rachel sucks and Litchi and Bang are amazing.

[Elbow Gadget = j.C, falling latest possible elbow, Gadget]

vs Rachel, there is no reason to ever do a 360B. Why? Off 360B, 5C->6A xx AC won't combo. Off 360A, you can actually do 5C->6A xx AC, and still follow up! (Elbow Gadget or whatever.) Or if magnetized, 5C->6A xx AC, whiff AC 6B->2C xx AC, Spark etc...or 5C->6A xx AC, whiff AC, 6B xx Spinny+Terra Break, Gadget. Wooooowwwww....not like Rachel's any threat anymore, but it's pretty awesome anyway.

- In general, Gadget after Terra Break is pretty nice.

- 2C->4D is possible for a decently safe string that takes a guard primer and combos on hit!

- Since instant block won't defend against air-unblockable moves anymore, 2C xx AC as antiair is guaranteed! Either they get hit by the 2C, or they barrier it and get unblockable'd.

- For those of you who can't or don't want to do Elbow Gadget, but need magnetism...you can just do AC, BSledge, 4D. In certain situations it actually does more damage, too. Off a regular throw combo, Elbow Gadget hurts more, but otherwise it seems like the 4D combo does more dmg.

- If they are magnetized, instead of Elbow Gadget you can do AC, whiff AC, jump elbow as soon as you can, Gadget. I find this a ton easier.

- AC, whiff AC, 6B xx Spinny is amazing because, since AC is a throw, they can't burst until they get hit by the 6B! I think this is the new burst bait combo. Also, since all Distortions have a minimum amount of damage they will do, something like AC, whiff AC, 6B->2C xx AC, whiff AC, 6B xx Spinny+Terra Break, Gadget is actually pretty decent damage...and still sets up a mixup.

- Gadget cancels are pretty neato. AC, Sledge, Spark, 5C xx Gadget whiff, 5C etc. Or with magnetism, combo to AC, whiff AC, 6B->2C xx Gadget whiff, Astral as a tech trap. Hee hee. I couldn't get AC, whiff AC, 6B xx Gadget whiff, 5C to actually combo. It probably does, and I'm just slow...?

- Gadget RC can be used to hit people in the air; we knew that. However, if you time the next hit juuuust right, you can hit them standing! Gadget RC 5D (stagger stun) xx Spark, etc; Gadget RC 6A, 360B; Gadget RC 5D xx Cross Your Heart for a better (?) mixup than just Gadget by itself.

- I couldn't get an AC after Gadget RC, nor could I get a Spinny to combo. :^(

- AC into corner, 6C->5D xx Gadget whiff, walk forward is a hella scary thing to do.

I'm not a big fan of Gadget mixups, I prefer the other ones. Gadget is hella predictable, and I've already had people (Litchi for example) get out of everything.

Juicy text

Very nice info! Thanks Mike.

Yes Gadget Finger seems a bit tricky to use, especially against certain characters. I've seen a bunch of Tager players simply use it to only magnetize their opponents.

But after some experimentation I'm sure we'll find some very nice uses for it.

So I finally got to play today.

Rachel sucks and Litchi and Bang are amazing.

Maybe we should mention when we both threw 720's at each other and nothing happened.:psyduck: