Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Iron Tager Complete Guide

I found it hard to backdash with Tager when I played CS last night. It was stricter I mean. Hopefully it's just me. NeoRussell

How to get magnetism after un-magnetized 360A, from easy to hard: 22D: Tager, Bang 5B->4D: Ragna Walk a few frames, 5B->4D: Litchi, Lambda, Jin, Bang (but use 22D instead) 262D: Noel (easy), Haku (HARD!), Ragna (but use 5B->4D instead) Walk the most you can, 5B xx Spark: Carl Not possible, use 3C: Hazama, Tsubaki, Arakune, Taokaka On anyone you can 5B, you can do 5B xx Spark, 2C xx AC, 5D for 3796 and lots of magnetism.

236A doesn't come out fast enough to combo after a 360A, period. Also: 360B, Sledge, Gadget doesn't work on Arakune at all. :^( You have to do just a Gadget, and not only that you have to do it immediately or it'll whiff.

yo mike, i was havin problems landing collider 236B 22d. is there a specific trick to hit? i was holding it and trying it at different times but nothin came out. just stuck with whiff jC -> j2c 22d instead :[

yo mike, i was havin problems landing collider 236B 22d. is there a specific trick to hit? i was holding it and trying it at different times but nothin came out. just stuck with whiff jC -> j2c 22d instead :[

Did you mean 236A? I dont' think that 236B could combo after 360B. I could be wrong though.

BSledge, Gadget doesn't work on Arakune, and depends on spacing vs. Carl. Otherwise you shouldn't be having any problems, just hold the Gadget. Maybe walk fwd a little before doing the BSledge?

BSledge, Gadget doesn't work on Arakune, and depends on spacing vs. Carl. Otherwise you shouldn't be having any problems, just hold the Gadget. Maybe walk fwd a little before doing the BSledge?

yeah i tried the holding and it didnt work, do i have to do anything right away or delay it? i was primarily playing against jin litchi ragna and tao so i dont think the character really factored into it. didnt really make a difference though since the other method was working fine.

also tip to new tager players, you'll go on winstreaks if you listen to http://vimeo.com/7652564 on repeat, the second i turned it off to save battery for the trip home, i stopped going on my 24 winstreak :(

(O.o) So, Tager now has both 5B->2B and 2B->5B. Why is this the most exciting news since ever? They're all low hits! You can do 5A->5B->2B->5B->3C and any attempt at anything that's not a low block gets stuffed. Also, none of them are JCable so you can do 5B->2B->5B->whiff 2B, 720. Which you can then bait a jump with every single time since they are still...all low hits! Since you can chain them even on whiff, you can do 5A->5B->2B->5B->whiff 2B->5B (hits again) etc.

Personally I'm pretty excited about j.b > j.a chaining, especially since watching galileos vids....one time he gets that j.a tic throw 3 times in 1 round against a ragna. :S

(O.o)

So, Tager now has both 5B->2B and 2B->5B. Why is this the most exciting news since ever? They're all low hits! You can do 5A->5B->2B->5B->3C and any attempt at anything that's not a low block gets stuffed. Also, none of them are JCable so you can do 5B->2B->5B->whiff 2B, 720. Which you can then bait a jump with every single time since they are still...all low hits!

Since you can chain them even on whiff, you can do 5A->5B->2B->5B->whiff 2B->5B (hits again) etc.

OMG I think I just came!!!

So it sounds like Tager might have an actual mixup now. Now if 6B is discovered to be an effective overhead...

Who needs overheads? We can throw crouching block now the people finally have a reason to do it!

Hrmm...

Well is there a difference between throwing someone who is crouch-blocking and someone who is standing-blocking?

No, but it is faster and more damaging than an overhead.

Edit: the point is you can't be trying to jump out of a throw and blocking low at the same time.

I shamelessly stole this mid-screen 2C Fatal Counter combo from Galileo, and I'm here to share it with you:

2C, 5C, 6A xx Atomic Collider, walk forward a bit (very lenient, you can take a full step), B-Sledge, 5B, 5C, 6A xx Atomic Collider, B-Gadget.

For 3.9K. :yaaay: I think it might scale less if you take out the first 6A, but I'm not sure. It's more damaging than the combo I've seen Mike Z use in his Arcade Infinity videos, and it's easier to do than the one Maho discovered. For Maho's combo, you have to walk forward a few pixels after the Atomic Collider, and the timing is very strict. I will gladly trade less damage for a more consistent success rate. I'll max out my damage for console release when I can practice at home.

dude when i saw that combo i was wondering if you can use 6B instead of 5B or maybe 2B>2C its still pretty damn sweet though.