Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Iron Tager Complete Guide

just hold gadget finger....and for some people u need to use EGadget, ie arakune i think hes only one

i dont know if this has been talked about, but anyone try whiff gadget to 720 setup? I got it atleast once last time when i was at the break, and the kid looked like :psyduck:

Anyone else been doing this or is it just my lazy ass tech trap so far?

Think it worked because he was already magnetized but he was outside of range of the gadget. than i just slammed circles hard as hell on the stick and it worked out.

hmm i was looking at the guides but it didn't show all the moves that breaks primer. can someone post all the moves that breaks primer. i see that 6C, j.2C, sledge follow-up, MTW, and terra break breaks primer. does 2C and 6B break primer too? must know!

most lawlz combo 6B,6B, 6C, optional sparkbolt thats 3-4 primers right there lol and its all over heads, and if anyone of them connect, u can combo into collider

I took a looksie at tager's CS frame chart and here's the few things i nutted myself on.

5A +2 on block.

5D +2 on block.

4D 0F on block.

2C 11~14F head invul.

360B 6F grab.

atomic colider 7~16F head invul.

well thats if i'm looking at it right...

here's a link to it:

http://www.j1n.org/veteru/blazblue/quashkanye/IMG098-Tager.jpg

special thanks to veteru for getting this...can't wait until its translated so i can actually read all the goodies.

Thanks for the link, I think it also says the magnetism times at the bottom, all of them are 6 seconds except for 4D which is only 4.

2B is +5 on block.....I know that made my day. :S Also, I'm not quite sure how to read it, can anyone help in finding what's the frame data for 4D on -hit-? It seems pretty solid for mixing up from but I'm wondering just how solid.

Hit stun is determined by the attack level. 4D is a level 4 attack.

Also, 2B was +5 in CT =/.

Other changes worth noting:

- 5A buffed to a Level 1 attack (before it was Level 0)

- 5C has only 1 frame faster start-up from CT (That 1 frame really makes a difference!). Recovers 2 frames faster so it's now -3 on block

- 5D recovers 15 (!!!) frames faster

- 5B, 2B, 2C, j.A buffed so that they now have 100% starting proration

100% starting proration off a low? This is really good to know! Especially since Tager has a 40% combo rate now. After looking at the data, it seems the combo rate is the main reason Tager's damage is somewhat lower in this game when compared to CT. Edit: Actually, why doesn't Tager's 3C have 100% proration :psyduck: everyone else's 3C does.

The fact that j.A is 100% starting proration is neat too. Since you can reverse beat Tager's air attacks now, you can cancel a blocked j.B into j.A and sometimes it'll hit the opponent fuzzy since they were trying to block a low after the j.B, and then you can go into a combo right after with 100% starting proration.

The amount of head invinc. on 2c is smaller than I thought it would be though. Edit: Collider is a lot longer than I thought it would be as well. 2C still feels a lot more reliable though.

Apparently Aerial CH J.D is an amazing combo starter if you can score it.

Meterless Combo

J.D Aerial CH > 6A > AC > AC whiff > 6C > j.2C > 2B > 2C > AC - 4008 dmg

source: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9962851 5:18.

I was kind of caught by surprise seeing AC whiff > 6C work outside of a fatal counter combo. Turns out it works when AC is the start of a combo vs a magnetized opponent too. You'll get 3258 dmg in that case and you can end with BGadget. This combo does not end with magnetism though and ends in poor Oki. Assuming it ended where it ended in the match.

100% Meter Combo... with spark bolt late into combo

J.D Aerial CH > AC > AC whiff > MTW > Terra Break > 5C > Spark Bolt > 2C > AC - 7030 dmg

source: http://www14.atwiki.jp/teigar/pages/70.html

Requires you not to be stuck in the corner (if you were in the corner you'd just do 6C > MTW anyway). But... 5C after Terra Break seems pretty new. Plus this does a lot of damage before a burst is possible and before firing a spark bolt. So if you don't want to spend spark, or expect a burst. you can just end at 5C (or do gadget finger or any other post terra break setups you like such as 2B). Even better, do 5C > spark charge to go through a potential burst. Spark would be good for when you absolutely need a last hit and they can't burst.

These combos are basically, great round finishers for opponents with no burst. 2C vs an already magnetized opponent can also be a start for the 2nd combo.

Also anytime you can do AC > AC whiff> MTW you can do the 5C etc combo after. It's basically anytime you hit someone with MTW while they are on the ground or after spark bolt. But there's no real reason after spark bolt is spent at the combo's start

Skimmed the thread to see if this was posted, didn't see it.

CH 4D, 6A xx AC works everywhere where they bounce far, even if you are cornered, and you can add a 2C before the AC usually. If they are cornered it won't work, but then you can just do CH 4D, 5C etc.

So I guess if this works, would you be able to do (Theroy Fighting a bit here) ch.4D->6A->2c>MTW+followup->2B->2C->AC ?

{edit} or (with full meter) ch.4D->6A->2C->AC(RC before they hit hand)-> 360B\720 reset

ch.4D->6A->2c>MTW+followup->2B->2C->AC ?

{edit} or (with full meter) ch.4D->6A->2C->AC(RC before they hit hand)-> 360B\720 reset

You've...played Tager before, right? I mean you spent all that time making your avatar...

Well anyway, 6A->2C xx MTW won't work because they'll be much too high, just like any other time you hit them out of the air; and you can't RC a whiff. However, you could do 6A->2C xx ACx2, MTW; and you can just let the AC whiff and do the usual reset if they tech, yes.

woot I looked at that video with akira again.

FC 2C>j.2C>2B>2C>623C>j.C wiff J.2C>2B>236A>5C>6C>623C>j.C wiff J.2C>22D

4297 damage siiick.

wonder whats stronger than this on carl.

A bit of Tager philosophy:

My rounds almost always end with a super. Not only that, but most of them end with me overkilling the opponent by quite a bit - in other words, I hit with something that does 2500 dmg when they only have 500 health left, so it still would have finished them if they had more life. Therefore, I am usually willing to sacrifice a small bit of dmg (300-400) on a combo in the middle of the round to get extra meter.

With this in mind, lately my favorite FC combo is:

CH 2C, j.2C, 2B xx ASledge, 5C->6C jc j.2C, 5B->5C->6A xx AC, BSledge, 3C. It only does 3600 dmg, but it gives 52 (!) meter, doesn't require magnetism, works on everyone anywhere, even Carl, and forces a bounce-tech at the end or else you can Gadget them before they can roll. Heh. Of course if you are in the corner when you 2C, you want to do the more damaging variant, but this gives quite a bit more meter than any other midstage FC combo, and gets you a tech trap at the end.

lol 52 meter thats lawlz.....but imo if u actually ever manage to land a CH 2C...i like to use it to dish out as much dmg as i can lol

ps: Carl's hitbox is actually bigger now so saying something works on carl doesnt really matter anymore...imo the stupidest hitbox is arakune gah i hate it when its lying down

woot I looked at that video with akira again.

FC 2C>j.2C>2B>2C>623C>j.C wiff J.2C>2B>236A>5C>6C>623C>j.C wiff J.2C>22D

4297 damage siiick.

wonder whats stronger than this on carl.

I watched the video and that was one pretty awesome combo. It gave a hefty amount of meter, about 50~ish although you couldn't tell exactly because he hit 100 heat before the combo was over. I tried to practice this combo but no matter what I did, I couldn't land it. After the j.C whiff, J.2C, the enemy was too far away for 2B to hit. Am I doing something wrong? Or is it a Carl specific combo? (I was practicing on a Bang player)

mike Z 3600 damage for 52 meter is best thing one can do to win quickly, once again you give us new combo's for us to use to end it quickly.

I'm pretty sure you can walk a step or 2 before jumping or bangs hit box is dumber than carls.

Akira's FC combo is listed wrong:

CH 2C, j.2C, 2B->2C xx AC, step fwd elbow, 2B->ASledge, 5C->6A xx AC, EGadget.

It gives 53 meter, and doesn't work on (at least) Hakumen. (^.^)

I don't understand a single symbol of Japanese, however I've pretty much worked out what each coloum means in this table:

Name

Cancelling (Self cancel, revolver action, Rapid, Jump)

Base damage

Starting proration

Combo proration

Acceptable blocking methods (High, low, Air, Air barrier)

Attack level

Hitbox attributes (Air, Head, Body, Foot or the range of the throws (?))

Startup Frames (variable frames are listed for Tager's charge moves like 360A)

Active Frames

Recovery Frames

Frame advantage on block

Counterhit hitstun

Untechable time

Notes (Invulnerable time, guard breaker propeties, Magnetism length, Magnetism active frames etc etc..)

At the bottom of the image there are two more tables. The first describes the magnetism time for the D moves (They're all 6 seconds except for 4D which is 4) and then a table for all of the moves which attract a magnetised opponent. I might get around to tabulating all of this if I get bored. I can only really guess at what the notes say based on the numbers that appear.

Interesting to see that 360A actually only has one active frame when you let go of the button.

I've attached a preliminary translation of the frae data, I'll add in all the notes when i have more time.

post-317-139515160528_thumb.jpg

Can I get a little help here? On closer reading, I have no idea what the CH part of the table actually means.