Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jourdal

[CS1] Jin Kisaragi Video & Discussion Thread

I can imagine you could 3C or 6A as well to fully exploit the cross-up gimmick, but complete the combo once and a while to keep people on their toes :p

@Wing: Your post and signature are in perfect harmony there lol.

Pretty much given up on playing online as it just makes you a bad player to get used to input delays and such.

The closest cabinet to me is at the Break in NJ... :(

Not driving 2+ hours for regular bbcs play haha.

Pretty much given up on playing online as it just makes you a bad player to get used to input delays and such.

yeah.... I used to do sekka>6C combos easy but after a lot of lag I can't hit it as consistently.

lol i just noticed that too. have to agree with the online thing, if only the net was like ct then it would be playable again. not enjoying online in cs too much

secret art of mastering jin online: throw counters....stick them in corner whenever possible with backthrow>combo, wake up throw if they mash to tech then combo into knockdown etc...best of all people online dont know how to avoid unblockables

new gameacho has some hot Jin action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwpNQd42ZRk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEue4FtAd6g (the next parts are basically a Litchi & Bang fest)

From vid: run forward, instant air back dash > j.236D looks like a good tool to bait + punish reversals. Can anyone help to test which reversal can go through it? I'm guessing magnetized magna-tech wheel, both yukikaze, daifunka, inferno divider (I really hope not), Jin's D super. fenrir, Carl's gear super, calamity sword and steel rain may possibly destroy all the 3 projectiles as well. The more wrong I am the better.

It's a poor punish. Based on previous patterns, he knew DP was coming, hence blocking and doing a Fatal combo would have been a MUCH better option.

risk vs. reward.

blocking opens up options on your opponents wakeup so its higher risk for higher reward. Throwing out a safe pattern quickly leaves you (especially Jin) at mid range where he excels.

It would be a poor punish if the opponent who's DPing has no meter to rapid. Otherwise, it would be an effective way to prevent the opponent from rapid-ing and thus be unable to get out of a punish.

you can always back dash, too. Recovery on Jin's DP is insanely long (I like it though).

lol if they wiff 623C you could taunt them, run a lap around the screen, taunt again and still have enough time to FC them.