Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jourdal

[CS1] Jin Kisaragi Video & Discussion Thread

That gaga jin is fucking fearless.

My playstyle is pussy in comparison.

5C>delay 2C bait jump, lots of corner 6C bait jump setup, freeze reset w j.236D, run up 6B to bait throw. Good stuff. If I ever play against gaga, I won't bother to jump out for sure.

I like how he uses the ice as oki, that's the freeze>JB/3C/2B is sweet. though I must say he didn't need to RC>6C, pretty sure he could've 2B>5C>6C instead.

I like how he uses the ice as oki, that's the freeze>JB/3C/2B is sweet. though I must say he didn't need to RC>6C, pretty sure he could've 2B>5C>6C instead.

He probably just did it so he'd be safe if they blocked it.

pretty sexy, the 236D air dash or land and low mix up is a classic. it's something jin's should have been doing from the start. but he was so good no one really had to use him at his full potential. now it's all coming out. to tell the truth, just go watch a ky kiske ggxxac vid to figure out how to reset and mix up and oki with jin. it's like flash backs now. O_o

That was one amazing cross up at 2:07, I wonder if that was spacing specific or could that be done mid screen.

Edit: Mid screen also. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q42X0ei9_n8#t=2m09s

the way he did it was pretty spacing specific. but I

5C > 6C > dash cancel 5C > sjc > j.C > j.D > airdash j.A over the opponent > j.236D

there's alot of set ups now. ice doesn't get in the way of perposful and intentional resets anymore.

pretty sexy, the 236D air dash or land and low mix up is a classic. it's something jin's should have been doing from the start. but he was so good no one really had to use him at his full potential. now it's all coming out. to tell the truth, just go watch a ky kiske ggxxac vid to figure out how to reset and mix up and oki with jin. it's like flash backs now. O_o

except Jin does damage, and his damage is better in the corner, where as ky's was generally lower-ish. but yeah I see the Ky shenanigens. overall it's like watching Ky's shit high/low compensated with good crossups and tick throws as well as oki pressure (in this case ice pressure). Though it's also like watching Johnny struggle with shitty starters and cancelling everything possible to avoid the overwhelming shittiness of his normals.

Well ky had oki, D stunedge frc 2B/214K/IAD slash/run, push them out of block stun, throw and ect. But jin is definitely johnny Ky: Just like hakumen is slayer johnny: litchi is Jam Briget: Nu is Dizzy testament: Mu is Vemon Dizzy: Ragna is .... Sol Sol xD

honestly that's why i'm happy to see makoto who only slightly resembles jam slayer, which is hype

Oh, stunedge frc loops and GS combos did big-ish damage. 2D vaper thrust loops and gating knockdowns seemed pretty fine. Everyone else damage just need to be tone down.

Oh, stunedge frc loops and GS combos did big-ish damage. 2D vaper thrust loops and gating knockdowns seemed pretty fine. Everyone else damage just need to be tone down.

the SE FRC ones did a lot of damage if the enemy was crouching, but GS.... just prorated too much.

anyways, I like how he did 3C>236D>air dash JB. never found a use for 3C>236D.

yea, in the game ice didn't was weird cause people didn't always breaks at the earliest point making hard to reset, but ice auto breaks, which to me only makes him seem that more dangerous.

Just a note, I tested the 3C xx 236D reset and found that it's character specific D:

3C 236 will only work on:

Jin, Rachel, Carl, Arakune, Hakumen, and Tager

Doesn't work on:

Bang, Tsubaki, Hazama, Lambda, Litchi, Tao, Noel, or Ragna

Wait, 3C > 236D doesn't work on everyone? As in, the ice sword will just fly over their bodies? That means we'll have to resort to stuff like 6C > 236D or something...

Just a note, I tested the 3C xx 236D reset and found that it's character specific D:

3C 236 will only work on:

Jin, Rachel, Carl, Arakune, Hakumen, and Tager

Doesn't work on:

Bang, Tsubaki, Hazama, Lambda, Litchi, Tao, Noel, or Ragna

it worked on Ragna for me, though I did 5B(2)>3C>236D, but you have to cancel the 3C ASAP...

@Smooshman, I did combo into 6D,6D dash 5B5C3C

I'll try the same combo with 5B3C ender for ones 5B5C3C didn't work on.

5B>3C>236D will work on any character, 5B>5C>3C>236D will not work on every character because 5c pushes them away too far for it to connect, it has been this way since CT for those that did not know.

Could you do a reset with 623D? According to the frame data it freezes them for 55, is unblockable after 50, and starts up 8 frames after releasing the button. So they recover at 55, you hit them with an unblockable at 58, and they don't even have time to jump. The damage counter is reset and more importantly so is the Freeze Count.

oh they have plenty of time to jump, or even counter attack you

if you yomi the unblockable, which is right as the ground shakes (even as the ground starts, which takes alot of yomi), they have 3 frames, no one has a 3 frame poke, if you're far enough away it can be sort of reversal safe.... all jumps are 4 frames except Arakune with 3 frames.... unless they have something with frame 1 IF's, then you should be fine.... so it's character specific. don't use on Ragna, Haku (atleast with his astral lol), and maybe Bang's with Daifunka...