Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vigilante

BattleGrounds CT present Fight Club every Friday! YouTube page is up!

Since DM has closed it's doors it's time for us as a community to find another worthy spot and I say it should be BattleGrounds in Vernon CT. I have talked to mike and he is willing to hold fight nights starting Friday Dec. 11th and every Friday after that. He has told me he is going to make flyers for these events and is making those flyers for us free of charge. Let's make BattleGrounds the next big fighting club in CT!

www.Battlegroundsonline.com

The BattleGround Game Arena

378 Kelly Road, Unit #3

Vernon, CT USA 06066

860-896-5288

First meet up December 11th-09(5pm- midnight) will stay later if enough people come.

Youtube Page

www.youtube.com/user/CTBattlegrounds

It's BYOC(Bring your own controller/stick)

Venue fee-$5

You still can bring your own stuff if you want but there will be no discount.

PC time is separate

Hope to see you their and I will try and get a image of the flyer to put on this thread.

If anybody knows of any other forums where people would be interested in coming to this please let me know so I can see if it's worth advertising.

Other sites the fight night is being advertised on

Battlegroundsonline.com

The thread has not been made yet but you can introduce yourself here

http://battlegroundsonline.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=25

Shoryuken.com-street fighter

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=211897

Tekkenzaibatsu.com-Tekken

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=115021

Tekkennation.com-Tekken

http://tekkennation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3250

Meltybread.com-Meltyblood

http://www.meltybread.com/forums/tournaments-and-events/battlegrounds-ct-every-friday-starting-on-dec-11th/

8wayrun.com-Soul Calibur

http://www.8wayrun.com/f54/weekly-fi...00/#post182353

Smashboards.com- SuperSmashBrothers

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=266278

Virtuafighter.com

http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbt...880#Post275880

Games that will be there include Melty Blood Actress Again (We need more modded systems and games however, there's only 1 set), Battle Fantasia, Fate/Unlimited Codes, Guilty Gear AC, HnK, SWR/UNL/IamP, Sengoku Basara X, SF4, DoA4 and Tekken 6.

There will also be a small tournament each week for a chosen game (like Melty Blood) with a $1-$2 entry fee. We hope you can make it!(From meltybread.com and originally from Fraga)

GET HYPE!!!

I wish to post these flyers around UConn, since Vernon is a stone's throw away for anyone with a car. Should I just go to Battlegrounds and ask for some flyers to put up?

Let's make this shit work. I hope I can make it to any of these because I usually work on Fridays.

I wish to post these flyers around UConn, since Vernon is a stone's throw away for anyone with a car. Should I just go to Battlegrounds and ask for some flyers to put up?

I'm pretty sure they said were planning on printing up fliers to promote. Call them to double check.

This actually works much better for me. Vernon is much closer than Walingford.

You're the guy that has only a 360 stick, right? I think they have 360s we can use for these Fight Nights. Did you ever get your stick dual modded yet? If you didn't, I know someone you can talk to about it.

Woot! They have 360s. I can finally use my stick. xD I'll come if I can, but if somebody's having a tournament, I'll go to that instead. Money is a bit tight, so I'm only planning on attending one event this month, maybe two if I can get the cash.

Let's make this shit work. I hope I can make it to any of these because I usually work on Fridays.

I'm pretty sure they said were planning on printing up fliers to promote. Call them to double check.

You're the guy that has only a 360 stick, right? I think they have 360s we can use for these Fight Nights. Did you ever get your stick dual modded yet? If you didn't, I know someone you can talk to about it.

Yea that was me but damn I wish I could have found someone like you maybe last week or so. I needed a PS3 stick for NECX and I had no way of dual modding mine so I just went ahead and bought one from Amazon.:gonk::vbang:

the locations not bad, they don't have as many setups as DM, but there's enough to go around. The only concern is increased travel time for jersey/NY.

They haven't made them yet because of the holiday's but I will let everybody know when they come out. If you want to go and ask BG if they can send you some I see no problems with that either.

what games might we see there? blazeblue/ ggac ?

This is where the community needs to help out because the only mainstream game is BB. There are discounts if you bring systems with game and there's discounts on controllers. You are also free to call the store and ask how they can help also.

the locations not bad, they don't have as many setups as DM, but there's enough to go around. The only concern is increased travel time for jersey/NY.

They are actually going to be the first ones to be offered all items during there sale. Battlegrounds will be getting more but give them a reason to want to get more because there a business first and if they don't see the return then they will stop helping the community so don't forget to show up.

Just so everybody knows if there is more than 10 people on the first night it will only be $5 for the night. I will be trying to get Mike to post up on the forums so he can answer questions from everybody.

Seems like I'm going if I can find a ride. I'm willing to bring a PS2, 360, as well as SF4, SFA:A, GG:AC, and CvS2. xD

I'll come if I have work off this day. I won't be able to ask for it off this time because I just requested 4 days off for NEC.

Seems like I'm going if I can find a ride. I'm willing to bring a PS2, 360, as well as SF4, SFA:A, GG:AC, and CvS2. xD

That's awesome man but we won't need the 360 because they have plenty but everything else is great. thx man

I'll come if I have work off this day. I won't be able to ask for it off this time because I just requested 4 days off for NEC.

It's going to be a weekly thing unless we are told differently so no worries. If you do have work and it's not too far you should show up after if you can. Just give the place a call before you do.

Good to see you guys already found a new venue! I was worried the scene would die down when I heard that Digital Mayhem was closing.

Thanks, Vigilante. Now I won't need to set it up multiple times. xD Time for the question of the day.... Anybody willing to give me a ride? Edit: I can help pay for gas. Edit2: Apparently, I only need a ride one way. I can get a ride either to or back, but not both.

is anybody from dustloop confirmed for Battle Grounds on Friday cause i have a list of people who are gonna show up. December 11th BattleGrounds 1. Gonzales 2. Steve 3. Justo 4. Zorin 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. _____

I'm in, and will bring a PS2 (with GG) and a PS3 (with SFIV). I have a feeling it might work better to make this bi-weekly, but we'll see, I guess.

I have a feeling it might work better to make this bi-weekly, but we'll see, I guess.

I'll second this. I personally ran meet-ups for what was the western CT crew for a summer, and the fact that these meet-ups were weekly gave most people a reason to just simply not come and "go next week."

Anyway, I'll try to make it to this week's meet up. My biggest/only problem is getting a ride, so I'm going to start asking around. If not...I'll kindly ask for someone to come pick me up. I'm approximately 16 miles north of Vernon (23 minutes on Mapquest), 7 miles into the middle of nowhere from exit 68 on I-84.

If anyone from NYC is heading up and driving I'll go with a friend (I can put like $5 for gas cuz I'm poor) btw this weekend has a lot of stuff going on (T6/BB on the 13th, Bx Tourney on the 12 and this on the 11th) I need more money >.<

I'll second this. I personally ran meet-ups for what was the western CT crew for a summer, and the fact that these meet-ups were weekly gave most people a reason to just simply not come and "go next week."

Anyway, I'll try to make it to this week's meet up. My biggest/only problem is getting a ride, so I'm going to start asking around. If not...I'll kindly ask for someone to come pick me up. I'm approximately 16 miles north of Vernon (23 minutes on Mapquest), 7 miles into the middle of nowhere from exit 68 on I-84.

well people went weekly to DM and we were looking for a place to replace DM. If we get a good crowd goin who wants to level up its all cool.

If anyone from NYC is heading up and driving I'll go with a friend (I can put like $5 for gas cuz I'm poor) btw this weekend has a lot of stuff going on (T6/BB on the 13th, Bx Tourney on the 12 and this on the 11th) I need more money >.<

I want to let you know I appreciate the fact you want to go but this is not a tourney. The Springfield MA crew and I set this up so people can get together and play some casuals. In the future their will probably be one but as for this Friday, it's just casuals. If you still want to go try to convince people to MM you.

well people went weekly to DM and we were looking for a place to replace DM. If we get a good crowd goin who wants to level up its all cool.

Gonz nobody showed up to DM fight nights and I MEAN nobody. Alex and Jeremy I would like to see how this goes first before Springfield and I make any changes. We will definitely keep everybody updated on the situation.

I want to let you know I appreciate the fact you want to go but this is not a tourney. The Springfield MA crew and I set this up so people can get together and play some casuals. In the future their will probably be one but as for this Friday, it's just casuals. If you still want to go try to convince people to MM you.

The fact its not a tourney makes it more intrigueing (less pressure more games played) but as I said my main issues is tranportation. Plus I could bring a ps2.