Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vigilante

BattleGrounds CT present Fight Club every Friday! YouTube page is up!

And with great surprise

A great surmise fell upon the land

For flames and cries

Lit up the skies

And crashed against the sand

"My yogurt is better"

Said he with a tremor

"It is filled with dives and win"

"Cross paths with me and ye shall see

The deadly dairy sin."

Lo, he started

Before he brainfarted

"Duel me at Battlegrounds,

A joust first to three

And we shall all see

Who is the greatest champion abound."

I challenge you to a limerick off, any time any where!

Birthed from the ebb and flow of cyberspace,

"A joust first to three" arose with a time and place.

What passion drove these hairy harbingers of havoc?

Surely, there was nary a doubt,

That it was a game that nobody gave a shit about.

"Nevermind" thought the defier,

This will spur our community to aspire,

To heights unforeseen in fighting game history!

Respite our stagnation and hold us closer,

At the expense of the poser,

To the enlightenment that resides in this mystery.

Hark! The prophet's day has been foretold!

Battlegrounds! In the month of blistery cold.

The day has yet to come,

Hailing the lament of an unborn son,

But for whom?

Anyway, good to see you here Cecil. Also, Nuclearcheese, Vierge and I are in all seriousness making progress on that art you keep asking for, so expect some good things in the near future.

Glad fight night at battlegrounds was a success, I'll come to these when I can (which until I succeed in upgrading my job will probably be quite rare). agp24 It's cool that you brought Garou, that's my personal favorite SNK fighter even though I play bottom tier/Freeman.

big post of MAME-Saikoro

Dark Stalkers 3 (Vampire Savior 2?) is awesome, Lilith's gloomy puppet show is the best super ever

Thanks, Vyers. It's a great fighter. xD I'll bring it anywhere if people want.

I was thinking earlier today; remember when I said I'd bring in all those underplayed/underrated games? Well how do y'all think about having a mini-tournament each week for one of those games (or change every week)? We'd be talking like a $1-$2 entry for one of the games I'm bringing (Quick List: Melty Blood Actress Again, HnK, Battle Fantasia, SWR/UNL/IamP, Fate/Unlimited Codes, and Sengoku Basara X. Now newly added is DoA4 for 360) and it'd just be a small and fun time. It'd be winner takes all, and if it becomes popular enough maybe we can chose one of the games and try to start something going for them (Like getting it into the Act tournament). I was thinking about it because New England right now is all about SF4, GG and BB. So why not expand on it? MB is pretty big in NY for example, but not here. Idk, just some thoughts of mine. How bout yours? You like the idea?

I would definitely join in if I end up going. Doesn't look so good right now. -_-

I was thinking earlier today; remember when I said I'd bring in all those underplayed/underrated games? Well how do y'all think about having a mini-tournament each week for one of those games (or change every week)?

We'd be talking like a $1-$2 entry for one of the games I'm bringing (Quick List: Melty Blood Actress Again, HnK, Battle Fantasia, SWR/UNL/IamP, Fate/Unlimited Codes, and Sengoku Basara X. Now newly added is DoA4 for 360) and it'd just be a small and fun time. It'd be winner takes all, and if it becomes popular enough maybe we can chose one of the games and try to start something going for them (Like getting it into the Act tournament).

I was thinking about it because New England right now is all about SF4, GG and BB. So why not expand on it? MB is pretty big in NY for example, but not here. Idk, just some thoughts of mine. How bout yours? You like the idea?

You forgot to mention Tekken 6!! Its popular!! LOL

Sounds frackin' awesome. I would bring each title and then see how the turnout in interest is. If its high enough, then HELL YEAH. Youve got the same idea as I do, just with fairly more modern titles.

-Saikoro

So, as of today I am done with finals. I will be leaving at around 1:30-2:00pm tomorrow, which means that I will get home at around 3:30~ish. I'll probably then pick up the local fellows and head out to Hartford at around 5:30-6:00. Mugen, are you still up for tomorrow? If so, how does 7:00pm at your house sound for a pick-up time? I also have room for one more person if you want to bring someone along. Just give me the heads up beforehand.

Well it seems people like my idea, I'll bring my laptop with Tournament Maker just incase. Also:

You forgot to mention Tekken 6!! Its popular!! LOL

-Saikoro

I don't have it, but if you bring it we're all good. Same with other underplayed/underrated games, if you have it and want us to try it, I'll gladly set something up for yall. I know Z00b will have a field day with this one.

all i have to is finish one more final tomorrow and ill be heading dow to BG, if there's enougth interest id be down for holding another $1 tourney. Yo anybody know if Blue heading down to BG tomorrow?

I was thinking earlier today; remember when I said I'd bring in all those underplayed/underrated games? Well how do y'all think about having a mini-tournament each week for one of those games (or change every week)?

We'd be talking like a $1-$2 entry for one of the games I'm bringing (Quick List: Melty Blood Actress Again, HnK, Battle Fantasia, SWR/UNL/IamP, Fate/Unlimited Codes, and Sengoku Basara X. Now newly added is DoA4 for 360) and it'd just be a small and fun time. It'd be winner takes all, and if it becomes popular enough maybe we can chose one of the games and try to start something going for them (Like getting it into the Act tournament).

I was thinking about it because New England right now is all about SF4, GG and BB. So why not expand on it? MB is pretty big in NY for example, but not here. Idk, just some thoughts of mine. How bout yours? You like the idea?

I wouldn't mind trying to learn and play MBAA. As for a random tournament...Battle Fantasia! Hehe.

all i have to is finish one more final tomorrow and ill be heading dow to BG, if there's enougth interest id be down for holding another $1 tourney.

Yo anybody know if Blue heading down to BG tomorrow?

I know! He is. I might not be able to leave 'til 6 or so, though. If possible, I'll leave closer to 4.

Oh dammit, you're bringing Melty? Now I really should head down there after work.

Hopefully I won't be too fried when I get out at 5pm ... quick eats then a 2 hour drive? Arrive at 8-ish? I might just make it! :vbang:

we'll see ... :I:

Hey Fraga,this is Vigilante and I was wondering if you got my PM about putting this fight night on Meltybread.com? I would greatly appriciate it and some of those games are on the site anyways. Let me know if you can thx

Hey Fraga,this is Vigilante and I was wondering if you got my PM about putting this fight night on Meltybread.com? I would greatly appriciate it and some of those games are on the site anyways. Let me know if you can thx

Yeah I just got it, sure I'll post it up there

EDIT: http://www.meltybread.com/forums/tournaments-and-events/battlegrounds-ct-every-friday-starting-on-dec-11th/msg63091/#msg63091

ggs guys, nice way to remind me how out of practice I am :) @Zoob: Mark my words, my Kenshiro gimmicks will turn into something GREAT

Thanks to everyone for the good games. Sorry I didn't get there sooner. It was cool to run a very quick 8-person GG tournament! Fraga will post the results soon. Wish I had gotten to warm up before SFIV and play more casuals. :( Next time.

ggs guys, nice way to remind me how out of practice I am :)

@Zoob: Mark my words, my Kenshiro gimmicks will turn into something GREAT

So gimmicky. I am so rusty, it's terrible.

Results SF4 2v2: 1. Fat David Hayter (MCGusto,Gonzales) 2. Yoshi's Cookie (Domo,Alex) 3. Team Fat (Hippie,Fearless Steve) 4. Probally gonna lose( Blue9,Mindgame3) 5. WD40 (Manny O., Wednesday's Dagger) 5. God i Hope we win (Kona,Chaos) 7.Bye

Ok so here's the results: Guilty Gear: 1 blueNINE : $8.00 2 Nuclear Cheese 3 Mindgam3 4 Zoob 5 Mugen 5 Vierge 7 Kona 7 Shizu MBAA (Small but it'll grow): 1 Nuclear Cheese : $4.00 2 Z00b 3 Mindgam3 4 Kona SF4 Teams (Already shown but oh well): 1 Team David Hayter : $12.00 2 Team Yoshi's cookie 3 Team Fat 4 Team Probally gonnalose 5 Team Oh God 5 Team WD40 7 Bye Sorry it took so long, I got back at 6:30 am and I slept till 1:30, then traveled to Hamden where I am now. MBAA will grow at least, since MeltyBread now knows of us. GGs all! ANd Z00b: We need more Toki vs Jagi matches next time

-_- I so wish I could have gone. Congrats on winning MBAA, Nuclear Cheese. Congrats on GG, Blue. I don't even know who was on the winning team in SFIV, but congratulations.

I'm kinda glad that I'm regaining my interest in Guilty even I'm fucking horrible at that game. Also, I'm very surprised about how much I actually enjoyed Melty Blood. First time I played it in my life and it isn't half bad. If I had a PS2 stick and my PS2 wasn't retarded, I'd totally work on it. Also Tales, I'm still waiting on those offline Garou matches!

We could really use some good old Primal Rage if the old games find their way to Vernon