Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Complete Guide

His white color scheme really looks like Kimblee. Actually, I see many references between FMA and BB, like Bangs and Scars scar, Litchis panda, Carl being a prodigy like Edward, and he, just like Edward, has sister/brother ''trapped'' in machine/armor, Ragnas mechanical arm... And a few others... But I think all of this is probably unintentional...

already asked, and he already answered, yes it's completely untechable

Oh ok sorry about that.Ty viper

even on CH? or does it have to be charged and CH?

and in that case, would the best option be a dash into 214D~C into an air combo?

his white clothes make me think of Kimblee from FMA really. the face i think is more of a standard fox like face, very sly and such, which is why Gin had that face. i can't see any Johnny in him except the color and the fact that he holds his hat when walking.

on another note, could you check on the properties of Hazama's astral? what's its hitbox like and can it be comboed into? that sort of thing

His voice actor also does Greed in the new FMA

even on CH? or does it have to be charged and CH?

and in that case, would the best option be a dash into 214D~C into an air combo?

charged and Ch so that it becomes fatal counter. hazama has a bit of recovery before he is able to move and they are knocked too far away from him to be able to do 214D~C. if you watch any of my matches on youtube you'll see what i'm talking about.

Are there any restrictions of difficulty in pulling of the combo in this vid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq0HoUaCTcQ - 6:41

And can this combo still go in since Ora still had 1 more drive available.

I doubt the combo could be extended much past this point, really. Bakuga manages to tech out of several similar combos, so I'd bet that, if that combo went on much longer at all, the untechable window would shrink to nothing. Anyway, this combo was discussed a few pages back:

Saw a nice combo Ora did in the start of the third round in the first of the above videos. If I've got his moves right, it was:

3C (ch) xx 214D -> C, 2C (JC) j.C x5 (land) 2C 4D -> D, j.C x5 (DJC) j.C x5 xx j.214B

Worked on Bang for 21 hits and 2790 damage.

And an answer to your question on difficulty:

It's a bit tricky getting the 4D -> D to lead into the j.C mashfest, but it isn't too difficult otherwise. It seems this is his best damage at this point meterlessly.

that combo isn't really hard nor restricted much, it's mainly use to take the opponent to the corner faster. the combo couldn't have gone longer because all the drive icon means is how many times he can follow his chain. he can do drive how many times he wants he's just limited to how many times he can follow the chain. the reason he can't continue the combo is that there's no place to use the chain to followup in the combo and the length of the combo was at it's max.

that was just a timing issue on my part. the combo is legit but i don't really remember how much the damage is, somewhere around 3.6+k damage. on CH though i know it's 4.2k if you do that combo and around 4.4 or 4.5 if you do j.Cx5 > dj.Cx5 >214B after the 4d

here's a clip of the fatal counter super http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laLoOs18dz4#t=1m35s

One of those things that hasn't been stated, but I'm sure everyone's realized already. I've yet to see any Bang land 2C>Daifunka. Do any other BnBs drop on Hazama? Might be nice to know.

it does somewhere around 3k. it was worth the meter to me because 1)he's unable to burst. 2)it knocks the opponent away from hazama, leaving the positioning in hazama's favor. 3)it uses time.

Hazama actually looks quite interesting, I'm actually considering him to be my secondary for CT, my only problem is my personal bias against character personalities. I'm not very fond of Hazama's personality, however, his play style has struck me as (To say the least) interesting. Hopefully, this Blazblue will be more balanced (However, I feel that CT got a lot less credit than it deserved. People exaggerated the balance of the game is if it were broken, but even Tager stands a chance against V-13). I have some concern for Tsubaki though, she doesn't look too good, though, it could just be the people playing her that I've seen. Anyhow, I've seen excellent things from Hazama, and hopefully, I will see much more by the time of CS's release.

OK, I'm about to peruse the thread and update the combo section. Be prepared to let me know if I post add something bogus. Also, does anyone have some good abare (combos off of random hits)?

stupid question...., but what does the little xx mean in between the combos for bread and butter? Ex: 5B/5C 3C xx 214D -> C, 5C 2C xx 623D

xx is ol' SF notation for special/super cancel 3C xx 214D = 3C>214D = downforward C cancel to quartercircleback D it was in the guide, btw. maybe I shouldn't of answered and just told you to reread the guide a little harder. get you all folk to better up your reading and research skills, instead of babying kids all the time

It says that Hazama's portal super can be blocked. How exactly? Just normal blocked, or does it have to be blocked low? I've never seen it blocked (only dodged) so I'd just like a little elaboration if you will.

You can just simply hold back to block it. Its not like arakune's pool super... It doesn't work when they're point blank on you either. The pool just showed up a little ways behind them for me.

I already knew that it appears at a distance but it's THAT easy to block? Guess it's better to stun them with D before using it or something. How long is the startup time? If it's fast enough, maybe you could still take someone by surprise like with Litchi's all green in CT.