Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Complete Guide

Yes its that easy to block if you just do it randomly outside of a combo. Its quick tho still. You can catch tager's vuln point after a charge on reaction for example.

Alrighty thanks then. Guess I just hoped it DID work like Ara's super. Oh well. Good to know.

Lol! That'd be so broken... Unblockable super that re-locates to their position :lol: Ok, so the follow-ups to Hazama's drive are really throwing me off. A, B, and C are fine. But I'll land a hit with the snake then hit D to follow up and it sends him flying over their head to the other side of the screen. Am I hitting D too early? All the videos I've seen put him right in front of the opponent and allow for a follow up.. Also with the air combos 4D~D>j.C mashfest, can you (or are you) supposed to jump cancel after the chain followup before actually connecting with a j.C? Kind of dumb questions, but it's pretty dificult to try and figure things out when it your in the middle of a fight where loosing means you sit out for the next 30-45 minutes...

No, the D "locks" depending on distance/whether it was a CH or not. There is absolutely no reason to rush the D->a/b/c/ input unless you want to do a super fast jb off a D. But since Hazama has a lot of match-up where characters with good 5A anti-air (Bang/Hakumen/others), his a/b/c/ follow-up can be easily be shot-down. His drive is better used to harass and hope for a CH. I'm playing this 1-2 times a week maining Hazama. Anything you want me to check? Btw, his Jayoku DD is amazing.

So basicaly let the snake hit and lock then follow up? And it seems like from what your saying you can really only follow up against a compitent opponent if the snake is a CH right? I think that was just the main thing I was having trouble with really. Didn't get why the hell I was flying over their head after the snake actually hit them. Probbably just wasn't locking on them. But yeah Jayoku is pretty nice. It'd be great if he was invincible the whole duration untill it hits, but even if it ends up trading (happend quite a few times) it'll still send them up and you can follow up after.

The drive locks if you allow the chain to "extend" pretty much to its farthest point. If the drive hits really close to the target or midway, the chain will not "lock" and will send you flying past the guy if you close in via D. The drive will also lock if its a CH. So it's incredibly important to hitconfirm his drives. Like 6D(hitconfirm and cancel with A)->Jakou is really important to learn against certain match-ups. I still can't get the mizuchi DD link after long combos, so I'm pretty much settled on using my meter for Jayoku and occasional CAs.

Looks exactly like his 5C only it knocks them back. Disco, thanks for that! I understand it much better now. :yaaay: As for linking to his "632146C" DD I just haven't had enough time to experiment with different timings. It's a snap to do after a back throw, but after "623D" I just can't seem to get the right timing. After that point actually landing the super would probbably do minimal damage due to the lack of initial damage of the super and the proration as well...

well it's a matter of guessing right on how they tech. if they neutral tech you may eat some damage because hazama has a bit of recovery off the 6C. personally i just like chaining because if they tech either way they'll tech into the chain, and if they neutral tech you can just use any followup to apply pressure or just stay back. sometimes i'll move foward with a dash; but like i said, it all depends on how you feel they'll tech.

You guys should go check if jyayoku is 0F after super flash. Zakiyama has been using it off IB (shit like IB Ragna's 2A>jyayoku inbetween hits). Would instantly make hazama a lot more intimidating.

Just saw the vid. Wow. I can't see it properly but it seems when he does the DD, Ragna is still like in a "recovery state" after doing his 2A or something that's why he gets hit.

-236236B is good as an anti pressure tool. Interrupts lots of block strings. really fast startup. if opponent already has a move sticking out it may trade. Fatal counter and is untechable until the opponent hits the ground.

:D

Lol kick super is pretty much a DP. That leads to 4500+ damage on CH. Can anyone ballpark how long you need to wait on the 214D before inputting a followup for it to be the powered up version? Doesn't seem to take very long. EDIT: Wow 2C's got some wicked head attribute invincibility...

Can anyone ballpark how long you need to wait on the 214D before inputting a followup for it to be the powered up version? Doesn't seem to take very long.

Not very long. You have time to combo a powered up version after 3C to get an extra 300 or so damage to the B&B. I'd guess about 1/8th of a second.