Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Complete Guide

so do you think of him as rush/with good mix up with the ability to zone or in better terms control his space.

Yes rush with mixups who can fight from far away to force you to do something wreckless and allow him to jump on that to restart his rush game.

Hazama is going to be top tier because he can troll for time outs without the need for FRKZ like Bang does. :vbang: Just kidding. But in terms of combos, it really does look limited to the c mash one. Are there any combos where he can use the chain combo extender twice? That would be nice to see.

I noticed in the gamechariot vids with Ertai(Hazama) vs Buppa(Noel), when he cancels out of his stance, he gets hit every time by Buppa. Does this mean that canceling isn't actually safe or he isn't just blocking?

Canceling stance puts you at a serious disadvantage. Really, the only time you SHOULD cancel is if you know you'll get screwed trying to do stuff after 3C (aka you used Ressenga too much and they'll predict it or you're too far for Zaneiga to hit) or you were anticipating something and you wanted to Gashokyaku their ass but they ended up not doing it.

His command throw is op, his meter gain is op, Jayoku is close to OP, his j3D/jD is really fucking good.

Just don't jump into rape.

His game is making them jump into your rape (swat them down with 6D/jD and get in their face) or you j3D and rush when you see the opportunity.

The gamechariot vids are 11/28 so they're quite old. The best Hazama vids I've seen are the Vamos ones. (12/4) I believe it's Ertai since he uses the same colors and he did a combo that I've only seen him using it.

Canceling stance puts you at a serious disadvantage. Really, the only time you SHOULD cancel is if you know you'll get screwed trying to do stuff after 3C (aka you used Ressenga too much and they'll predict it or you're too far for Zaneiga to hit) or you were anticipating something and you wanted to Gashokyaku their ass but they ended up not doing it.

Yeah I noticed watching again in another vid that he really gets hit when he cancels. That sucks.

Yes rush with mixups who can fight from far away to force you to do something wreckless and allow him to jump on that to restart his rush game.

yea i great to see some good haz and his game still seem to be like not even halfway yet or is that just me. p.s. Saw you get haz heat of lolol astral finish was sweet.:kitty:

Right now, I'm just saying Zakiyama is better just b/c he has better combos and takes good advantage of how good Jayoku DD is. I believe Hazama will turn into a more aggressive character in time. We just haven't seen anything yet. I'm still only seeing damage come from counter hits with D or something like that. Haven't seen any "in your face" mixup yet from the vids I've watched so far. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's there.

Watch Ertai in the Vamos tournament

I've heard people mention that it functions as a (not very good) zoning and spacing tool, but it really doesn't get much action.

EDIT:

oh wow, neat. didn't know we had this stuff on the server

http://www.dustloop.com/ggac/char/johnny/jon-str.html

Though, Hazama's Ja-cancels don't look to create a huge frame differential like Johnny's Mist-Cancels do.

When did that get uploaded? That's awesome!

Hmm, just asked because of what WUT said before.

Question to anyone that knows: what can 6B and 6C gatling from?

And apparently 236C gives you enough stagger time to link a 5C instead of a 5B. I wonder if the extra damage (presumably) is worth the difficulty (also presumably).

Thought maybe someone already tried this out or something.

Also I know this is not the right translation (I think) when I google translated the combo wiki I saw something called the "Inertial Step" any idea what that is?

So anyone found a good use for Jabaki yet?

Jabaki should be used at mid-range on opponents trying to get in from the ground. For opponents trying to get in via air at that range (via IAD or similar), 5C or 2C are your best bets. I like 5C because it stays active for a while and you can confirm to 2C, 4D/D, j.CxN if they attempt to IAD.

Also I know this is not the right translation (I think) when I google translated the combo wiki I saw something called the "Inertial Step" any idea what that is?

Paste the original Japanese text in the thread.

Paste the original Japanese text in the thread.

6投げ>6DA>623D>ステップ慣性3C>236236B~中央と同じ

50%ゲージ消費、ダメージは最大5000程。ステップ慣性3Cに慣れない場合は、6投げ>236236Bでも良い。

Google translated it as:

6 Throw> 6DA> 623D> inertial step 3C> 236236B ~ same as the central

50% of consumers gauge the damage will be up to about 5000. If you are unaccustomed to inertial step 3C, 6 throw> 236236B even better.

Just means do a dashing 3c, as it'll keep the momentum from the step and travel further.

If you think you're opponent is going to rush you, B from stance is usually a better option with much higher rewards. Jabaki is slight disadvantage on block without too much reward even with a counterhit (though it positions you nicely afterwards). If you need to poke, jump back->j3D(a).

I've heard people mention that it functions as a (not very good) zoning and spacing tool, but it really doesn't get much action.

EDIT:

When did that get uploaded? That's awesome!

It's unfortunate there won't be much incentive to update it, since a lot of it seems very outdated.

Were you at AI yesterday playing against a pink hazama? Also, wtf combos when throwing point blank into the wall? Couldn't get B or C to connect after the bounce..