Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Complete Guide

I'm not sure if it was brought up yet, but 214D > A is an amazing move. I'm not sure if it is safe on block, but I haven't been punished after it yet. Also you can start a 5C j.C combo if you connect as anti-air. Also you can follow up a blocked 3C with it because the speed for a nice overhead, and you can start 3C combo after.

I'm not sure if it was brought up yet, but 214D > A is an amazing move. I'm not sure if it is safe on block, but I haven't been punished after it yet. Also you can start a 5C j.C combo if you connect as anti-air. Also you can follow up a blocked 3C with it because the speed for a nice overhead, and you can start 3C combo after.

Sounds like Gauntlet Hades. Exactly like Gauntlet Hades, actually.

Sadly, i don't have the luxury of watching videos as my computer doesn't work and the cell i'm using right now doesn't play video. If you could do a quick writeup, that would be swell(with some fc jayoku combos hopefully :kitty:).

let me try and think of a way to format it so that it would be easy to read, rather than just being one big jumble of numbers and letters. I'll try to throw something general together before I sleep, and I do mean general.

It'll be similar to the first post, but I'll try to explain situations the different enders put you in because that's what you really have to think about since his Oki isn't quite top notch.

And reffering to the 214D~A... yeah it's really not amazing. It's definatly useful but you WILL be punished by a good player if they see it coming.

You can simply be jabbed out of it, and not to mention the hitbox doesn't even show up untill the last quarter circle of his motion. It'll completely whiff if you do it and they're directly overhead due to the late hitbox.

2A/5B Starters

Midscreen:

2A/5B, 3C, 214D~C, *2C, j.CxN, 2C, 4D~D, j.CxN, dj.CxN, 214B

*(replace 2C with a "short dash, 5C" then follow up as usual if 214D~C connects at the edge of its hitbox, IE: they are too far for 2C to connect)

Some of the best meterless damage, a little bit hard to execute at first due to the strict timing on the chain and D follow up. Weak oki compared to other combo enders, do it when you need the damage.

2A/5B, 3C, 214D~C, 5C, 2C, j.CxN, dj.CxN, 214B

Not as much damage as the combo previously listed, but you float lower during the combo (due to leaving out the chain and followup) allowing you to hit the ground faster after 214B and providing more time to setup an oki. Much easier combo execution wise as well.

2A/5B, 3C, 214D~C, 5C, 2C, 4D~A, 623D, dash, 3C

Not the best damage without extending it via meter, but it's good to use when your back is to the corner just a ways away from half screen. 623D will throw them behind you and if theres a corner there it'll put them in it which is nice. You can alwas 214D after the 3C and follow up with whatever you like for oki as the 3C makes them tech bounce in the same spot (no rolling) so do ~A for a high, ~C for a low, or ~D if you want to bait a wakeup DP or something.

Back to Corner (point blank)

2A/5B, 3C, 214D~C, 5C, 2C, 623D, 2B, 5C, 2C, 4D~D, j.CxN, 214B

Does good damage, gets you out of the corner, gives decent oki, but since you used the chain it takes awhile for hazama to hit the ground after 214B so there isn't a whole lot of time for an oki setup.

2A/5B, 3C, 214D~C, 5C, 2C, 623D, 2B, 5C, 2C, 623D

Not as much damage, but it keeps them right in front of you, your kept with your back up against the corner too though...

2C (counter)

4D~D, j.CxN, dj.CxN, 214B

Basic follow up off of an anti air counter. Has the same properties of all the other chain --> 214B enders.

4D~A, 623D, dash 3C

Used as a starter for connecting an anti air counter attack to the kick super through the use of heat.

214D~C (counter)

623D, dash, 3C

Again, used as a starter to connect to the kick super.

???

I forgot which chain connects after 214D~C counter, but there are more combos for this starter.

50% heat combos

236236B, 214D~C, 5C, 2C, 4D~D, j.CxN, dj.CxN, 214B

BnB followup to his kick super, you time the 214D~C followup sooner than you'd think you typically would because of the slow startup and the speed at which they fall.

236236B, 6D~A, 6D~A, 6D~A, 623D, dash, 3C

A different followup to kick super, really only used for when you want to extend the combo after 3C with another kick super.

4B+C, 632146C

Easy follow up to a backthrow, keeps them from bursting if your going for the kill.

5D~A, 632146C

Nice way to add damage off of any random 5D hit if you've got meter to burn.

**"any combo ending in 623D, dash, 3C" can be followed up with 236236B allowing for further combo extension by way of 214D~C as shown above.

This is crutial for getting max damage with Hazama.

***"any combo ending in 623D, dash, 3C" can have the "dash, 3C" omitted and followed up with 632146C instead.

Since supers have a minimum damage now you can use this after a long combo and still get decent unburstable damage. It also puts them far away from you and takes up a good ammount of time if your trying to play keep away or run the clock.

Ok, there definatly is more but I'm beat and I work pretty early tomorrow so I'll look it over and see if I missed anything on my lunch tomorrow.

In the meantime if anyone sees something that is wrong (high posibility of this) then feel free to correct me.

nj ghaleon. it's easy to read and ur comments are useful. there are more of the possible combos you will remind, but for the basic training purpose, I believe these are good. The only thing I wanna mention is (623D, dash, 3C) shall be (623D, dash, dash cancel 3C) for somebody who isn't very familiar about hazama's dash.

Thanks, All I was really going for at this point was just a general BnB list, and basic examples of when to use each. I honestly am not on par with most of the better players on here so I really have no place to start explaining or judging more advanced tactics. Nico won't work here at work anymore so I'll have to wait to get home before I can see any more of the basic combos that I left out. I've found one I forgot about, but I have to clock back in in a second here so I'll update it later after I get home. Oh, and yes for anyone unfamiliar with Hazama's dash. It can cancel into barrier, normals, and specials so you cancell the dash after 623D with a 3C. You don't wait for the dash to complete before you do the 3C.

so im new to hazama but i have watched a lot of zakiyamas vids and one of my questions is why is the stance cancel not used veryoften? I thought it could be used similar to johnnys mist cancel and you could make some decent pressure with it, but does it just too many frames to be safe too use it in such a way? Thanks :).

Hazama has really hard to time combos, I'm still having trouble timing his dj.C after his j.C, I can do dj. combos with other character just fine but with Hazama it's a little harder. I really like playing as Hazama, but there are two things I really hate when playing as him. 1. His attack reach seems really crappy, especially compared to the other most picked characters. Don't say his D because it isn't that fast. 2. His Dash is a Hop, which makes it more stupid because the majority of the cast have a run so its harder to rush with him. Also facing Ragna and especially Jin with Hazama is a nightmare, I can do fine against the other characters, even Bang, but those two give me headaches!

Hazama has really hard to time combos, I'm still having trouble timing his dj.C after his j.C, I can do dj. combos with other character just fine but with Hazama it's a little harder.

I really like playing as Hazama, but there are two things I really hate when playing as him.

1. His attack reach seems really crappy, especially compared to the other most picked characters. Don't say his D because it isn't that fast.

2. His Dash is a Hop, which makes it more stupid because the majority of the cast have a run so its harder to rush with him.

Also facing Ragna and especially Jin with Hazama is a nightmare, I can do fine against the other characters, even Bang, but those two give me headaches!

Well honestly, considering that he uses knifes I expected his reach to be pretty low. The hop on the other hand...ugh. Just like Haku-men... does he get invinciblity with his back dash?

Well honestly, considering that he uses knifes I expected his reach to be pretty low. The hop on the other hand...ugh. Just like Haku-men... does he get invinciblity with his back dash?

Not sure, but I'll try out his backdash!

Use the hop mid blocksting to mixup with command and normal throws.. Its pretty ace

Sweet, I'll try it out, I still hate facing Jin players with Hazama:psyduck:

When I comes to his 5D~C, I don't like doing a j.B (pulling towards the opponent) since I see players now mashing 5A to stop it, I prefer doing a j.A since its faster and you can still combo of it upon landing.

I just had a really random thought that would be awesome if possible....I noticed that hazama's command grab has some hefty invuln on it...anyone think this could be useful outside of actually grabbing? or is the invuln too short or the wind-down too long?

Aaaargh I have serious trouble doing 214D~C after kick super. Is it positioning or do I just need to practice timing? Do I have to double dash or dash just once?

dash is pretty solid, but the spacing on it is pretty fluid. like you can move wherever you want offscreen, so don't think of it as too concrete. just practice till you get it. you can try waiting till you see them come down from offscreen and pressing, and adjust your timing accordingly. the trick is to give yourself a point of reference, and each time note too early or too late