Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Complete Guide

The J.Cx20 combo dosen't sound possible.. Assuming the "hyaha" is 214DC you really don't have time to hit the ground and re-jump inbetween j.C's. I haven't tried it, but without a link like 5C or 2C once you hit the ground it seems like they'd be able to tech. And doing the 5C or 2C floats them too high to come back down and do another 2C without giving them the ability to tech. I'll try it next time I'm there tho. On an unrelated note... WTF is up with Ragna's CS going through Hazama's projectiles? Thought he was only immune during the pause, but he continued to pass right through my D projectile and connect with is super...

on the j.Cx20 combo: i've been trying to do it extensively but have been unable to at all. i can get up to the 2nd 2C just fine but can never get the 4D to land. it really seems like it's not possible. @Ragnarok: yeah you have to backdash so that you're put in the right range for mizuchi to hit. the timing is pretty tricky though because of the slight startup that hazama has for it

The J.Cx20 combo dosen't sound possible..

Some notes about the combo... it's definitely possible to combo jCx5 djCx5 land 2C... but off of the setup listed, the opponent can tech before 4D hits... maybe with some magical & perfect timing, you could juggle them slightly lower to still have 4D connect? Regardless of that, it's possible to continue comboing by skipping the 4D and immediately superjumping, but the combo will become invalid midway through the jC's.

On an unrelated note... WTF is up with Ragna's CS going through Hazama's projectiles? Thought he was only immune during the pause, but he continued to pass right through my D projectile and connect with is super...

I can't say from experience because no Hazama up here spams D enough for me to try random CS, however... it may be that his D moves are considered striking moves (for the purpose of whether or not carnage scissor can pass through them)... Carnage Scissor's invincibility works like this: before the superflash it is invincible to everything, after the superflash it is invincible to strikes & throws for a while longer (past the hit).

In BBCT, Jin's 5D was like this, so Ragna could pass through it with ease (but not Jin's other projectiles).

Some notes about the combo... it's definitely possible to combo jCx5 djCx5 land 2C... but off of the setup listed, the opponent can tech before 4D hits... maybe with some magical & perfect timing, you could juggle them slightly lower to still have 4D connect? Regardless of that, it's possible to continue comboing by skipping the 4D and immediately superjumping, but the combo will become invalid midway through the jC's.

Well the combo did metion some delay moves in there.

5C(counter)>3C>hyaha (whatever that move is)>(delay) 2C>jCX5>delay jCX5>2C>4DD>jCX5>jCX5>214B

Maybe those delays are the important ones for this combo to happen?

I can't say from experience because no Hazama up here spams D enough for me to try random CS, however... it may be that his D moves are considered striking moves (for the purpose of whether or not carnage scissor can pass through them)... Carnage Scissor's invincibility works like this: before the superflash it is invincible to everything, after the superflash it is invincible to strikes & throws for a while longer (past the hit).

In BBCT, Jin's 5D was like this, so Ragna could pass through it with ease (but not Jin's other projectiles).

I must have been reading the combo wrong then.. for some reason I thought it was 214D~C, 2C, j.Cx5 (land) j.Cx5, 2C, 4D~D, ect. I figured the landing and re-jumping wouldn't work without a link. But yea regardless, it's too many j.C's for it to keep from turning techable.

The Ragna was fullscreen and decided to CS for the hell of it. So I just hit Hazama's 5D during the flash thinking it was a typical projectile and that it would stop him during his movement... didn't happen :psyduck: Like you said as well they must not have normal projectile properties...

Thinking back, I remember seeing Hazama's 5D chain clash with normals before, so I'm pretty confident now... just think of it as a ranged physical attack that also interacts with projectiles :)

Hakumen's Cs "orbs" them tho, so kinda projectilish attributes. Guess in the same boat as Noel's moves.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what he was talking about for the chain's attributes...

I've seen some of noel's drives get orbed by Hakumen's sword :lol:

j.b is my favorite hazama normal

It's great the hitboxes being on both feet ya? :yaaay:

Haha..

OK guys, since fubarduck and I are now both mods, I've got to stop being lazy. Therefore, I've got two points of business: 1.) What would you guys like to see in this thread/these forums? Are you guys ready for a matchup sub-forum yet? 2.) We need to stay on topic, or else. :roboky:

Yeah, I'm afraid that's my job. :kitty: Anways, if you guys want to talk about Hazama in a non-gameplay related way (e.g. "He's shiny!"), take it to the off-topic thread. If you want to talk about random BS that has nothing to do with anything, I proudly introduce you to the magic that is MSN, PMs, and visitor messages.

OK guys, since fubarduck and I are now both mods, I've got to stop being lazy. Therefore, I've got two points of business:

1.) What would you guys like to see in this thread/these forums? Are you guys ready for a matchup sub-forum yet?

2.) We need to stay on topic, or else. :roboky:

Yea i say were ready!!!!(Guys back me up.;))

Dunno if this has been said or confirmed:

Astral Combo:

5B> 3C> 214DC> 5C> 2C> 4D> AH

I hope than works than would be sweet.

Is Hazama's "kara-cancel" fastfall still in? Something like cancelling an airdash with a j.6D-> immediate A for quicker descent. Also: airthrow, j.2D-> D, land Jayoku. Badass.

Thinking back, I remember seeing Hazama's 5D chain clash with normals before, so I'm pretty confident now... just think of it as a ranged physical attack that also interacts with projectiles :)

You can clash with tons of projectiles in BlazBlue, including but not limited to Jin's D moves. The chains are projectiles.