Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Complete Guide

Corner combo :D

236236B (FC), 6D~A (x3), 623D, 3C, 236236B, 2D~A (x3), 2D~D, j.CxN, dj.CxN, dj.214B

100 heat, 7094 damage. I'm not too consistent with 6D~A (x4), so I was only able to test this with 3x.

Tried this on Ragna btw.

Hey, is 5B 3C 214D~C 5C JC j.Cx5 \/ 2C 4D~D j.Cx10 his "new" BnB or is that a character specific combo?

Also, @ Zero, check the 1st page of the Video thread, there is a brief one, I think.

It's not really a new BnB, and it isn't character specific either.

Hazama doesn't have a lot of character specific combos that you need to know.

Hey, is 5B 3C 214D~C 5C JC j.Cx5 \/ 2C 4D~D j.Cx10 his "new" BnB or is that a character specific combo?

Standard BnB. Gives 40 heat if you let the 5C hit twice instead of cancelling it which is crazy for a BnB. As far as I know, his only character specific combos are the ones that involve multiple uses of the chain. Though I do know backgrab combos don't work on Rachel or Jin so the only way to continue a combo with them using that is to distortion.

I believe that works on everybody. That was actually one of the first bnb's that was discovered as far as I know.

It was the first BnB to be discovered because the first part of it, up to and including the j.Cs can be done on easy mode by mashing one button only.

Ah, I see!

A lot of the vids I watch have people doing 5B 5C 3C 214D~C 5C 2C 4D~D -> the rest instead, so I didn't know if it was relatively new or what. :psyduck:

Ah, I see!

A lot of the vids I watch have people doing 5B 5C 3C 214D~C 5C 2C 4D~D -> the rest instead, so I didn't know if it was relatively new or what. :psyduck:

I think you can only have 2 hits (5C counts as 1 for this purpose) before 214D->C to do the longer combo.

I think you can only have 2 hits (5C counts as 1 for this purpose) before 214D->C to do the longer combo.

It depends for 5C. I've gotten it to be read as one hit only once.

But yeah, if you use more than one attack before 3C, they'll tech before 2C if you go for the longer combo.

But yeah, if you use more than one attack before 3C, they'll tech before 2C if you go for the longer combo.

Not really. You just have to dash in before you hit 5C after 214D~C.

Not really. You just have to dash in before you hit 5C after 214D~C.

He was talking about the 2nd 2C whiffing, not the one that comes after 5C on the initial launch.

And if you dont have/want to use 50% meter off of a back throw on characters that you can't follow up with chain just 236D them after the throw. It's really the only thing that'll connect on them, you can add Noel to the list too I belive.

He was talking about the 2nd 2C whiffing, not the one that comes after 5C on the initial launch.

Yeah, dashing in helps that connect since you land closer to them after the first of j.Cs. Since I'm a little confused as to what we were actually referring to, this is the combo I thought he meant when he said the longer one:

5B > 3C > 214D~~C > 66 > 5C(2hits) > j.Cx5 > 2C > 4D~D > j.Cx10 > 214B

The dash makes sure you launch the opponent right. If you have 50 heat to spare, you can even do a jayoku instead of 2C then combo into 6D~A etc for shits and giggles.

Yeah, from my experience, you can get in the 2nd 2C during a combo involving more than 1 hit before the 3C. However, the part where it bluebeats/whiffs comes from the following 4D.

Here we go:

I'm having difficulties connecting one of the BnB combos for Hazama...

5D~C, j.5B, (land) 5B, 3C, 214D~C, 2C, j.Cx5, (land) 2C, 4D~D, j.Cx5. dj.Cx5, dj.214B

That 4D~D is giving me some grief...

The reason that 4D~D is giving you grief is because it shouldn't work in the first place. The "4D~D" in "jCxn > 2C > 4D~D > jCxn > JC > jCxn > j214B" only connects if there are no more than 2 hits before the 214D~C used to set it up (though, my experience seems to indicate that it considers "5C(2 hits)" as only one, though I'll have to check to be certain).

Shorter combo: <whatever> 3C, 214D->C, (66) 5C, j,Cx10, 214B

Longer combo: <Any 1 hit, or 5C>, 3C, 214D->C, (66) 5C, j,Cx5, land 2C, 4D~D, j.Cx10 214B

I've confirmed the longer combo using 5C as an opener, and using 5C for the launch... but I'm not sure if I've done both in the same string. I'll test it out later.

Ouh... Well, yeah, if you're that close then 66 is kinda moot (also pretty dangerous since the chance that you throw 6C goes up). My bad then. ^^'

You should really get into the habit of always doing the 66 during the combos as it ensures that you will connect on some of the more squirrelly characters (carl, etc) at further ranges. It isn't really that hard, just practice it. If you don't have easy access to CS the timing is really similar to Ragna's 6D>jD>665B link.