Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Complete Guide

I left a post on you profile page with thoughts. But given the nature of Hazama as a character i would organize the guide by starting move. So group all combos that can be done off of 2A together, and then the same for 5B, 3C, 5C, 236236B, 214D~A, 6A, etc... Within that I would organize by heat consumption and practicality. Maybe there could be a special section for combo vid style combos that are for flash instead of use (such as RC the first hit of 632146D).

I see. I may go with that instead. Right now I organized the combos by other factors. For example, BnB, Throws, Jayoku Punishment, Mid-Screen, and Corner.

And that'll help a lot KazukiFafner. I'd like to have a look at your guide as well. I'm sure it'll prove helpful, and you're probably an even more competent Hazama player than myself.

lol, well I've been practicing with him for months now, so I've got a good handle on his combos and the like. Unfortunately, I rarely get the chance to face really skilled players, so my matchup experience needs some work.

lol, well I've been practicing with him for months now, so I've got a good handle on his combos and the like. Unfortunately, I rarely get the chance to face really skilled players, so my matchup experience needs some work.

I've been practicing him for a couple months or so, but I've really only faced computers. So all I can really focus on is the combos. Hence why I'm making a combo thread, and not a "general tips on his gameplay guide", haha. Well, keep me updated with what you come up with, and I'll be sure to include it.

^ I've played him with friends. The thing you'll eventually find out is that all your friends will hate you if you keep playing this character. :V

^ I've played him with friends. The thing you'll eventually find out is that all your friends will hate you if you keep playing this character. :V

Haha, all the more reason to play him, my friend....

But in all seriousness, I've started compiling combos, and the thread's looking pretty good. How could I show you guys a preview of it without actually posting it on the forums?

That way I can get advice on what to change, add, etc... Before I put it out there into the Dustloop Community.

PM?

I guess I'll have to PM quite a few people. Is there a limit to the amount of characters you can have in a PM though? I know on most forums there is, I guess I could separate it out.

Why pm? just make a combo discussion thread and post what you got, then everyone can see it and comment.

And what's up with the Hazama forums? Is all discussion seriously suppose to only happen in the gameplay discussion thread? Holmes, what's up. Are people allowed to use the forum?

Yeah, just make the thread and post it and then edit it as you go/get feedback.

Also, you can still do the divisions by uses (BnB, Throws, "Too Far for Zaneiga," etc.), and then just use parentheses and backslashes to denote moves that can be used interchangeably:

2A > 5B > 3C > 214D~C > (Dash) 5C > 2C > 4D~D > j.214B#

5B > 3C > 214D~C > (Dash) 5C > 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D > j.214B#

would be

(2A) > 5B/5C > 3C > 214D~C > Dash 5C > 2C > (4D~A)/4D~D > jCx > j214B

Obviously put in the longest/most damaging combo as the one listed, people can shorten it if they want to, you don't need to put in every shortened iteration.

I would just list the long version. People should know that the combo would also work from any part of it. You might list damage differences based on starters if it's significant. Also, in Hazama's case, the starting move is somewhat important as it changes the combo. If you started with 5B you would instead do 5B>3C>214D~C>(dash)5C>(JC)>jCx5>(land)2C>4D~D>214B#, or if in the corner do the normal BnB with an additional 4D~A. You might note that you can use 5C instead of 5B at certain ranges for increased damage, and then note the damage.

A combo thread doesn't need to note every single variation of a combo. Just listing the framework would be enough. People could figure out the other stuff on their own.

I would just list the long version. People should know that the combo would also work from any part of it. You might list damage differences based on starters if it's significant. Also, in Hazama's case, the starting move is somewhat important as it changes the combo. If you started with 5B you would instead do 5B>3C>214D~C>(dash)5C>(JC)>jCx5>(land)2C>4D~D>214B#, or if in the corner do the normal BnB with an additional 4D~A. You might note that you can use 5C instead of 5B at certain ranges for increased damage, and then note the damage.

A combo thread doesn't need to note every single variation of a combo. Just listing the framework would be enough. People could figure out the other stuff on their own.

Okay, I'll list the more damaging combos for the most part, and it'll be open to revisions. I think I can manage to get it up later tonight if any of you are still on here. I never fall asleep before 1:00-2:00AM anyways. Then again, I'm sure a lot of us are in different time zones, so we'll see.

It's totally finals week but I'll most likely still be on (sadly).

I agree with posting the long version. In fact, it might be a good idea to list the longest possible combo you can get from a chain hit confirm and the longest you can get from a normal since, as FlyingVe said, you can start the combo from any part of it, and those two combos are a good chunk of what new players will be landing when they start out.

It's totally finals week but I'll most likely still be on (sadly).

I agree with posting the long version. In fact, it might be a good idea to list the longest possible combo you can get from a chain hit confirm and the longest you can get from a normal since, as FlyingVe said, you can start the combo from any part of it, and those two combos are a good chunk of what new players will be landing when they start out.

Haha, same here, finals can be annoying. But it's not sad, why not choose CS over finals. Nonetheless, I'll ace it all anyways.

You're right about the combos, and listing the long version. That makes things so much easier. I'll probably need some assistance with figuring out the longest version of each combo. Well, see you all later tonight.

More than the longest version, you should post the most damaging/most common to land, as those are more useful and usable, of course.

Haha, all the more reason to play him, my friend....

But in all seriousness, I've started compiling combos, and the thread's looking pretty good. How could I show you guys a preview of it without actually posting it on the forums?

That way I can get advice on what to change, add, etc... Before I put it out there into the Dustloop Community.

Go ahead and post it. You can always edit it later.

Sorry guys, I forgot I was the mod of this forum. :vbang: Oh well, I'm finished with school now, so I can finally get caught back up on teh gaems.

Go ahead and post it. You can always edit it later.

Sorry guys, I forgot I was the mod of this forum. :vbang: Oh well, I'm finished with school now, so I can finally get caught back up on teh gaems.

Nice, I think it's been a while since you've been on. One more week to go and I'll finally be done. Too bad we have to wait until July 20th to really start the hype.

More than the longest version, you should post the most damaging/most common to land, as those are more useful and usable, of course.

The longest versions are the most useful and usable. Everything else are just derivatives of said longest combos. :V

In fact, the way I see it, he has like 3 BnBs: The chain hit confirm BnB, the normal BnB and the Jakou BnB. People just mix and match as fit.

All is forgiven bro. :V

Until this game is released on consoles, all I can do is organizational stuff, so until then, it's up to the people who actually have played the game to keep this forum rolling.

If you feel like making a thread, have at it; the worst that can happen is that I'll either delete or merge it. Unless, of course, it's something totally off-the-wall, like that Mark Hamill thread. :vbang:

Or the one with the Eternal Champions guy. :v:

I'm kinda in the same boat though BJ, I'm just staying out until I've actually played the game.

I enjoy watching Hazama matches, and I noticed that Hazama's "vertical kick" distortion was used in some combos.

From what I can gather, this particular distortion itself does rather low damage relative to other character's distortions. The plus side being it has fast start-up and invincibility on start-up (or soon after), so it can be good for getting out of sticky situations.

What I don't understand is why it is used in combos. I can't tell too well from grainy match videos, but the damage seems comparable to regular BnB air combo he does, so why the decision use up the distortion guage?

What I don't understand is why it is used in combos. I can't tell too well from grainy match videos, but the damage seems comparable to regular BnB air combo he does, so why the decision use up the distortion guage?

You can dish out a lot of extra damage, if you have 100% Heat and you're in the corner you can deal around 8k damage on your opponent with 2 Jayoku Houtenjin's (his kick super).

I enjoy watching Hazama matches, and I noticed that Hazama's "vertical kick" distortion was used in some combos.

From what I can gather, this particular distortion itself does rather low damage relative to other character's distortions. The plus side being it has fast start-up and invincibility on start-up (or soon after), so it can be good for getting out of sticky situations.

Aside from being used in the corner, it also has potential mid-combo. While the damage may not be much higher from a regular BnB, Hazama can afford to waste heat since he builds it extremely fast. Sometimes one Jayoku can lead to enough heat for another Jayoku in the middle of the same combo, and as a result... Hazama's victory.

I can't tell too well from grainy match videos, but the damage seems comparable to regular BnB air combo he does

Well, to make it as short as possible, you're completely wrong.

If you simply comboed into it and stopped there, that would be the case. However, with 214D~C and/or chain follow-ups, you can get up to 3.5-4k, and if you use Jakou in the corner (which allows you to further continue the combo), you can break 5k.

So, while the damage off just Jayoku is similar to that of his BnB combos, all his big damage comes from Jayoku combos, even if you don't get an FC.

Hey guys I still contemplating I mainning Hazama. It look fun and interesting but one of the main things I hear about him are is combo are strict and is damage output is low. I think I can tolerate these but I want your view on a player who primarily works on defense play trying to use Hazama.

though I like to point out I not the excessive turtle like street fighter but I prefer to be but in defensive situation and look for opening. ( in other words I can't be the one to take the initiative in battle. So I counter this by playing by tactical and risk reward way)

Example scenario and habits: Intentional being cornered, intentional combo whiff to provoke improper reversal attempts. Fishing baits. Super primary used for reversal situation.

I would like to see how I imply this with hazama and his drive ability. I like his drive because I have hard time dealing with hit confirms so my reactions on follow up is bad. His chain reminds me of arcana hearts Tree elements (236D) vine command. Which in the past was good tool for combos or mid screen punishers. It looks like it can be use for mix up and combo situations which I lack.

It also seems that when hazama juggles opponents he can lift them pretty high which I would like to exploit but focusing on air unblockables while on the ground.