Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Complete Guide

jakou in anticipation of the jump in/airdash is really good. buffer it and then throw it out on reaction to the airdash. 4D as anti air, 2D as anti crossup, j.8d as anti air to air, 6D as anti air are all really good.

The thing about 214D~B is that they'll get a CH if they're jumping in attacking and you try to do it on reaction, imo.

And if they see you in Jatetsu stance, they're not going to jump in.

^ Unless they're any computer on hell difficulty without long-range options. (Ragna, Tsubaki, Taokaka with the exception of the bowling ball throw...) This little abusive trick makes Arcade and Score Attack and breeze. I try to win without it though, since I'm training for fighting human players. Who hopefully... won't be so naive.

I can't see it working on an ordinary player.

When you enter Jatetsu you have 3 options.

Overhead, Low, Anti-Air.

If the opponent leaps in at you when you're in that stance they deserve the fatal counter.

Unfortunately a good player will not jump on Hazama when he's in a potential anti-air stance unless they're really fucking stupid. Chances are they'll force you to either drop the stance with a projectile, or hit you with a good poke so they get CH.

imo, 214D#B is a really bad option for an anti-air unless the opponent charges in while you're already in the active stance.

I can't see it working on an ordinary player.

When you enter Jatetsu you have 3 options.

Overhead, Low, Anti-Air.

If the opponent leaps in at you when you're in that stance they deserve the fatal counter.

Unfortunately a good player will not jump on Hazama when he's in a potential anti-air stance unless they're really fucking stupid. Chances are they'll force you to either drop the stance with a projectile, or hit you with a good poke so they get CH.

imo, 214D#B is a really bad option for an anti-air unless the opponent charges in while you're already in the active stance.

That's why I said enter the stance after they jump. You can pull off the attack pretty quickly, and as I said it IS risky. But can pay off well if it connects.

Unfortunately with entering it after they jump in. You only get the CH Rising Fang (214D~B), instead of the higher damage, charged, FC version of it. Nonetheless. It has it's uses, and is risky, but seems to be good when someone is rushing you too much and doesn't expect it.

actually. unless you're near the corner or can do 623d > dash 3c >whatever

CH 2c > 4d~d > j.214b# pays off far better.

hey im new to blazblue and pretty much just fighter in general -__- and i like hazama so pretty much chose to main him but can you guys give me any tips on how to use him?? and what would be a really simple combo to start with cause im really confused

Well, DopeSauce. He really only has three core BnB's, you just need to know how to get into those BnB's from almost any attack/situation. Any combo involving 236236B is also extremely important... as well as his corner combos. Since they add a lot of damage and build even more heat.

hey guys ive been haveing a real hard time pulling off 216->C right after 3C and its been preventing from being able to consistenly combo is there like a certain timeing or something or am i just messing it up??

i don't see how you can get the timing wrong.. theres a massive window (like what half a second if you cancel 3c?).. if it doesn't come out then you're not doing the motion right. if it's not hitting then they're too far.. thats all there is to it.. 3c > 214d~c is a cancel. if you can't do it you need to practice your 214d motion.

lol... 216C? I think only Unlimited Hazama has that move and it is like a non-distortion drivish Jayoku... Which I love very much.

hey guys ive been having problems doing a dj.5C after a 5C im not sure when i should double jump and i can almost never do it when i do double jump what am i doing wrong???

hey guys ive been having problems doing a dj.5C after a 5C im not sure when i should double jump and i can almost never do it when i do double jump what am i doing wrong???

It's just takes some practice to get the second jump down. Be sure to input the jump direction after the 5th hit. What you might wanna do is go into training mode and set the dummy to jump so that you can practice it better.

There's also j.C > JC > j.C if that's what you meant. Totally works. :V

He's referring to the notation type where you use jCx5 > djCx5 to indicate a second jump (as opposed to saying JC).

^ Unless they're any computer on hell difficulty without long-range options. (Ragna, Tsubaki, Taokaka with the exception of the bowling ball throw...) This little abusive trick makes Arcade and Score Attack and breeze. I try to win without it though, since I'm training for fighting human players. Who hopefully... won't be so naive.

after playing score attack mode for awhile now as hazama, i started to notice some AI patterns during the beginning of each match, which can be predicted to make the game much easier

bang: at the start of the match, hold 4 for a split second and then immediately hold 1. bang will do a 3C sweep kick, which will be blocked and can be followed by a backthrow combo

tao: can't find a pattern here

tager: 214D~B > 623D > jump forward j.6D~D > 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D > j.214B# as fast as possible at the beginning of the match

carl: 5C > 2C > delayed 4D~A > 4D~A > 4D~D > j.214B# at start of the match

noel: 3C > 214D~C > .... at start of the match

arku: same as bang's

litchi: can't find a pattern here

jin: same as noel's

v-13: forward jump j.2C > land 3C > follow up

tsubaki: 214D~B > dash foward > [4D~A] x2 > 623D > dash 3C

hakumen: same as tsubaki's, but no dash is needed after 214D~B

hazama: same as noel's

ragna: same as hakumen's

rachel: dash 3C

any time you have an opponent cornered, you can do the following block string when they get up: 5A > 5B > 2B > 3C > delayed CH 236D (which will more than likely trick the AI to stop blocking from here on) > 5C > 2C > 4D~A (if needed) > 4D~D > j.214B#

if they don't block when they get up, you can just do 2A > 2A > 5C > 4D~A (optional) > 4D~D > j.214B#