Sign in to follow this  
stunedge

BLAZBLUE -Continuum Shift-: System Guide

No, I was also Tager. I was seriously at neutral, then held back (not backdash, just back), and just then the other tager did spark bolt, and I ate it. This has happened on more than one occasion.

It usually happens because I tech off the ground or something across the screen, then just realize that the other Tager's spark meter is full. So I go to block and then... that happens, even though I clearly anticipated it and didn't do anything but block before it reached me.

If you're talking about the icon at the end of the heat gauge, it's to signify if you are in danger state or not. If you are, it'll start flashing and your heat gauge will start slowly filling up (or fill up faster if you're Hakumen).

Yes it is SG, the crown is for winning a tourney.

But Tsujikawa has never had a crown so far despite winning all the NSBs before the latest one and some a-cho tourneys....

There must be something more to it IMO.

Tried looking for this info, but couldn't find it anywhere: How many frames long is a dash cancel? Is it specific to each character (or move), or is it a universal value?

look in the frame data for your character. iirc they're all 24F or 22F. dont quote me on that though

A few questions about pushback :

How is it calculated ?

Is it hit number dependant ? Dmg dependant ? Dmg scaling dependant ?

Thanks in advance.

A few questions about pushback :

How is it calculated ?

Is it hit number dependant ? Dmg dependant ? Dmg scaling dependant ?

Thanks in advance.

There are two things you could mean by pushback, are you talking about how far people fly when you hit them or how far they are pushed out when you block them? In either case BB doesn't really posses dynamic physics, so only two things will change what a move does to a player.

Barrier Block will push them farther away when you block an attack, whereas a Counter Hit usually has enhanced kickback properties.

But in terms of individual moves, it's pretty unique across the board, some are small and some are huge.

I meant when you hit (in a combo) you opponent.

I am pretty sure the system tends to push further the greater the number of hits/dmg scaling. I want to know how it can increase during a combo (a kind of formula would be the best... But at least defining the exact elements involved should be enough)

Also, does pushback depend on the attack level ?

I meant when you hit (in a combo) you opponent.

I am pretty sure the system tends to push further the greater the number of hits/dmg scaling. I want to know how it can increase during a combo (a kind of formula would be the best... But at least defining the exact elements involved should be enough)

Also, does pushback depend on the attack level ?

iirc this type of data isn't in any resource outside of the game itself, so you're unfortunately SOL here.

Where can I find the "A B C" button layouts before stating a match?

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?8397-The-quot-Help-Using-a-Joystick-quot-Thread

So I've been reading the frame data, specifically the cancels bit, and I get that S is special/super, J is jump, and R is Rapid, but... What's C mean?

Also, just to confirm, if we're allowed to ask daft questions, the 2F extra hit stun from a fatal counter isn't modified by proration, is it? Seems like it can't be, but I'm not sure I've ever heard a definitive yes or no, so I thought I'd ask.

Other question on damage scaling :

How does damage scaling work on multi hit moves ? (where P2 is "(once)" in frame data).

Does it mean every hit of this move have the same prorate ? Or after the first hit, every move has the same prorate adding first hit's ?

(I don't have the game at home so I can't test directly to verify)

E.G: Lambda's 6C is 125x8 dmg and P2 is 92(once).

Thus all 6C(n) = 125 x prorate ? or 6C(1) = 125 x prorate and 6C(n>1) = 125 x prorate x P2 ?

C means it cancels into itself, even on whiff.

Thanks. Weird that it would be notated with C, though. And I'll take it from the silence I've gotten that of course Fatal Counter hit stun is not affected by proration and why would I even be silly enough to ask such a question?

Other question on damage scaling :

How does damage scaling work on multi hit moves ? (where P2 is "(once)" in frame data).

Does it mean every hit of this move have the same prorate ? Or after the first hit, every move has the same prorate adding first hit's ?

(I don't have the game at home so I can't test directly to verify)

E.G: Lambda's 6C is 125x8 dmg and P2 is 92(once).

Thus all 6C(n) = 125 x prorate ? or 6C(1) = 125 x prorate and 6C(n>1) = 125 x prorate x P2 ?

I'd think it would mean that it only applies the proration once, whether one of those hits hits or all of them. So the first hit of that move that hits applies the proration, and then the next ones don't. (Unless you use the move again, obviously.)

That is normally the case, however Lambda's 5c is a special instance, as in the frame data it's noted as two separate moves, each with their own prorate:

5c (First hit) 90/99

5c followup (hits 2-8) 90/99

This means that for every hit of 5c, and extra .99 prorate will be tacked out, this can easly be seen in training mode by using 5cx8 and observing the damage of each move on the damage display. If only the first hit applied proration, the following moves in the string would deal identical damage, however this is not the case, as each 5c hit does 1 less damage than the last.

I'm not sure my question was well understood, so I will just write the answer I found by using training mode (as C0R suggested) :

When a move has multiple hits, and "once" is written in the frame data :

- First hit is calculated normally

- Second hit an more have the same dmg value, calculated normally with first move's P2.

E.G: Lambda's 6C will do:

- 125 x prorate, on first hit

- 125 x prorate x P2(6C), on every other hits

On a side note, I don't get how prorate is calculated by the game.

For instance, the example given in the System Guide of blazblue illustrates a small combo of lambda (http://www.dustloop.com/guides/bbcs2/systemGuide/systemGuide.html)

When I try to calculate automatically the combo, I get 1 dmg difference en the second zwei move. (I get 601,59906 instead of 600).

My question is : In which order does the game calculate damage scaling and when does it round values ?