Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt

[CS1] Arakune Combo Discussion Thread

which dive loop are you referring to? the one during curse is (j1a>j1c+d) x n the 100% curse dive combo is (jA>jC>j2a>dive cancel 5d) x n and end with jA>jC>JD * but the starting rep you have to adjust number of jA's and the jump type to the character. Still working out all the character specifics at the moment. After 5d though you can superjump all of them and use one or two jA's depending on character. here's a preview of some character specifics, im still working on it tager, bang, rachel: keep using superjump jAA all the way through.. dirt easy timing tao: superjump jA all the way through.. somewhat strict timing jin, noel, hazama, tsubaki: unstable as hell.. and tsubaki is near impossible.. still working on it but the timing on the dive cancel is super fast

THEEEOOOOOOORYYY FIIIIIIIIIIGHTEEEEEEEEEEERRRR :v:. 6C>RC>jD>5D>jA>jC>jD 100% curse! Works on CT, someone check if it works on CS :toot:.

yeah im sure that works, i use it all the time 6c on block rc is still good, they usually end up blocking the jD and 5D anyways

The timing, at least for Noel (I only tried it on her) its pretty tight though, she always techs before the jD hits, at least in CT.

i haven't gone through and tested every character yet. But i haven't run into any weird exceptions on this combo. Treat it like the 100% curse air throw combo

This is a stupid q? and im to lazy to look in older posts or earlier pages of this thread, but what is the input for arakunes loop in cs? What is the timing of the D and C bugs to make them hit in time?

loop is j236[C][D]>6]C[bug+6]D[bug You let go of the buttons when you're in the middle of the spinny move animation, then you can do jC>214C>j236[C][D]>6]C[bug+6]D[bug, rinse repeat.

I use another method. Instead of doing J.236(CD) I do J.236© then press D and release C. With this method I can land the J.C follow up on almost the entire cast.

Ey guys, when the guy is in cursed mode and you nail him with D Bug to set up a j6B (or was it j6A?) to 236C Loop, when is the moment (or a rough estimate) you pull out the next D Bug to continue the loop? I mostly used my eyes when using Arakune in CS when using the C-loop (I'd hit 2B, 6A just after I see the "teeth" of Ara come out from the second C attack) so it might sound silly to hear someone asking for a certain moment when to hit a certain button in a game like this... :|

THEEEOOOOOOORYYY FIIIIIIIIIIGHTEEEEEEEEEEERRRR :v:.

6C>RC>jD>5D>jA>jC>jD 100% curse!

Works on CT, someone check if it works on CS :toot:.

yeah im sure that works, i use it all the time

6c on block rc is still good, they usually end up blocking the jD and 5D anyways

Hmmm... I gotta learn to use RC more... :gonk: I can just imagine what this looks like...

Ey guys, when the guy is in cursed mode and you nail him with D Bug to set up a j6B (or was it j6A?) to 236C Loop, when is the moment (or a rough estimate) you pull out the next D Bug to continue the loop?

I mostly used my eyes when using Arakune in CS when using the C-loop (I'd hit 2B, 6A just after I see the "teeth" of Ara come out from the second C attack) so it might sound silly to hear someone asking for a certain moment when to hit a certain button in a game like this... :|

What I take it to mean is that when in 236C you call out the next D bug. Halfway during the animation of 236C works best for me (even for calling C bug and D bug to add j.C>214C teleport).

What about that combo they've been doing lately? 6A>5D>IAD(no cancel I think)jA>jA>jB(?)>5A>6B>j6D Is that the input?

i haven't been able to land it consistently.. but the input according to jp wiki is 6a>5d>iad jA>j4a>j4b>5a>6b>j6d if you j4a all of them 5a will usually whiff.. if you don't j4a at all you'll end up going back up

About that taunt loop, I totally get it. The A bug hits while D bug is going down, has no real effect on the process, its just a single dive loop with a dive canceled taunt thrown in so you can taunt people while you combo them. If you've ever released the C+D for dive loop too early so you dont do the 2nd dive, you will know what this looks like. I already do the normal 2 hit dive loop and advance pinwheel loop while i combo, I would so throw a taunt in there just to do it! PS: Upon further study, you don't have to dive cancel to do this combo.

you kinda brought it upon urself if u take it to taunting the opponent, when it's not even needed, while comboing. Even though I would never ragequit anyways.

things are getting quiet in here again... okay newest jp wiki discussion is 6a>5d combos 6A>5D>236236C>etc works on almost everyone but weird things sometime happen on rachel, tsubaki, hazama, and on tager you can't adjust beam to push them higher variation 1: 6A>5D>(RC)>walk forward 5D>IAD JA>J4A>JA>5A>6B>J6D (50% meter, 100% curse, 1737 damage, has the same problems on rachel, tsubaki, hazama, but okay on tager) variation 2: 6A>5D>(RC)>5C>JA>JC>J2A dive cancel 5D>JA>JC>JD (untested but issues with hazama)

About that taunt loop, I totally get it. The A bug hits while D bug is going down, has no real effect on the process, its just a single dive loop with a dive canceled taunt thrown in so you can taunt people while you combo them.

If you've ever released the C+D for dive loop too early so you dont do the 2nd dive, you will know what this looks like.

I already do the normal 2 hit dive loop and advance pinwheel loop while i combo, I would so throw a taunt in there just to do it!

PS: Upon further study, you don't have to dive cancel to do this combo.

これをしましょう。

things are getting quiet in here again...

okay newest jp wiki discussion is 6a>5d combos

6A>5D>236236C>etc works on almost everyone but weird things sometime happen on rachel, tsubaki, hazama, and on tager you can't adjust beam to push them higher

variation 1:

6A>5D>(RC)>walk forward 5D>IAD JA>J4A>JA>5A>6B>J6D (50% meter, 100% curse, 1737 damage, has the same problems on rachel, tsubaki, hazama, but okay on tager)

variation 2:

6A>5D>(RC)>5C>JA>JC>J2A dive cancel 5D>JA>JC>JD (untested but issues with hazama)

Looks really interesting, but for the first variation, shouldn't a ja>jb>jc>jd work better after the air dash, I've seen jb used to get a bit closer for the jc to hit, sounds a bit easier.

I have a question on arakune's loops in CS. Is there a difference between the dive loop and the pinwheel loop like damage wise? Like which is better? Or is it just based on preference? Does he have anymore loops besides dive and pinwheel?