Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt

[CS1] Arakune Combo Discussion Thread

Summon in neutral, if you summon while in the 8 direction while doing jC, it still counts as neutral. If C bug gets blocked, it could mean that either you didn't summon close enough to the ground or you didn't tap the jC. fast enough.The tap should almost be twitchlike fast

BTW, if anyone is practicing this combo in training mode, remember to put the opponent in crouch or the combo time of jC. and C bug hitting becomes even hardder.

Side note to Copper on 5c 100% curse combo. Yea, tried it out today, works like a charm, thanks. I suggest ppl who got dive loops down to practice it

5c jc jA jC j.2A dive cancel 5D SJ j.A j.C j.2A dive cancel 5D j.6A j.6A 236c RC jC jD

Can that connect without fatal counter 5C? So far I can get the first dive cancel 5D into the j.A > j.C > dive, but the second dive cancel doesn't connect so I usually go for j.D instead of going for the dives again.

Is there different timing for super jump dive cancel and normal jump dive cancel? I've been practice 2c fatal on some of the cast. For example on Hazama, 2cFC, 5a, j.a, j.b, j.c, b dive, 5d, if i sj here I can't dive cancel, but if I do normal jump I can continue. Kinda confuse because I can sj some dive cancel and it still works.

As for challenge 10, I wasn't able to connect j.c with c bug, so I held c down before the combo. If I delay the b teleport, I was able to link the b bug to d bug, but the 'no command' wouldn't light up. If I don't delay the b teleport, they were able to tech before d bug hit, so I did 4b bug instead of neutral.

Is there different timing for super jump dive cancel and normal jump dive cancel? I've been practice 2c fatal on some of the cast. For example on Hazama, 2cFC, 5a, j.a, j.b, j.c, b dive, 5d, if i sj here I can't dive cancel, but if I do normal jump I can continue. Kinda confuse because I can sj some dive cancel and it still works.

As for challenge 10, I wasn't able to connect j.c with c bug, so I held c down before the combo. If I delay the b teleport, I was able to link the b bug to d bug, but the 'no command' wouldn't light up. If I don't delay the b teleport, they were able to tech before d bug hit, so I did 4b bug instead of neutral.

I went ahead and made a little tutorial on how to do it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyBkFBnHrHg

Hope it helps

There's a few places that things can go wrong. It's not so much the timing being different for super jump and normal jump, the combo used is different. The number of JA's and 5A's required changes depending on how how close you are after hitting 2C FC. I haven't had time to finish my guide yet but for your example on Hazama.

2Cfc>5A>5A>JA>JB>JC>B dive>dive cancel>5D>(jc)JA>JC>A dive>dive cancel>5D>(hjc)>JA>JC>JD (100%) - for close up

2Cfc>5A>JA>JB>JC>B dive>dive cancel>5D>(jc)>JA>JA>JC>A dive>dive cancel>5D>(hjc)>JA>JC>JD (100%) - for further away

There are timing variations on certain characters with needing to delay the jump cancel or delay the JA's. The other issue is if you change sides(all the lighter ones) or you 2C FC the opponent point blank(tao) the combo needs to be changed slightly for certain characters. Finally a few are just really messed up special cases (hakumen) or simply doesn't work (Carl, Rachel)

There's a few places that things can go wrong. It's not so much the timing being different for super jump and normal jump, the combo used is different. The number of JA's and 5A's required changes depending on how how close you are after hitting 2C FC. I haven't had time to finish my guide yet but for your example on Hazama.

2Cfc>5A>5A>JA>JB>JC>B dive>dive cancel>5D>(jc)JA>JC>A dive>dive cancel>5D>(hjc)>JA>JC>JD (100%) - for close up

2Cfc>5A>JA>JB>JC>B dive>dive cancel>5D>(jc)>JA>JA>JC>A dive>dive cancel>5D>(hjc)>JA>JC>JD (100%) - for further away

Do those have to be normal jump? I am able to dive cancel if I normal jump that part, but unable to if I hjc it. Is it a height issue where the dive hits? For example on ragna I do:

2cfc > 5a > ja > ja > jc > a dive > dive cancel > 5d >(hjc) > ja > jc > a dive > dive cancel > 5d > (hjc) > ja > jc > jd: this works

2cfc > 5a > ja > ja > jc > a dive > dive cancel > 5d >(hjc) > ja > ja > jc > a dive > dive cancel > 5d > (hjc) > ja > jc > jd: The 2nd dive cancel isn't able to come out

Both version are the same except an extra ja, but the dive still hits them, so I'm not sure why it doesn't come out.

yeah those are supposed to be normal jumps

when you superjump you end up further when you come down on the dive and depend on the characters ground hitbox you may not be able to get a dive cancel out so its basically where the dive hits

basically certain hitboxes on the edges it's too thin and there's not enough frames for the dive cancel to come out.. hence no dive cancel and you actually land from the A dive and your stuck recovering and unable to 5D

If you do a 5c, between the down and up of the d bug, you can helicopter loop mu. So the inputs would be like whatever > 236c> 6cd bug > 6bug hit > 6d bug down > 5c > 6d bug up > continue

I made some random combos during curse since I'm incapable of the bird loop and don't want to randomly mash bugs to win:

Jump > 3A > 3bd bugs > 5c bug (Must be done immediately after the A dive starts) > wait for D bug to shoot up > 6C > 5C > 2C

6C > 5CD (tap) > 2C > 6C (done just as the D bug comes back up) > 6C > 5C > 2C

Not sure how much damage those do, but they're pretty effective if you can't do the more advanced combos Arakune has.

You might as well learn Arakune's best shit.

It's all pretty simple as long as you practice it enough.

The harder part is the mixups and that's still pretty fucking easy after hitting training mode.

I made some random combos during curse since I'm incapable of the bird loop and don't want to randomly mash bugs to win:

"Jump > 3A > 3bd bugs > 5c bug (Must be done immediately after the A dive starts) > wait for D bug to shoot up > 6C > 5C > 2C

6C > 5CD (tap) > 2C > 6C (done just as the D bug comes back up) > 6C > 5C > 2C "

Not sure how much damage those do, but they're pretty effective if you can't do the more advanced combos Arakune has.

Real talk, this is more complicated than any of Arakune's best stuff right now.

Guys, i found a 100% curse combo makoto specific no RC no FC. It's a lil unstable, but here it is. 5c>jc>jA>jC>j2A>j2B>5d>jc>jA>jB>jC>j2B>j2A>5d>jc>jA>jC>jD sometimes the j2B will whiff, othertimes my jC at the end will whiff, hence it's a lil unstable. God bless her messed up hit box

Whats so hard about j236c cdbug 5c repeat?

The second combo was the C loop from CT minus the a and b bugs. I don't know what's so hard about that.

The first one was a bit harder to explain. Basically, you do the A dive, but press A B and D at the same time to generate all three bugs. Then cancel into the B dive (while also summoning the 5C bug). Then you should be able to go into the C loop, although only once.

I've haven't really given the bird loop the attention I should be, but which bugs am I supposed to summon, and when?

6c loops don't do any damage so dont' bother.

Wheel loops are pretty essential to arakune's game. It's not that hard to do. Quick review:

236C(hold 6CD)>release 6C and 6D together on the way down>6c bug hits>6d bug hts>move opponent*>5c>6D bug pops them up>normal jump straight up and repeat

-note on the height you catch them with the 6C bug though changes how you move the opponent:

1. If it's low to ground walk the opponent forward by just walking forward then 5c them but thats optional

2. If the bug catches high you wont' be able to walk them up as you'll walk under. Do jump 214C to move them. JC>214C is optional

Just repeat this until your almost end of curse or reach the corner.

See recent hima combo vid. The vid is just demonstrating the biggest damage starters but the loops and endings are pretty much set in stone.

Wow, awesome video! So whats the difference between the pinwheel loop hima uses and the one they teach you in arakunes challenge mode? Should I forget about the challenge mode one and learn hima's?

Thanks

Wow, awesome video! So whats the difference between the pinwheel loop hima uses and the one they teach you in arakunes challenge mode? Should I forget about the challenge mode one and learn hima's?

Thanks

The one in challenge mode uses JC>214C to move them forward and was the loop people used before.

It's not used as much now but is still useful if you timed your 6C bug early you'll have to jC>j214C or just j214C to move them forward as you wont' be able to walk them up because of the height.

But in general yeah learn hima's loop and you'll be fine.

It's not used as much now but is still useful if you timed your 6C bug early you'll have to jC>j214C or just j214C to move them forward as you wont' be able to walk them up because of the height.

I saw j214C>5C in one video before, since it does a little more damage I'd say its a better option for such case. I don't know if its stable on all the characters though.

I have been almost exclusively using 5c now, so far I haven't had trouble using it on any characters, hell I even use it on Mu to make the loop possible...It almost feels like using 5c makes the loop more stable then using 214c or just walking them...generally I walk them while d bug is going down and inbetween hits I add the 5c. Except in the corner of course, where you can do 2 5c's...

the dive cancel is pretty much the same in CT as in CS except it only works on hit hence why you see it on combos only now where as before you see it in block strings.

Your doing j2a then after you hit them and just before you land you cancel into j2b which won't come out since you'll land and it cancels the recovery frames of the dive. You then follow with 5d/5b/whatever.

So button wise, it's j2a>hit opponent>cancel into j2b>land (cancels j2b's recovery)>5d/5b

It's also not specific to any dive. You can dive cancel into any dive you haven't used in yet. Normally you can do each dive once, ie J2a>j2b>j2c.

ie. j2b>hit opponent> cancel into j2a>land(cancels j2a's recofery)>5d/5b

That should shed some light for you.

I was just about to ask but, you are a godsend sir! Cheers