Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt

[CS1] Arakune Combo Discussion Thread

Very nice.

I was wondering how long it would have taken to read the obvious bursts.

here's that high air throw>j2a>j2c>B dive cancel 5d>jA>(jB)>jC>jD

brought to us by hima for zong who asked earlier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qun2uoFh5e8&playnext_from=TL&videos=AJmJ-2MHCbg

0:29 full combo

3:19 burst out after 5d

I'm not sure if there's a minimum height but this situation happens quite a bit in some matchups. Off the top of my head arakune mirrors, tao, rachel where the opponents always superjumping or floating.

there's been an update on the jp wiki with some character specific variations involving B dive... I've never seen it done and I haven't tested them yet but it's interesting

2A > 2C> delay RC 5d>

(jc)> jA> jC> A dive> dive cancel 5d> (hjc)> jA> jC> jD (ragna, hazama, tsubaki, lambda)

(jc)> jC> A dive> dive cancel 5d> (hjc)> jA> jC> jD (jin, arakune, bang, hakumen)

(hjc)> jA> jC> A dive> dive cancel 5d> (hjc)> jA> jC> jD (tager, taokaka, litchi, bang)

noel, rachel, carl 70% only, 100% unstable

2CFC > 5A>

jA> jC> A dive> dive cancel 5d> (jc)> jA> JC> A dive> dive cancel 5d> (hjc)> jA> jC> jD (ragna, litchi, noel, lambda)

5A> jA> jB> jC> B dive> dive cancel 5d> (jc)> jA> jC> A dive> dive cancel 5d> (hjc)> jA> jC> jD (hazama, tsubaki)

jA> jC> A dive> dive cancel 5d> (hjc)> jA> JC> A dive> dive cancel 5d> (hjc)> jA> jC> jD (tager, bang, taokaka)

5A> jA> jB> jC> B dive> dive cancel 5d> (jc)> jA> JC> A dive> dive cancel 5d> (hjc)> jC> jD (jin)

hakumen, rachel, carl 70% only, 100% unstable

Thanks, Kou!

You're awesome.

EDIT- Noel's air hitbox is the bane of my existence!

Whoa shit, that looks hot.

tested the 2c fc combos on hazama and tsubaki with the B dive variations today and they worked great!!

tried the jin one a few times but kept dropping it, need to test more

yeah the B dive variation makes the 2c FC dive cancel combo stable on tsubaki, hazama and jin. The first B dive puts them at the right distance for the rest of the combo.

Normally on these 3 characters you'll either whiff the A dive or you'll land in a way where you don't' have enough time for the 5d to come out unless the distance was perfect to begin with. The B dive in the first rep corrects this by hitting them in the middle.

Tested on jin last night too with some success. The wiki says to end with superjump jC>jD on jin but superjump jA>jC>jD seemed to work fine too.

here's a pro combo sighting that was posted on the jp wiki before as super difficult

0:35 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npJrG6YYpf8

6a > 5d > iad j4a > ja > 2a > 5b > 5d > iad j4a > ja > 5a >6b > j6d

Can also be started from other things like 2a > 5b > 5d, CH JB(2hit)>(J4C cancel)>5b>5d

Won't work on noel, hakumen or bang. They're very strict but worth a try.

Very nice.

Hey kou can you experiment with jb > 5d on crouching opponents.

I've seen it land as a legit combo, but only on CH, I wanna know if it will work on normal hit...

I updated the original post. I added stuff all the way up to page 38. Half of it is posts or straight up copy and pasting. I'll make it look nicer soon. Sorry for being lazy today :O.

Also, kou I gave recognition for all the stuff you added since you are the Arakune combo MASTAH!

hmm i haven't had the time to test that for you skye but from the jp wiki.. it's from the advanced combo section because jB's # of hits makes a difference to what you can and cannot do in the combo

jB>5d works on CH and on tager, full 5 hits

jB(3)>5b>5d works on specific characters if it's less then 3 hits

jB(3)>5d works on CH or less then 3 hits

My interest has gotten back into this game since the cast over all looks a lot more polished and balanced(sort of) and the defensive options in the actual system have improved greatly(burst's and barrier).

I'm keeping with Arakune because he is the sauce by default. The question I have is: How do you guys(CS Kune players) feel about Arakune's (curse) combo difficulty? I had a rought time with the staple 6c loops in CT for some reason and from what i've seen in CS big damage combos seem a bit easier and have less strict timing to them.

Am I wrong?

You are not wrong, it is easier.

The mix up to get Dbug to hit and get j.C starter is the hard part, and even that's not that hard.

And he's my sub. If you mained him, you'd probably catch back up pretty damn quick.

I dunno. I get 9/10k combos in actual matches. So it's all good. :]

Honestly, the new curse combos are not that difficult to do. The real hard part is getting the curse in the first place (unless you get lucky with an air throw). His non-curse combos can be pretty difficult to do, with the hardest being the j.2a dive-cancel 5D combos. But you can get those reliably with enough practice.

j.2A 5D is godlike.

Character specifics are hard though, but all in due time, of course!

Dabbit, CDC revenge mirrors all day! I'm waiting for you.

I'll learn the FCH Arakune specifics just for you! >:l

Yeah curse combos are easy. Mostly just getting to curse can be hard. Pressuring during curse takes getting used to.

Been testing character specifics on beam super>dive combo and variants. Expect an update soon.

yeah pretty much anywhere. It depends what you do before it and the number of hits of the beam super you hit them with.

Haha, cool. So I'm guessing wakeup CH beam super will be fine. >:3

I'll be looking forward to what you come up with.

EDIT- Hey Kou, you seem to be able to help me with everything. Have you seen..

Ok weird, I can't find the video. I'll post later if I do.

It's vs. Noel.

FCH2C > 5A > 8j.A > j.C > A dive cancel > 5D > etc.

Is she the only character you jump straight up against? Most characters are 9j.A, I know. But are there others besides Noel that require 8j.A for the j.2A not to whiff?

Just a weird thing I noticed. Sorry if it's been covered before.

I don't' recall that vid but noel's hitbox is weird. From 2c FC the regular bnb dive combo with 9j.A works but there's a few reasons they might do 8j.A.

Depending on the distance of when they catch with 5a they may be adjusting the distance before the dive. Noel's kinda weird and if your too close to her you'll fail the dive cancel. You need to be around her knee area with jA>jC etc to get the dive cancel 5d.

Much appreciated ZONG_one!

can't wait for it to finally come out so i don't have to play SSFIV anymore by force.

Haha, cool. Can't wait to play with you. Well, lag might be bad, but w/e.

Also, with 8j.A on Noel, if you don't hjC the 5D after dive cancel, you get another j.A > j.C if you don't hjc.

I think you can either j.D from there, or A dive cancel > 5D again.

But from there, she teched before third follow up of any kind.