Sign in to follow this  
Koozebanian Fazoob

Raoh Yells and Breaks Your Face

Combo related question, how many hits makes j.214D stop working immediately after 2C? Pretty much what I'm doing (since I don't really care about getting better too much, in all reality) is 5D 623C E C AC8 A C j.214D 2A 2A 5B 5C 2C jc j.214D 2A 2A etc. I would learn how to not use 623C in combos, but eh, I like bar. Plus I usually have at least one charge so it'll take off the star and all. I find that j.A j.C j.214D is universal and gets the extra damage, but I could be extremely wrong. By the way, I suck at wall combos. I even use 623C in wall combos and don't bother de-re-debouncing at all. I really need to learn stuff, haha.

That would be hilarious if it were true. If that were true I would rather see Zappa's Raoh use a sword during Bellow's Malice or instead see Hnk Raoh use a hammer as one of his attacks. But hey they both have a cape as well as own anybody who dares challenge them. :grin: But at this point its only speculation,

Roah is "Lightning King" in the sense of Zappa's summon where Roah from Hokuto No Ken is just a strong name given to him to represent his authority. Also Roah is an already made up "character" through Japaneses history that is used in many animes and games. not sure about the game part but it is in a few (like GG for example)

Combo related question, how many hits makes j.214D stop working immediately after 2C?

Somewhere around 15 usually. After that I wouldn't bet on landing it.

As an example, this combo will land:

2C > jc.214D |> 2A 2B C 2C > jc.214D |> 2A 2B C 2C > jc.214D

I did a minor update on the first post. I should probably clean it up a lot more sooner or later. Most importantly, added a section about comboing off the j.214D. Short and simple. :I:

hehe thanks I was like where'd my thread go D: but, thanks for the help :] ima keep practicing it.

Can someone give me a good beginning of a combo, (not a combo but an easy opening for a combo)is difficult to find an opening although i can do decent combo's with raoh but i dont get the chance for it (find an opening) and the 2a, 2b, 5d, 623C, gives me a hard time because after 5d the 623C wont come out as much as i want to, can some one help me with an easy opening for a combo? And a nother thing its hard to counter with raoh al my attacks comes out slowly everytime i want to counter like for example if some one makes a mistake he's still faster then me. Thanx in advance guys.

That's pretty much the combo of choice, except you want to use 2A 2B 5D CD instead once you can learn the fist cancel for it. If you are too far away, just skip the 2A, it doesn't hit low anyway, it's just fast. Good starters for combos are IAD j.D and IAD j.B really. Standard overhead stuff. Throw is also pretty good since there are some good throw setups to be had. 6B is good against people who block a lot, so is using AB or trying to frame trap with CD charge. For playing on the defensive, always always keep at least one charge stocked. His 623A when charged is an absolutely ridiculous DP.

A couple random (and maybe useless, heh) 0-star FKOs: c5c can link into FKO pretty easily. Edit: You can also do this with f5D if you follow up by doing 2D and kara-cancelling into the FKO (same as the CD setup.) 2D can link into FKO situationally per character. For example, vs Kenshiro, if he is not inside a corner, you can just go 2D->FKO and it will hit (before he can tech.) It catches him out of mid-air so it looks real goofy too (he freezes in his standing get-hit animation about a character height above ground, hah.) If Ken is inside the corner though, the FKO will whiff (he's too high.) Against Shin, you can hit him if he's inside the corner, or if you boost into 2D (the momentum will push you a bit forward after the super flash, giving you just enough reach.) On Souther, it doesn't seem to work at all ever. Bonus useless combo! You can combo into Tensho Honretsu after a banishing strike if you are distant from the corner (similar to Shin CD->6->AB combo.) You won't get the sexy counterhit damage, though.

Thanx for the fast reply Gwyrgyn, il see to it performing IAD as an opening. It seems IAD is very important for a pressure string to find an opening, i tried that charging 623A and its a good opening for a combo. I still have a lot to learn though.

Learning to IAD is really important for everyone in the game, so I'd advise you practice it like a machine until you can do it perfectly. Also learn to IAD from a jump cancel too, like do Raoh's 2C and try to IAD off of it.

Also learn to do this: http://www.dragoninstall.com/junk/Raoh-Throw.avi

I've been using these setups a lot lately and they are in fact very useful.

Much credit for your effort for trying to explain to me some good setups, already used some of your combo beginnings like 623A, IAD is starting to come out beter and beter. I watched the video altough i am not ready for the complete set up but the grab alone is a good setup for a combo, il try that out. What i experienced about other characters they are more easy to begin with like shin, souther, kenshiro, rei. I used rei and kenshiro, and they have some easy setups (good opening)for a combo. I think raoh is not for beginners, but when you master him bit by bit i think he can be a BEAST at the end.

I found a very interesting thing about the banishing strike and did some research in the raoh topic and in the odds and ends topic. (And yes i know this was mentioned before but i still dont understand). So i tried it for my self. But with no succes. So i came back here to reread it all again, still no succes. Its about canceling f.d into CD, here is a video tutorial link pay attention from 01:12: http://youtube.com/watch?v=GUM5x8fDOUA it seems so easy but its not i dont understand what it means to "kara cancel" from third strike. Can someone explain to me how to properly connect (kara cancel) CD after f.D in simple words? thanx in advance.

Actually any moves cancelable into CD will do, not only 2D, so if u are missing the input with the 2D tecnique maybe u can try using farD --> A-2CD or C-2CD or B-2CD, remember to roll your fingers very fast after farD connects

I saw some videos from Pharaon92i and one got my attention here is a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObMl5cTOnXI&mode=related&search=

Since i play Raoh and want to proceed to bigger combo's i found some difficulties, if you watch from 00:07 to 00:09 he does 2C+E then he jumpes back/up then forward/down + j.B, 214D.

I tried it my self but i could not pull it off i tried IAD back and forward then j.B i also tried

jump + E then j.B in order to connect to 214D all of them failed. So my question is what is the exact way to perform this kind of jump? (input terms) as you can see in the video after 2C+E. So any help is much needed thanx in advance.

Hmmm... look in the first post, Gwyrg described it in one of the combos: (...) 2A 2B C C+D 6, 2C > jc.IAD Boost j.B 214D, etc There's no 2C+E, you do C+D, 6, 2C, than cancel the 2C into 96(iad), boost, j.B... I personally like to do 96 E+B. :toot: And a new question to Gwyrgyn or anyone: what combo are you guys using on Shin and other hard-to-do-the100% characters?

Sign in to follow this