Sign in to follow this  
Koozebanian Fazoob

Raoh Yells and Breaks Your Face

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Raoh cancelling far D into CD in the vids, which is normally impossible. It allows Raoh to use his ludicrously damaging blowback wall bounce combo almost anywhere on the screen, which is very good for Raoh. Less good for the opponent. Normally, far D can't combo into CD. However, it DOES combo into 2D, which in turn combos into CD. It's a kara cancel from 2D to CD. You have to do it fairly quickly, but it doesn't seem to be as strict as, say, SF3's. Also remember that a successful CD ground hit gives you an automatic 1 bar of boost to use to pursue, even if you normally have 0 boost. For the defense, HnK has defense and offense ratings. Raoh is highest in both of these, which means he has the highest amount of defense and his normals do more damage compared to other characters. Thouther has the worst defense rating. About damage scaling: There seems to be no prorating at all in this game, so combos do the same amount of damage whether they start from, say, close C as opposed to 2B. Damage scaling seems to be entirely based on number of hits, which is why that far D -> CD combo is so much more useful than the far D -> 623C combo which Raohs normally used before. When charged up with Donryokuhou, all of Raoh's C attacks and his 2D can be charged. j.C, close C and far C blow back. 2C floats the opponent high, and can be jump cancelled. 2D floats the opponent towards you, just at the right angle for a grave shoot. Also remember that C to IK is a late cancel, and if you don't want to risk it, you can always do C->2D->IK (hits in the air) or C->CD->autoboost IK.

For the spike: Air spike has 2 frames of leniency to connect a 2A afterwards. Ground spike and burning ground spike are much easier, somewhere along the lines of 4 to 5 frames? The Rei infinite is extremely easy, and there're a surprising amount of situations where it can go in (sit confirm far D boost 214D). A more damaging version of the blowback combo is: CD, autoboost far D, AC, TK 236C(boost), 2C, j.B(rising), j.B(falling), 214D, 2A,2B,C,AC, blahblahblah. The height which the grave shoot floats to is entirely based on the air combo height acheived prior to the grave shoot, which is why it's hard to do after you've already done an air spike before. In this case, it floats to almost normal height, allowing you to mash more hits in. Also, if you have trouble doing the low air spike after a previous air spike or musou insatsu, try C->2C->AC to float instead of just C->AC. 2C bounces the opponent into the air, making the grave shoot hit the opponent in midair, giving you just that little bit more leeway.

I've already commented on the D > CD glitch before (in the odds and ends thread) and written out those combos that are used with it earlier in this thread. Guess I forgot to follow up in this thread. Know anything about a glitch IAD with Raoh? In vids I see of him, he seems to IAD really fast and fall at a diagonal while dashing forward.

I dunno if this is what you mean, but there's no height restraint for IAD in this game, which means that all characters can iad extremely low to the ground. Good examples of this are Raoh and Toki. They have very short air dashes, so they start falling quicker than, say, Rei. Raoh in particular starts to fall as soon as he finishes his starting airdash animation, so that might be what you saw.

Seems to me that boost only cancels if you're making contact with the other person.

I am actually not 100% sure on this.

Boosting after you've hit certainly cancels the move, but I don't know about only hitting moves being boost cancellable.

For instance, if you try boosting Souther's grounded cross projectile, sometimes it seems that you can start acting earlier than normal.

As last seen in the recent vids: If Raoh gets his air sai (or ground, but the situation mostly occurs in the air sai) in the opponent when they're in the corner, the opponent gets pushed away much faster than if he was sai-ed in the field, keeping Raoh from mashing 2A as much as he usually does. In order to combat that, Raohs now use 2A 2B C CD when in the corner, then autoboost 2C IAD j.B 214D to re-sai in a position slightly outside the corner, allowing them to continue their combos normally. If you don't understand what I mean, check the most recent vids on the vid thread. :P

If you have good reflexes, you can 623A a guard cancel on reaction. It's a huge float + 1 star, jump up to spike for another star (the 623A has grave shoot properties on CH), come down to combo into blowback for another star. Feel like humiliating the opponent? Take out all his stars, wait for a guard cancel and 236CD. The upper-body super armor will ignore the guard cancel and IK the opponent.

Raoh 100% combo (worked on Rei, dunno about anyone else) Requires 0 boost, 0 aura to work. CD(boost)>D>623A(boost)>c.C>2C>IAD j.C>j.A(land)>j.A>j.C(land)>IAD j.B>j.214D(land)>2A>2B>c.C>CD(boost)>2C>vertical jump+instant boost j.B>j.214D(land)>2Ax11>c.D>AC>vertical jump j.D(1hit)>j.214D(land)>2A>2B>C>AC>vertical jump j.A>j.214D(land)>2Ax11>2B>C>CD(boost)>214214A>OTG 2Bx7

CD gives an auto boost when you press forward, remember? Also, you can use multiple boosts with one bar if you use them while the bar is still in the process of depleting.

and also i think he got that combo from that 100% combo at the kuuronn site.

Yup, I did. Tried it out, kills chars like Souther and Mamiya before they even get to the cloak super :P

I was pretty sure you couldn't get the second free bar from auto-boost because the meter doesn't build up after you've boosted recently. If you just get a free bar of boost every time you blow back, seems to me like you could have some pretty easy infinites just knocking people onto the wall over and over. Edit: Well I guess not. It's funny because I'm not sure if shit like this is making the game more broken or less. Does this combo work if you start it from say... 2AA 2B D C+D ? Or just from C+D only? He's got plenty of others that come off the combo into blowback, but they are more like ~60-70% from what I've seen.

You only get a free boost from a grounded blowback, or if the CD is the combo starter. Which means you have to get the sai in them first to do it again. Hit pushback increases with every hit in a corner blowback combo, so eventually you'd get pushed back too far to get the sai in after an air hit, even if you used a boost. 2 loops of 2A>2B>C>CD(boost)>2C>IAD j.2B>j.214B is pretty much the absolute limit that I could manage from a normal combo starter (IAD j.B>2A>2B>D>CD(boost)>D>tk j.236C(boost)>2C>IAD j.2B>j.214B), and I had to use a boost the second time around. So your worries of an easy infinite have been put to rest. The combo in the vid hits for more than 6~70% because Raoh stuffs in a lot of heavy attacks before the scaling really kicks in (damage scaling reduces all hits to their minimum damage after 8 hits) and he manages to get in an absurd amount of hits anyway.

Notice how at the end of that combo, the gravity on Rei is so extreme that Raoh manages to squeeze in 7 d.LKs as JUGGLING hits. Yay for optimization.

To be fair, a C+D isn't the most practical thing for Raoh to start a combo with. USUALLY he lands with a j.B or a 2A... which means you lose a ton of damage just gattling to f.D C+D. Still, Raoh does a lot of damage assuming you can connect a 30 second long combo.

Say you have one aura bar, no boost, opponent is at full health but has no stars. You've just landed a crossover iad.B, but you know the distance isn't right for a f.D->CD combo. In this situation, you can combo into 2A->2B->2D, then musou insatsu. Your opponent is floated. Followup with a j.D (which will do 2 hits). Do not spike. Instead, land and immediately input 236CD. Your opponent is OTGed and dies. It's a great way to kill your opponent. Works anywhere, is easy, and gives your opponent that profound sense of "Why the hell does that work?"

Sign in to follow this