Sign in to follow this  
RedBeard

Pokes/FRCs/Specials: Tricks and Uses

Hey, nice find bro! But From-Jump Jump Installs have always been around. Bummer, bro.

Happens for the same reasons all the other Jump Installs work. Not to mention almost everything single other glitch in the game.

This JI page for anyone else still in the dark.

http://www.dustloop.com/ggac/tech/ji.html

Just a little trick I discovered today in training mode. You can jump install (or super jump) any ground move of Johnny's without having to MC or JI via combo.

How? Simply input an attack while landing from a standard single jump, no need to combo off of a j.HS or anything.

Jump, land -> 623S = JI DBT

Jump, land, 2S, 5HS ->JI transport

Even 6K or 3HS will carry the jump install.

I guess the changes to I-no's dash carried over to other characters.

Nope...this has been around for awhile, hasn't it? Any time you jump and don't end up using your double jump, you can land do something without going neutral and you can keep that previous extra jump for later as a SJI or a JI within a move like a transport.

@4r5: good thing about playing in japan is that there is no coin to listen to, everything is so loud around you at the arcade

didnt know about ggac running "2 frames" faster but i did feel like something was off.

Hey guys can someone give me a list of some uses for tkDB? I've been randomly practicing it in Training Mode but idk if this technique has any practical use outside of a gimmick of some sort.

Bait a counter-throw attempt and use tkDB to counter their counter-throw. FRC to make safe on wrong guess, turns into mixups instead. You can also use tkKJ. You get a combo, sometimes/somecharacters, on FRC and it builds GB+ on block. But you end up so high into the air, you don't really get a good mixup afterwards.

i use it as a meaty also a good way to preemptively beat potbuster, though you'd best hope if he does a heavenly that you're just getting to your active frames.

So I did some messing around with RC'd Jackhound in training mode. Turns out that it has three distinct results:

1. If you do it as soon as possible, Johnny will have only inched forward a tiny bit while your opponent is pulled towards you. Good for ticking throws as well as putting them right in coin range.

2. If you do it a tiny bit later, Johnny appears right in front of the opponent. A bit more readable as a tick throw, but it allows you to reset ground strings.

3. If you do it late, Johnny will be behind them. I believe it puts them at optimal range for f.S > 6HS to combo on crouching opponents.

And just in case it's not known already, 2D > JH RC is a free air combo if you don't have a lvl 2 MF ready or if you're out of coins.

5K > c.S > 2D > JH RC (any of the three mentioned) > jK jS jc jK jS jD ensenga does 195 damage on May. Not stellar, but it can be enough to close the match.

While the whole idea costs 75 tension, I think it's still a good option to keep on hand.

Also:

If you want a hella ambiguous crossup post-OD, just straight up do DBT. If you do DB out of DBT as fast as possible, it's non-crossup. If you delay by just a frame or two, it becomes crossup.

KJt (or is it JT? I can never remember which is which) will do the same job, but I think it's better because you are safer on block, you can catch a back dash, and you can probably convert it into damage if you JI'd and FRC it. However, I don't know if it's an ambiguous cross up or not. I recall it as one, but I can't say for sure atm.

2D>MSJH, K-c.S>JC aircombo

Works at max 2D range and corner, or character with wide hitboxes. Not corner or not wide characters you can sometimes get 2D>MSJH, K-H>DBT>DB(frc), KJ(frc), into some sort of aircombo. On heavy characters you can do something like: 2D>MSJH, K-f.S>MSJH, f.S>MSJH. Actually, iirc, on most characters you can do c.S after a 2D>MSJH, straight into aircombo.

While on the subject of RCing Jackhound. 1hit setups that give you enough time to force a block with 3H after the mist, you can do some serious guard bar jacking with: 3H(2)>JH>RC, 3HS(2)>Mist Finer. After that, a standard KillerJoker combo is like 300 damage, give or take.

For all intents and purposes, KillerJoker is the DivineBlade replacement. I probably only mentioned DivineBlade cause that's what I've been doing since forever. KillerJoker has a little bit more startup than DivineBlade, so there's probably a few thin characters and/or tight setups that you can't do a crossup/fake-crossup with.

Question regarding using JI during MC pressure ala K-JI-HS-KJ(frc) into mixup; what is the ideal spacing for setting this up? Most times I attempt it I land close enough to the opponent to get thrown or hit out of my landing. I'm trying to continue pressure after the KJ frc with jHS for now, even though I know there are tons of options after (DB frc, AD, etc.).

mash j.K right after you frc.

or, be hella baller and gold burst.

MSJH causes more stagger and untechable frames than standard JH. If you really want a lot, you should do MS > dash > JH during the dash, although the untechable and stagger frame difference is greatest between JH and MSJH.

MSJH causes more stagger and untechable frames than standard JH. If you really want a lot, you should do MS > dash > JH during the dash, although the untechable and stagger frame difference is greatest between JH and MSJH.

it's also significantly faster (over twice as fast)....

that's excluding the MS start up.

Sign in to follow this