Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Iron Tager Video Thread

the best is when you get to do them mid screen because the other guy keeps forward teching at you...

bless my dumb, unlearning opponents...

Stop pressing buttons on Rachel's oki.

Mmm, one thing id say is try not to auto pilot 6c to AC specially when the 6b is blocked.

also, stop wasting your spark bolts... you seem to shoot them as soon as you can and they almost always get blocked/dodged. the threat of a possible spark bolt puts you in a much better position than a few seconds of mag, usually.

You need to react far better. I didn't see a teched purple throw once out of the like, 6 he did. And you got hit by every single unblockable he threw out as Tsubaki except one where you just barely managed to walk backwards out of range.

And to expand further on the auto-piloting, you did 6A>6B>6C multiple times and it didn't work, when 6A>2C>AC would have.

Usually I am the type to embrace doing risky things but 6A>6B is a string that you should only use after conditioning.

It can be beat on reaction and throwing out 6C after that only screams hit me for massive damage.

Quit pressing so many buttons on haku-men and definitely on rachel, I can't count the number of times you should have been sword iris'd on reaction.

FYI: 5C is -3 so sometimes its a good idea not to throw out any pokes after it because its safe, another thing 4D is a decent anti mash and you can use it to end your strings even or get mag both pretty good.

Gross... on both gameplay and commentary.

Yeah, I was pretty poor that game. There's a handful of reasons, most of which just come down to me being really really scrubby/out of practice, both with tactics and execution, like doing a 2D instead of Spark Bolt at the end of game 1 round 2, or a million midscreen sledges. :v:

As for Vyze falling for the constant ez-mode resets, it's 'cause we have a tiny tiny scene, some of whom only started playing fighting games in general since CT was released in Europe. So the Tager he plays against is a totally different Tager to me, who never tries to reset combos in the stupid and cheeky ways that I do. Also, Irish broadband is sucky as all hell, so almost no chance of a decent online game for training against each other...

So, fellow Tager players...how annoying is μ-12 again? This annoying.

And yes, I know that as an incredibly unsafe MTW at the end. I was planning on bursting, but...well, lol6C

EDIT: Right, forgot to mention that the Unlimited combo video made my day. Just awesome. <3

Stop sledging. I'm sure you saw it if you watched again, but sledging against Mu is just a bad idea unless you're close enough to actually hit her. Her normals have great range to punish random sledges and you have to have great timing to sledge properly through the steins exploding.

hey guys. back with another video to critique. this time vs jin because right now more jins are arrising (seriously ragna where u at?) and now he's starting to become more frustrating to fight. u can tell that cause he perfected me the first round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u12QECw_0Es

also to explain a few things i tried to do jD(whiff) > lowest J2C after collider and failed both times and for "2D > rc > 6B" at first i thought that could reach. aw well.

anyway go ahead and leave advice.

For what it's worth, this, which (aside from AC RC 4D and silly corner FCs) everyone should know all of:

Tager Gimmicks

All recorded while waiting for ZONG_One to show up to record his section. :^P

I love the way that at 1:55, the third colldier does a grand total of 50 damage. GoGo gadget loop proration.

wow tager gimmicks video is now officially my new side-bible with the techtrap/resets and the IB 360/720 guide.

but i was wondering where i could find all gimmicks and combos for specific characters? like the first rachel combo off a 360A is something i've never seen anywhere (or i could be blind and stupid)

i'd really like to know if there are a lot of weird carl only or arakune only or maybe more tager or rachel only combos??? maybe ut coul be compiled nicely on one post in the combo sections or something...?

Skye and his horrible camera work...me vs tsubaki at my first tourney.

Grendy is legit and I dropped A LOT OF STUFF!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H2KBE9Vfd4

Edit we already have character specific combo's.

the one mike did with 360A only works on tager and rachel because 360A pushes people too far away for it to work.

FYI 360A combo's have more untech time in them.

Magnetized 360A>2B>2C>623C>623C whiff>6B>2C>623C works on tagerand everyone else in the corner.

But you get no follow ups afterwards, I just enjoyed the video.

I might make a gadget finger guide sometime...I would have been done it but I don't have a capture card.