Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Iron Tager Video Thread

basically what Oryan said, your opponents here werent quality to its hard to really judge your skill.

my one real big critique is in your vs arakune match you spent a good deal of the time running away from him, if i was the ara player i would have let you sit back and just built curse meter on you, also, j.C opening v arakune is more or less worthless, you wont catch him...

The Arakune was terrible.

A good one would have taught you to never Voltic Charge midscreen, that's a 100% 2c FC dive loop (lol netplay). You backdash too much.

Outside of that match, you're execution isn't as tight as it should be, and your 720 setups are too sloopy and obvious (lol netplay).

Vary your options after GF more. All I saw was 720C / 360B / AC. Try doing 360A more, and if your opponent is predictable, you can even 423B and bait a DP for a free 720. Don't B-sledge so much, and don't do pink throws. Vary your block-strings as well. One time I saw a rinse-repeat 5C > 5D > 236B. Maybe learn a few more tech traps. Learn to IB 720 as well. Sometimes you don't even have to IB to find a hole in a block-string, but IB's are preferred. All in all, if you learn those, you'll be a much better Tager.

Hey guys, I got a vid here I'd like you to critique for me, if it's okay. I played online against one of my offline BB buddies, and saved this match. Note: this isn't his full potential, and I've put him through some good conditioning already, so don't take stuff too seriously because this is just one match among many, he's a really good Tager. I'd just like to know what could've been done better on both my, and his, end.

Here's the vid!

You need to mash 4C!!!!

Any Hakumen knows that with d*ckplay and 4C , Tager cannot approach him no matter what he do ... ( except spark )

Every gap in his block string for like 6 times in a row you jump countered the gap and half the time you landed it and the other half of the time he was still not punishing you. I saw so many bsledges that I have to assume some were by accident because sometimes it made no sense at all (He was right next to you). Bsledge in blockstrings like that is a bad habit he needs to break. It's just not good. Bsledge in general is kinda bad now. I hope they give it better proration after the balance patch.

He messed up a 720 then mashed it out while no where near you, I assume that's a bad habit from training mode (Messed up my move, so I will try again immediately! kind of thing).

Tager was in counterhit state a lot and jumping a lot so I think you could have benefited from better utilization of J.C. 4C is nice too at good distance, but don't actually mash it of course. So yeah, more zoning. You can keep out approaches like those.

From NorCal Install-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5drcdR2kuQ&feature=player_embedded

Coopa inputted the 720 during that one block right?

Pretty hype match but damn this match-ups tiring @_@

This is still the best match of that entire tournament.

He was spinning 632147896321478. So the second 6 in there was him walking backwards. Then he finished it with the last motion. BB is very lenient in saving that 720.

HKnight, that looked like a CT match. Not gonna lie. If you conditioned him and taught him the matchup it'd be played completely different.

Hy everyone, finally decided to suscribe to this forum after years passed reading it.

Long time I didn't write in English, so I hope your eyes won't bleed. :psyduck:

First of all thanks to everyone posting and writing guids.

Here's a link to a recent Youtube channel I started. After days of researches the sound is still delayed compared to the image, so I decided to deal with it, sorry for it. :/

Concerning the videos, I know I make still a lot of mistakes, still having bad habits from the CT Tager, combos opportunities missed, purples throws not being avoided (well, let's say it's because of the delay on the PSN :psyduck:), etc.

I only posted a few matchs for now, the oppenents are not that good except the Arakune wich is a friend of mine still learning his character. But some traps and gimmicks are nice in each match (well, I hope they are), even in the 2 vids against the awfull Bang.

Anyway, comments and advices would be great, and thanks using some of your time watching the vids! :)

More vids to come soon.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAzzalthetrue

Coopa - like I said at NCI, your defense is fine...go practice execution. You miss Gadgets and combo enders all over the place!

After 360A you can do walk 5B->4D/Spark for magnetism on Litchi, instead of nothing; the burst at 3:20ish could have been easily AC'd; at 3:50 Terra, 5C xx AC would have won right there, or even Terra, ASledge; you drop the (anything!) at 5:03; I dunno what was going on at 8:35; and at 12:10, don't forget you can always do the CT combo (360B, ASledge, Hammer) if you need damage. :^)

Hey Azzal, I watched a few of your videos and I liked what I saw.

First thing to improve upon would be hit confirming on counterhit. A few of the counterhits you had could've led to more damage. But instead you just stringed into another move. For example, Counterhit 6C 5D is alright but you can get 6C 236B 2B 2C 623C Egadget.

You punish well with B buster is something they do is unsmart. You have real good 720s at times and are real good at baiting DPs. Though this might just be the fact online loves reversals.

Sorry to see you playing online, but you are probably one of the better Tager players I've seen online based on these videos.

Good stuff.

Thanks for your comments H_L. :)

Well, you pointed one of my biggest flaw in my game, confirming counterhits leading to a combo, i know I have to really improve that. Also, I'm training a lot to IB a maximum of hits in blockstrings, in order to deal with rushdown a lot more (against a good Bang for example I shit in my pants right now).

Anyway, thanks for watching the vids and for your encouraging comments!

Since there aren't a lot of ppl playing the game in Europe ( and good players are even more difficult to find), I'll try to upload vids where I get my ass kicked. (Ragna and Bang are mi nigthmares right now) so I can get advice of what I'm doing wrong.

I want to see DacidBro vs. Mike Z in grand finals of Norcal Install!!
No you don't, unless you enjoy watching FRKZ be dumb for 8 games. The rest of the matches are good though.

No you don't, unless you enjoy watching FRKZ be dumb for 8 games. The rest of the matches are good though.

Although I was rooting for Norcal, I honestly died on the inside watching how many Bang super modes Dacidbro got. Hard matchup is hard, man.

Do you know if those matches got recorded or not?

Should at least have me vs Dacid from top8 and me vs. Zenmetsu in winner's finals. Also Coopa's match, and Orion's - those were linked already. (They'll be up eventually...Rin is working his tail off, I'm sure.)

Hard match is hard, yes. There are some incredibly stupid things in CS, but remember - it's not Nu!

Hahaha funny thing is I said the same thing to my buddy the other day. Him being a Nu player he definitely got a big laugh out of it.

I hope to be soon recording matches once I get my little cam back.

Should at least have me vs Dacid from top8 and me vs. Zenmetsu in winner's finals. Also Coopa's match, and Orion's - those were linked already. (They'll be up eventually...Rin is working his tail off, I'm sure.)

Hard match is hard, yes. There are some incredibly stupid things in CS, but remember - it's not Nu!

In that vs. Bang you will at least be within a character length of him when you die as opposed to Nu where you die from fullscreen. If so, then yes, I agree that that is an improvement.

That's enough videos to look forward to.

I don't think that Tager was too good. I don't agree with his corner combos and his tech-trap attempt at the end of round 1. In addition to that, he failed to respect Ragna's DP and was probably mashing tech (hence the two pink throw reject misses).

Based on my experience with Ragna and watching match vids, IB 360A makes a lot of Ragna's ground pressure unsafe, so Ragna has to either take to air-to-ground pressure or constantly switch up his blockstrings. Tager has a tough time keeping pressure on Ragna once he's got meter. He doesn't have any good oki options either. Once Ragna builds momentum, Tager's in for a long ride on the pain train if his defense isn't up to snuff. A lot of the damage that that Tager took was from not respecting Ragna's wakeup or similarly dumb mistakes like mashing during Gauntlet Hades or forgetting to barrier block.

I guess success in this matchup hinges a lot on Tager's defense and patience. Ragna doesn't have the most life. Tager can deal respectable damage to Ragna, but Ragna can more than return the favor simply because he has many more oppurtunities to get in than Tager.

Just my 2 cents.