Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Iron Tager Video Thread

Tourney nerves makes you forget alot things too >_>

anyways thanks for tips

been keeping them corner seems alot better

still working on those bad jumping habits

sup tager players, i got some new matches on my end yay :3

i'm not winning everything and i'm playing way too much aggro, but.... it's cool.

Tager Makoto(nini heart) part1

Tager Makoto(nini heart) part2

Tager Makoto(nini heart) part3

Tager Hakumen(BladeOfJustice7)

also, there's commentary on those, in freanch and in english, 'cuz montreal speaks both languages, hurray.

feel free to give feedback, it's always appreciated

Stop using 6C in strings. You'll get punished hard.

Never use Spark on a waiting Makoto. They expect it and punish with 3C. I think you learned this though and punished a few 3C's.

When you have 50 heat, make Makoto respect your wakeup 720. Nini was mashing on that 2A several times, and you could have punished hard.

Try some tick throws. After a GF, 5A 360A/B. Watch out for dp's of course.

You had some nice 720's in there though.

This would be the time where I'd post another collection of videos and ask for another view on my performance...

..but DarkRtBOne just ragequit on my win after 8 previous close matches where he beat me. So, yeah, not in the mood to upload...

....so I'll just post some old shit. :x

vs Hazama

vs Hazama match 2 <- lol 1440CC

vs Noel <- Another 1440CC >_>

vs Bang Supah Clash

Against Makoto:

It cut off mid match but I'll shoot.

You should always hold your ground mid screen don't back down or at least try not to.

You did way too many backdash grab! You should 360 more because anytime you can backdash grab chances are you can backdash 360B.

Good job punishing Makoto for being brain dead on orb oki.

If you wanna bait and punish Makoto's DP then here is your options:

Walk up to her and backdash; This one is great because it sets you up for a nice 360/720 punish or if she didn't cross you up a 2C FC combo for 4k and 50ish heat.

Walk up a step and duck; She goes right over your head but it avoids the DP nonetheless, 360B is the best punish in this case.

Also be very careful poking Makoto, this one doesn't do it much but parry RC can lead to stupid damage.

Litchi:

Break purple throws.

Don't poke mindlessly wait for a chance.

Be a bit less wild here.

Oh and back dash 4D when you see it, I don't always do it but when it gets done you are getting free damage.

Don't mindlessly poke when Litchi has the staff launched it gets you hit, ESPECIALLY if you are in the air.

Use the fear of magnetism more and less use, you got hit more than you should because of it.

Litchi's DP is a projectile this is important to know.

6A and sledge punishes it, keep in mind the most important thing about this is its not a real get out of jail free card because we can go right through it.

Bad thing is that if you guess wrong you get whacked by the DP and Litchi might pick it up.

Good stuff I enjoyed this one.

Overall:

You look fine, you just don't use all of your tools depending on the match up, you play them the same regardless of opponent which is fine at your level of play.

Just don't always backdash B+C, 360B is just as fast and can also lead to gadget.

You can 2C a bit more when your opponent does bad jump ins.

You jump in way too much, walking is a form of transportation too.

Last thing, use more A and B pokes they are great for setting up.

Also is it me or you play as wild as Mike Z? its not a bad thing its just something I want to note.

I am done for now.

I must tinker with stuff.

HEY GUYS I HAVE SOME REPLAYS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vRYZ8zWSNk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7hxQQ9SZXU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nUiwSm2rBc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnsfGEJZpnM

I annotated the videos with my own thoughts/reasonings for things I did, but those can just be turned off. So... let me have it.

hey guys, we had a mini tourney in MTL last saturday, with some special guests like people from halifax and Lord Knight.

i finished 3rd place, but i could have won 2nd, reason is makoto and nini heart... :P

here's the loser's final with some lulz and LK is commentating : loser's final

oh and i did encounter LK in winner's bracket, but with so little litchi match up it was horribad. i think i touched him once with a combo or something like that :P

well critique is always appreciated, but i can see where my flaws are and that i am way too scared of makoto in tournament and that i'm never that scared in casuals. tourney nerves i guess

Brice actually did fine outside of not 2Cing the hell out of Nini for doing those constant jumps.

He should backdash a bit less often.

I love the 720s you was throwing out, IB 720 more man you got a talent for it.

What about me Axis!!

If anything just watch the first and last ones. 2 and 3 are more matches vs the same Bang.

You've been abandoned. It's all Bangs and Hazamas and Litchis licking their chops and all the Tagers left you behind.

What about me Axis!!

If anything just watch the first and last ones. 2 and 3 are more matches vs the same Bang.

Your hitconfirms are way off when it comes to 5D.

If you air CH just do: colliderx2>6C>j.2C>2B>2C>collider>B/E gadget

Gives you 3600 or so damage, if the connection isn't so grand just use the normal BnB.

Now for bang...oh god don't poke so much, don't jump too much, be patient and just block well, when it comes to bang there are some basic things you don't want to be in.

1. Bumpers, if you have to bumpers near you get out of there, you do not want to deal with bumper stuff, shit even hits me offline.

2. Drive, yeah FRKZ is barely winnable.

When you want to beat drives then use 5A/5B/2B.

Everything else will probably get you rocked.

3. 5A, stay out of its range, its just not fun dealing with it.

Learn to IB it so everything he does after becomes 360A/720 food.

On another note you never broke past 4k on your fatals.

Lucky for you there are easy ones to do:

2C>5C/2C>collider>j.C>j.2C>2B>236A>5C>6A>collider>B/E gadget.

2C>j.2C>2B>2C>623C>walk Bsledge>5B>5C>6A>collider. 6A won't always hit everyone unmagnetized but it gets the job done on those it does work on.

Overall your pressure was unsafe and your mix up is lacking.

Unsafe as in you do too much 5C>5D and not enough everything else.

5C>5D is an occasional thing, if you got them close then don't press 5C, go for the mix up.

5B/2B is your friend man, hell 6A in this game is jump cancelable and it still gives you high/low mix up along with tick grabs. (Although its not all that good, jump cancel is good when you want to look out for DP's, or restart pressure.)

I am not allowed to comment on Litchi, I can't do that wall of text.

Sorry for taking so long I had my mind set on other things that is not CS2.

Thank you Axis, that's what I was looking for.

I want to say I'm not comfortable doing mix ups often, it just feels like I get poked out of anything that isn't air tight.

Also, I was hoping you'd have something for Litchi, that's the matchup I really struggle with. I don't know what Tager can do beyond punishing jump-ins.

Thank you Axis, that's what I was looking for.

I want to say I'm not comfortable doing mix ups often, it just feels like I get poked out of anything that isn't air tight.

Also, I was hoping you'd have something for Litchi, that's the matchup I really struggle with. I don't know what Tager can do beyond punishing jump-ins.

Don't spinny super to get her off of you. Aside from being a bad way to do it, and inefficient even if it hits, having a gap that lets you spinny super probably means you could have 360A'd and almost certainly means you could have 720'd. My approach to getting better at this match up was as follows.

Stop getting hit by stupid stuff. I worked really hard at trying grasp the retarded distance at which she could combo me from and to properly barrier her crazy anti airs that seem to hit us if we're 2 cm off the ground 3/4ths of a screen away. Really look out for those overheads too.

In that vein learn to look for things while she has you in the corner, because honestly she Will get you there. I'm reasonably sure that her 2B>move staff>2B string isn't air tight and she was pretty liberal with it. It's scary but if you really catch one, throwing her out of an overhead (not the airborn one obviously) is decidedly better for you than blocking it. In general try to keep cool in the corner, opportunities present themselves. (You got a ton of fatals, a lot of your damage was done while she had you in the corner for example)

Also if she calls staff while comboing you and you aren't airborn, you can try a 720. It's not exactly what you Should do, but I will find it hilarious.

Again, this is just how I made things easier for myself, I'm no expert at the match up (If anyone could be).

Oh also, in my opinion you shouldn't go for overheads ever, but I'll make a special argument for not going for it with litchi. She gets really good damage and oki off of 5A. 6B is our fastest grounded overhead and it is Crazy slow, can only be done off of certain moves, and it doesn't lead to much on block even if she doesn't stuff it. Throw mix ups are also dangerous to go for, but they are a lot faster and can beat out those pokes she stuffs your overheads with.

Don't discount Tagers overhead, only thing that hit me out of 5B>6B was DPs.

Its fun using overheads but not too often, its good for meter.

Litchi is tough, you just got to learn how the players play in these cases and confirm your fatals into 4k+ combos all the time.

Don't discount Tagers overhead, only thing that hit me out of 5B>6B was DPs.

Its fun using overheads but not too often, its good for meter.

Litchi is tough, you just got to learn how the players play in these cases and confirm your fatals into 4k+ combos all the time.

I'm aware people disagree with me on the overhead thing, so I hope not to mislead anyone there.

I do think that since he was getting hit out of them by pokes that going for a throw is a logical improvement for him.

Yeah that is true Osuna.

If not a throw at least use a frame trap, stuff>4D is good for catching mashers.

Overheads are great after conditioning.

I on occasion would do Bsledge>RC 6B.

It works after getting hit by RC 2B so much.

Changing patterns with random RC's are so gimmicky, why do I love doing it?

If they're mashing out of mixup, you gotta scare them into blocking. Try some frame traps or something... Or just be tricky with stuff like sledge > RC > 2B, stuff to make them unsure of sticking stuff out since you have them off guard.