Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Iron Tager Video Thread

alright here's some more vids of me...any critique would be appreciated :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/torontofiends#p/u/14/hwx2eIsAX34 vs. arakune

ps: could someone explain to me what happened at 4:05? my collider ended so long yet he still came back to me :S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t49LSN4dNc vs ragna

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7csytmI7_XE vs. noel

edit: http://www.youtube.com/user/torontofiends#p/u/10/juSFtb7HMd8 vs jin

that's my friend using my tager after i had left...at 0:50 he demonstrates how scary an ib 720 can be

could someone explain to me what happened at 4:05?
Collider adds velocity to them that stays with them until they land...so you Collider, he techs and comes toward you, then double jumps, then waits and does the wraparound dash, but none of that changes his velocity so after the dash he is still flying towards you.

It's actually really useful, if Ara does a wraparound and is magnetized you can AC during the wraparound and know where he's going to go helplessly flying to.

I'm a long time lurker who finally has some videos to share!

CS Ranbat 1.3 - Top 8 joemamma (JI) vs Bao (TA)

CS Ranbat 1.3 - Top 8 Bao (TA) vs render (JI)

CS Ranbat 1.3 - Top 8 Bao (TA) vs Zong-1 (CA)

It was my first Ranbat so I was pretty nervous and boy does it show. My execution was pretty terrible (lots of blue combos and I missed Terrabreak like 3 times that tournament :vbang:) but any and all advice or critique would be much appreciated! Anything to make me seem less scrubby on my next tournament. :yaaay:

Hey man, nothing wrong with blue combos if your opponent eats them anyway, haha. Terra break wiff not so much though.

Your game seems pretty solid. Honestly I could learn a thing or two from you.

Bao your awesome man.

work on your crouch hit confirms man, you could have milked some serious combo's on render.

also in the carl match leave very little hoes in pressure.(IE don't mix up a lot.)

carl will poke you out with 2A for free.

well this is based only on the match i watched vs jin

i would say nice collider reads, but at some points unnecessary sledges but you didn't do it a lot so it's np

the one thing i would def saying you could work on to improve your game is IBing. You barrier a lot which, IMO is useless for tager unless ur in the air because you dont want to push them away, you want to catch openings with 360. By working on IBing, youll be able to stop a lot of air pressure n stuff so it could help

It was my first Ranbat so I was pretty nervous and boy does it show. My execution was pretty terrible (lots of blue combos and I missed Terrabreak like 3 times that tournament :vbang:) but any and all advice or critique would be much appreciated! Anything to make me seem less scrubby on my next tournament. :yaaay:

Gotta agree with the Gothik, but more IB's are always desired. That aside I was really impressed man. You made good use of the hit confirms more often than not. Only real tip from me would be to play a little more reactively. You had a few overheads and counters you just stared at for a moment >_< It makes me cry a little to not see the opportunity used, but you made up for it with glorious Tager moments =o Volt charge -> 720 on joemomma = Great Day for Scientists

Thanks for all the tips, I really appreciate all of the input. I never noticed how much I barrier blocked until it was brought up so I'll keep an eye out for that one and try to IB more. I'll definitely admit my hit confirms were off that night, I was so nervous that when I managed to get a hit in sometimes I'd spaz and forget what to do next or mash something random. :vbang:

I could only hope at the next tournament that I'll be a little more relaxed but only time will tell. xP

Im confused, what do I click in order to watch those? Its kinda different from nicovid.

Edit:

Nevermind, net just plain sucks.

Yo man you're garbage =p

I'm taking your top 8 spot next time...as soon as I finish switching to Ragna.

Yo man you're garbage =p

I'm taking your top 8 spot next time...as soon as I finish switching to Ragna.

Haha big talk man! I better be seeing videos of you in the top 8 on the next ranbat! Seriously though good luck and kick some butt out there today. Make your mother proud this Mother's Day. :yaaay:

lovegety had a tournament last night...though videos arent up yet...my friend uploaded the best moment of the tournament...everyone was talkin bout this moment for hours on end lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/kellfire5541#p/u/0/H1B2R6qbyqs

for the record thats my tager lol...no 720 spam...just instant blocked for more bar...then i knew i had to do a fast as hell 720....and voila...as long as i have 50 bar its never over >=)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1fjASOSF40&feature=channel

So this is me at the last NorCal gathering playing against a regular Noel there. He plays very well so I have no real issues losing to him. But I wouldn't mind some advice cause I'm wondering if I really did anything wrong or if I just got outplayed.

Also, I do know doing CH Bsledge>6B>6B>5D>BSledge does not work. I was for Asledge instead of the 2nd Bsledge as I've been using it at a tech trap since I would follow up the Asledge. Most people don't catch that its a normal Sledge trap cause of how random the combo is so I'm milking it while I can :v:

Any advice appreciated.

Here's my opinion...

As a tager...you really need to learn to do 360s....i don't think i saw a single 360 which isn't a good thing. Rather than bc throwing...replace it with a 360.

Another thing is, not just you, but all tagers should stop doing 5D, Bsledge. It's so easily punishable by good players. Just doing 5D alone is good enough as you can do many mind games from a raw 5D.

You shouldn't use j2C so much. I mean the ones you used close to ground were fine, but some you used when you were way above the ground, or even far away and didn't even hit him. Using j2C like that will definietely get you punished.

I dont believe I saw any "proper" endings in your combos. I didn't see any gadget fingers or 2Ds or anything that ends in magnetizing the opponent, or even the galileo setup. Try ending your combos with something that will magnetize them because that's your main key to winning.

The noel did know how to fight a tager judging by how he was using 5a a lot to mess you up or using 5D while you pulled him in and being careful not to let himself get 360ed.

Other than that, to sum up, I would just say mainly work on not using Bsledge so much and not using j2c as every air attack 360s and keepin the opponen magnetized

Here's my opinion...

As a tager...you really need to learn to do 360s....i don't think i saw a single 360 which isn't a good thing. Rather than bc throwing...replace it with a 360.

Another thing is, not just you, but all tagers should stop doing 5D, Bsledge. It's so easily punishable by good players. Just doing 5D alone is good enough as you can do many mind games from a raw 5D.

You shouldn't use j2C so much. I mean the ones you used close to ground were fine, but some you used when you were way above the ground, or even far away and didn't even hit him. Using j2C like that will definietely get you punished.

I dont believe I saw any "proper" endings in your combos. I didn't see any gadget fingers or 2Ds or anything that ends in magnetizing the opponent, or even the galileo setup. Try ending your combos with something that will magnetize them because that's your main key to winning.

The noel did know how to fight a tager judging by how he was using 5a a lot to mess you up or using 5D while you pulled him in and being careful not to let himself get 360ed.

Other than that, to sum up, I would just say mainly work on not using Bsledge so much and not using j2c as every air attack 360s and keepin the opponen magnetized

Ok Thank you for the critiques. I will now offer my rebuttal as I see fit:

As for 360s, I do use them frequently just not against this noel because he gets out of them like 90% of the time. I am trying to remember to replace standard BC throw with 360s its just something I'm getting used to.

As for the 5D>BSledge thing, lately I've been trying to just end on 4D or 2D for safer endings to pressure. I been trying to only use Sledge as a means to get close in a blockstring and RC it for extra pressure.

j.2C I am in the process of trying to not do so much because I have been getting slaughtered cause of it recently. Its a pain in the ass to get back to the ground for me half the time so I either do j.2C or j.B. Its a work in progress.

As for "proper" endings, I don't do them much cause I'm a much bigger fan of tech traps and use them A LOT. Once the enemy is magnetized and I get them in a tech trap situation, I have tons of them to work with. I have had many insane comebacks due to my vast array of traps that people don't know about. So "proper" endings aren't commonplace for me except for in the beginning just to get them in the situation to start playing mind games. Thats personally a preference on my part.

And yes he has played me a lot so hes gotten a LOT better at fighting Tager. I used to be able to just plow right through him and he had no clue what to do. So I do appreciate your points and note I am not saying you're wrong nor am I mad by any means, those are just my explainations.

I'm less concerned about how you played, and more concerned about how badly that Noel was. Please, teach em how to combo and teach em how to use jumping attacks to punish anything you do. Everytime you jump next to her you should be eating a blockstring or a counterhit combo because you don't want to jump vs Noel's j.A or j.B. Noel's CS combos have potential to be a lot like Litchi's. Sleep inducing. And I didn't see any super long combos like that. So, if they aren't trying for 5k, they aren't trying to win.

As for your combo enders, make sure they have magnetism before you boot them off the ground and what not. No such thing as a full screen tech trap without magnetism.

hmm makes sense i guess....np in what you want to do but might i suggest sometimes its better to mix it up or do a tech trap on the spot which is always unexpected....ie. CH 5D, then collider reset, jD, collider reset, or my personal favourite is just raw 5Ds because u can do so much from that =p

just remember longer combos give u bar which is always a plus and give u damage for you to end it faster with a 720 =p At one point, if you play the same way long enough, ppl will just learn not to tech...for example everyone at Lovegety knows not to tech against me now because of all the tech traps i go for, which is why sometimes i just do the ones i listed because no one sees any actual setup from that so they just tech thinkin their safe xD

also dont be afraid of psychic colliders..its a great way to mindfuck ppl xD. The way i play is, i like to do obvious tick 360/720 setups. If it works the first time...great..and if not, sure i eat a combo or maybe even not but i have enough health to survive. Then i start baiting jumps...like i would do a completely obvious 360/720 setup such as 5a 5b...then just collider rather than actually 720 lol. Or i just simple 5a collider and catch ppl who think they are jumping out of my 360 lol

More of a nice showing off how silly the combos in a Tager mirrormatch can be. Magnetised 360A 2B 623C? What the hell?

That combo works without magnetism. Actually that combo works on everyone...the only difference is it only works on tager anywhere on the screen. For everyone else you need to 360 them into the corner for the 2b to reach. The only thing more ridiculous than that is vs rachel, 360B 6a 2c collider lol

Still looks ridiculous, someone ought to draw a diagram of how big the hitbox on AC is, it's waaaaaaay bigger than his hand would suggest. Potemkin's heat knuckle also had this monster hand syndrome as i recall.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kellfire5541#p/u/0/EG_9F9V97ag

here's one of me...not the greatest but whaddya gona do

Wow there were some seriously nice 720's in there. Must feel pretty bad to Hell's Fang into Tager's waiting hand. :yaaay: Also I can learn a thing or two from how you dealt with that Tager mirror. Honestly I hate that fight, I'm totally clueless on how to approach a player with all the same answers that I have. I feel like I'm playing rock paper scissors but I'm always picking wrong. :psyduck: