Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

g.Bauer

[CS1] Hazama Videos

thanks for all the encouragements, i'll try to work more on those instead and yeah, the rapid is 1 pain in the ass to make out :(

REMAKE 1

Good update to the combo video. I really like some of the new combos you're pulling off. Keep working on it, and you'll have an excellent combo guide in no time. One of those most helpful aspects of your combo video in comparison to others is the fact that you separated his combos into certain sections. This makes them much easier to learn and visualize. You might even want to put something in the description with the time for each part. Example:

Rapid Cancel - 1:24

Distortion Drive - 3:32

BnB - 00:21

Etc, etc...

Good video nonetheless. I look forward to seeing your future updates.

k , thanks for all the comments, i'll work towards what you all thinks best, but of cause, keeping the combos neat as possible. I will too try to put some real game footage, if i manage to get a friend to capture it when im in the arcade :X

Yeah, the more combo videos we have with Hazama the better. I was going to say, if anyone feels like using a lot of the combos from the combo thread, it'd be great. That way we have a visual on the combos. I'll definitely add it to the guide, and it could even help out more in the end.

if nobody wants to do it then i'll be glad to make a vid with subsections for all the combos in the thread.

like a seperate vid for each section.. thats if nobody does one first.. with my epic banana suit hazama :D

I'll get started after my exams (like 1-2 weeks).

if nobody wants to do it then i'll be glad to make a vid with subsections for all the combos in the thread.

like a seperate vid for each section.. thats if nobody does one first.. with my epic banana suit hazama :D

I'll get started after my exams (like 1-2 weeks).

No! Not the banana suit Hazama, ahhhhh. Go for the awesome dark color scheme or his Hellsing/Normal clothes, haha. Well, if you really want the yellow one, go for it.

Anyways, a separate video for each one is probably a good idea. At first I thought it'd all be in one video, but there's far too many combos for that.

Hmm, It's a tie for me between Jokerzama and that Aqua Suit with the Black Hair and Yellow Tie...but then again Zakiyama uses that one...Phooey.

I know he moves forward but he still hits too far away from his leg. Like on Buppa's last match against Dora (http://zoome.jp/gamechariot/diary/173 3rd match).

I can only think of two possibilites:

1 - the "laser" has a hitbox on its own.

2 - I don't really grasp the correct size of these hitboxes and I'm probably misunderstaning the distance shown on the hitbox video with the in-game distance.

i don't trust the hitbox viewer. a lot of moves have bigger hitboxes than what is shown for sure.

I don't know. Jayoku almost definitely had a bigger hitbox, but some of those look about right. I think it was 5C or 2C that had a massive hitbox, and I believe they really do in gameplay as well.

I could have swore 3C had a bigger hitbox though, so I'll agree with you there.

With Jayoku, could it be, that, since it is almost always used as a reversal, that it connects with the other characters sprite box which has been extended while they were attacking/recovering. Also, an attack just needs to graze a characters sprite to hit, so some moves (like Bangs 5A, you can see in another thread), are designed to just graze others.

Link with Bang's 5A example: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?p=649431#post649431

With Jayoku, could it be, that, since it is almost always used as a reversal, that it connects with the other characters sprite box which has been extended while they were attacking/recovering.

Exactly, you have to take into account your opponent's hitbox as well.

I want to say that that's Zakiyama stupidly fast hands dashing forward and doing Jayoku. I might be wrong :|

Don't think so, just check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JztI3CPkA64#t=1m12s

I doubt he dashes in after a IB and then does a Jayoku.