Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

g.Bauer

[CS1] Hazama Videos

Exactly, you have to take into account your opponent's hitbox as well.

Don't think so, just check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JztI3CPkA64#t=1m12s

I doubt he dashes in after a IB and then does a Jayoku.

Jayoku definitely has longer horizontal reach than it appears since Hazama moves forwards by teleporting closer to his opponent. I've seen it hit countless times. And you're probably right about the hitbox of your opponent.

I always feel bad for my Ragna opponents when I dash 3C > Jayoku and I kick them up by barely grazing their hand which seems to be sticking out. (Then again... I don't really feel bad, I tend to smirk and follow up for massive damage.)

Makoto

Also, that oki DD with Tsubaki vs Arakuna's wakeup DD was fucking godlike.

It really was, I'm fairly impressed with that Tsubaki. Most of the ones I see tend to do much worse against Arakune. The more I think about it, the more Tsubaki reminds me of Gabranth in FF: Dissidia. They both charge for some deadly potential, but Gabranth's probably the better of the two... Though, that's another issue all together. (Ex-break - instant death.)

~Anyways, does anyone know who was playing that Tsubaki, was it Buppa?

As for the Hazama vs Arakune, it was better than the other ones I saw. In most of them, Hazama flies around the screen the entire time and someone wins by time out. I really liked that match. Hazama's style of confronting Arakune head on. Shame Buppa lost in the end, but I'm still happy to see Arakune win since he was my main in CT.

Good to see more hazama's combo video, getting more and more ( which is good ) sadly my hazama is kind of a bit out of tune. likely not to touch anymore (maybe some time) gonna use either Jin / Hakumen. But still, i will be frequently visiting Hazama's section and try to help people with what I know.

i'm going to try to start recording matches starting tomorrow so expect lots of bang vs hazama

I'll look forward to it tomorrow night. Work all day tomorrow... :/

Good luck kid viper. I better see some Mizuchi Rekkazans, haha.

Could anyone tell me how after you do 236236B hit the enemy with 3C I cant seem to get it!

Do you mean doing 3C then going into 236236B. Try buffering the Jayoku during 3C, you just have to be fast with your fingers.

Sorry for the double post guys. But didn't think you'd notice a new video was submitted unless I posted something new:

Another Hazama Combo Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrSJuTEgetg

Very basic stuff, seems like most people starting off Hazama don't understand or don't care that he can do a 4D~A before 4D~D. At least they got the charged Devouring Fang down though. Nothing really noteworthy besides the last Arakune combo. I really want to figure out who that works on if it's character specific. Since a 4000 damage "BnB" is awesome with no heat spent.

Sorry for the double post guys. But didn't think you'd notice a new video was submitted unless I posted something new:

Very basic stuff, seems like most people starting off Hazama don't understand or don't care that he can do a 4D~A before 4D~D. At least they got the charged Devouring Fang down though. Nothing really noteworthy besides the last Arakune combo. I really want to figure out who that works on if it's character specific. Since a 4000 damage "BnB" is awesome with no heat spent.

Its getting the timming after the 4D-A to 4DD. That may be it. But yea thanks for posting

Im sorry, but what is "devouring fang" ? and what does charging it give?

Most people don't know the english names yet, sorry about that. It's 214D~C, and you can wait a bit longer after 214D to make the follow up attack with C higher damage and a slightly larger range I believe. It's used mid-combo to create an overall higher damage combo. Usually adds around 200 damage or so.

For Refence sake:

Jabaki (236D) = Venom Sword

Jasetsu (214D) = Serpent's Benidiction

Ressenga (214D~A) = Falling Fang

Gashoukyaku (214D~B) = Rising Fang

Zaneiga (214D~C) = Devouring Fang

Hirentotsu (in air 214B) = Wind Serpent's Fang

Gasaishou (236C) = Bloody Fang

Jakou (623D) = Hungry Coils

Jayoku Houtenjin (236236B) = Serpent's Inferno/Infernal Rapture/Rapter (help?)

Mizuchi Rekkazan (632146) = Eternal Coils of the Dragon Serpent

Right? :psyduck:

Most people don't know the english names yet, sorry about that. It's 214D~C, and you can wait a bit longer after 214D to make the follow up attack with C higher damage and a slightly larger range I believe. It's used mid-combo to create an overall higher damage combo. Usually adds around 200 damage or so.

Really? how much longer precisely? i almost never charge it when i do the combo and thanks firekid2

the 4000 damage BnB is character specific. Arakune has a pretty long floating hitbox from other characters, i think Tager and Hakuman can too get hit from this combo.

Maybe if you delay his 6D~D after the 2C might work (pushed further)

Delay his 5B after Zaneiga? Makes him lower = easier to hit with 6D maybe?

Really? how much longer precisely? i almost never charge it when i do the combo and thanks firekid2

About 0.75 ~ 1 seconds. Somewhere around there i think, cause my charged 214D~C is about that long.

Well, that 4000 damage character specific combo is confirmed to work on Taokaka, Arakune, Hakumen, Tager, and Rachel thus far. The timing is so strict that I'll stick with the regular BnB's for the time being though.