Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ginseng

[CS1] Tsubaki Yayoi - General Discussion

People don't like her because she's fully-clothed. :eng101:

lol thats prolly y shes low teir.

LOL full-clothes FTW. Just ask Saber. xD You know what though? All GG girls aren't fully-clothes. Most have panties, May has pantyhoses, ABA is just bandages, who knows WHAT Baiken has under.

ABA is just bandages

Wrong. ABA has two pairs of pants.

It's nice to know there are fewer players on the Tsubaki bandwagon. I love her flashy style, and I look forward to adding her as my main along side carl.

Everyone in the world is going to be playing hazama. I mean you can only have so many mirrors before your head explodes.

Anyway, for those of you that have played around with her, no pun intended lol, how is her mugen like special? I know it is best to have 5 bars fully stocked before activation, but have you guys tried it out yet? I feel like, unlike hakumen, she is going to be really dependent on it, and that right now people are just using meter for combos only.

I don't care if it turns out to be useless I'm going to go into it so many times. I love how she turns red and has that naruto kyuubi like chakra aura around her. There is just something about beasting on someone in her mugen that gets me all hot and bothered, lol I kid I kid.

Also, if you do her special in mugen mode does it do the level 5 version?

Actually it's most efficient to activate at 1 charge a lot of the time. Get 3 charge moves in, get air combo, 4.4k, oop aww.

Install super locks your level so as long as you are still in the install, the 236236D will do whatever version you started on.

I wasn't too fond of her character design at first, but seeing from vids has changed my mind. I'll give this chick a shot before I make any decisions though.

LOL full-clothes FTW. Just ask Saber. xD

You know what though? All GG girls aren't fully-clothes. Most have panties, May has pantyhoses, ABA is just bandages, who knows WHAT Baiken has under.

I like full clothes, leaves more to the imagination.

Not that her sex appeal influences my choice to play her, hell I hated Litchi for months, but she was still damn easy on the eyes.

Install super locks your level so as long as you are still in the install, the 236236D will do whatever version you started on.

Sexy. Sounds like her potential is growing.

Lv 5 Install combos ending in 236236D sound like they could do some serious damage. I don't feel like the conditions are that hard to come by. Tsubaki gains meter rather easily and if you're cautious with your charge meter....getting to 5 shouldn't be that difficult, yeah?

She can throw out a BnB and get 2 stocks during her opponent's get up, it shouldn't be that hard.

Does RCing the ender for her BNBs buy you a decent amount of extra charging time? (Like RCing the 22c to charge asap.) Might be a decent option to convert meter into install.

Does RCing the ender for her BNBs buy you a decent amount of extra charging time? (Like RCing the 22c to charge asap.) Might be a decent option to convert meter into install.

No point in doing that. You'll get plenty of time to Install after 22C finishers.

Right now, I can't find any reason to RC unless you do something unsafe and need to guard to prevent punishment.

Does she not have any good RC combos or should she just save her meter for super/RCing unsafe moves? I actually asked this before, but it looks like i've been ignored. :gonk:

Does she not have any good RC combos or should she just save her meter for super/RCing unsafe moves?

I actually asked this before, but it looks like i've been ignored. :gonk:

So far, I don't think that she has got any good RC combos. It would be best if she just save her meter for super for now.

I only understood 40% of that.

Needz more translation....

I agree.

On that note, is Tsubaki's Counter Assault any good?

It's her A shieldcar. Fairly standard, it does it's job. I don't think it pushes them far enough away for her to get charge, so it's best used to get out of pressure.

Does she not have any good RC combos or should she just save her meter for super/RCing unsafe moves?

I actually asked this before, but it looks like i've been ignored. :gonk:

If you end an air combo with j.214d midscreen, you can use 236c to catch a sliding opponent and RC into 2cc air combo. Alternatively, you could probably do a 22d after the 236c and do the same thing. So in some cases it can take the place of charge meter when you want to add extra damage.

I think heat meter use will generally gravitate towards RCing unsafe moves like dp or fishing for random shield charge CH. Install has the potential to not only increase her damage output but improve her mixups as well. It might be a viable tactic to simply activate Install near the end of a match and just go nuts on the opponent until you can land one hit into super for an unburstable finish.

It's her A shieldcar. Fairly standard, it does it's job. I don't think it pushes them far enough away for her to get charge, so it's best used to get out of pressure.

Shieldcar?! No way, we can't go THAT far! DX

I much prefer Shell Bullet.

I like how Tsubaki looks when she's doing her charge cancel combos. It looks like she's stuttering. Hit hit hit stutter high low mid stutter lol, I really like it. You see I'm a stutterer in real life, and I felt a connection with her and understood exactly how she felt when I saw her stuttering. People just don't understand how hard it is for a stutterer, lol.

I think heat meter use will generally gravitate towards RCing unsafe moves like dp or fishing for random shield charge CH. Install has the potential to not only increase her damage output but improve her mixups as well. It might be a viable tactic to simply activate Install near the end of a match and just go nuts on the opponent until you can land one hit into super for an unburstable finish.

That's exactly what crossed my mind as well. You can a lot of her D versions moves with an overhead/low throw in the mix til you hit confirm and combo into level 5 DD.

What I wonder though is how long her mugen last. Is it as long as hakumen's mugen? Shorter?

The japanese tsubaki players need to go to training and experiment with it.