Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ginseng

[CS1] Tsubaki Yayoi - General Discussion

Here is some information about Tsubaki. BBCS Tsubaki's Life Length = 11000 BBCS Tsubaki's Guard Primer Length = 5 BBCS Tsubaki's Combo Rate = 80%

I see a lot about the Install Super. I just have 2 questions: 1) is it better comboed into or as a final-charge desperation move? 2) are there any notable properties to it besides the actual Install bar?

Charging Stars! :yaaay:

Hyper Combo Finish!!!!!!!!!!

You just won the game.

It looks like Tsubaki's best chances to charge are using her air drive charge after a combo, safest way to go about it at least. Charging bit by bit during combos by canceling into it also seems effective, though it's most likely incredibly unsafe. Shame she doesn't have any options like OS to have charge opportunities AND okizeme.

We can play a bait n' punish game with it. Eh?

I like Order-Sol and I like girls that can read. Is Tsubaki for me?

She does play like order sol but she can't read. So, Tsubaki isn't for you :P

Part 9

Tsubaki vs Tager, 3800 damage using 2 bars :yaaay:

I refuse to believe mugen is useless. Charge up to 5 bars, score a knockdown without using bars, activate mugen right before opponent's wakeup, and commence.

What's the deal with tsubaki's holdable special? In several videos in http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=518660&postcount=120 she stops pressure and holds it, and then the enemy is hit with it upon release even though they were blocking before. I never see it blocked. The litchi in part 6 at 8:50 seems to be very clearly barrier blocking, and she still gets hit. Is it just that everyone in these videos stops blocking at the very last moment, or what?

What's the deal with tsubaki's holdable special? In several videos in http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=518660&postcount=120 she stops pressure and holds it, and then the enemy is hit with it upon release even though they were blocking before. I never see it blocked. The litchi in part 6 at 8:50 seems to be very clearly barrier blocking, and she still gets hit. Is it just that everyone in these videos stops blocking at the very last moment, or what?

I think there is a version of that move, probably D version, that is unblockable. It's also what led to the 3800 damage combo on tager in the vid I posted.

If it is unblockable when charged, then that adds great mix up.

if its true that its unblockable, that seems pretty awesome on wake up esp if they gots no dp, she seems to play like a sf4 character lol, level 3 focus attack ftw

if its true that its unblockable, that seems pretty awesome on wake up esp if they gots no dp, she seems to play like a sf4 character lol, level 3 focus attack ftw

Yeah, if they have no DP then that move is almost godsent. I've yet to see someone block it, and I keep going "Is it unblockable?". It seems like Tsubaki is all about randomness with her CC, and then mixing it up with her unblockable whip, assuming it is unblockable.

Tsubaki vs Tager is an interesting Match-up. Tager is very slow so Tsubaki can have more charges. I saw a vid of it and it seems to be very interesting. The problem is Tsubaki vs Ragna, Bang. I haven't played the game but my initiate approach would be to spam her with safe pressure strings and not allow her to charge. This limits her damage and she cannot do that much damage with out charges from what I see. I am saying this because Tsubaki players will probably need to find means to deal with this problem From the vids I saw, I feel that she needs a big or bigger knockdown move so she can charge more.

Tsubaki vs Tager is an interesting Match-up. Tager is very slow so Tsubaki can have more charges. I saw a vid of it and it seems to be very interesting.

The problem is Tsubaki vs Ragna, Bang. I haven't played the game but my initiate approach would be to spam her with safe pressure strings and not allow her to charge. This limits her damage and she cannot do that much damage with out charges from what I see.

I am saying this because Tsubaki players will probably need to find means to deal with this problem

From the vids I saw, I feel that she needs a big or bigger knockdown move so she can charge more.

I would not call tager slow IMO. Yes, you can do more charges but it is not like you can do it when ever you want. Tager has magnetism which makes him go faster and looks like it can do alot of DAMAGE if you are NOT playing safe. Also, he has got a projectile :gonk:

vs Ragna, Tsubaki has a slight disadvantage because Ragna pretty much surpasses Tsubaki in every way. Damage, range, priority, invincibility, etc. However, Tsubaki's speed is greater than Ragna's speed. Also, most of her combos end with knocking the opponent far away from her into the corner so that you can do another combo. I don't know anything about bang yet. So i won't comment :P

Lastly, Tsubaki has got a good knockdown IMO. I don't think that she needs a bigger knockdown move.