Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ginseng

[CS1] Tsubaki Yayoi - General Discussion

I would not call tager slow IMO. Yes, you can do more charges but it is not like you can do it when ever you want. Tager has magnetism which makes him go faster and looks like it can do alot of DAMAGE if you are NOT playing safe. Also, he has got a projectile :gonk:

I dunno about you, but a person whose best way of getting in at 1/2 screen distance is B Sledge/Barrier Superjump due to no forward dash/hop/command dash sounds slow to me.

And if you wanna talk 'lots of damage if you don't play safe', look at Tager's highest damage output (CT) with magnetism. That's 2.5K more than his command grab super...

On-topic: I was wondering about RC combos after 22A/B/C/D ender in Tsubaki's BnB.

Would it be possible to RC Sword into a basic aircombo and end it with j.236C or is Sword JCable/DD-cancelable? (Doesn't look like it from the videos)

That's what the players should've done already. I'm suprised they don't know the meaning of "bait," unless they used to be OS players.

You should learn what you're talking about before you open your mouth, scrub :8/:

Hey, I haven't seen Tsubaki's Charge-Mugen Super yet. Is there a vid of it out there?

I think there was a vid of somebody using it during a loketest, but other than that I haven't seen any. It isn't seeming too useful, but at this point who knows.

I dunno about you, but a person whose best way of getting in at 1/2 screen distance is B Sledge/Barrier Superjump due to no forward dash/hop/command dash sounds slow to me.

And if you wanna talk 'lots of damage if you don't play safe', look at Tager's highest damage output (CT) with magnetism. That's 2.5K more than his command grab super...

Sure, he doesn't have foward dash/hop/command dash/etc. But All of his moves are faster now. Just because Tager can get in at 1/2 screen doesn't mean he is slow. He walks faster and his attacks are faster.

And we are not talking about CT. We are talking about CS :eng101:

Sure, he doesn't have foward dash/hop/command dash/etc. But All of his moves are faster now. Just because Tager can get in at 1/2 screen doesn't mean he is slow. He walks faster and his attacks are faster.

And we are not talking about CT. We are talking about CS :eng101:

Compared to other characters he is slow but quite powerful as usual.

Compared to other characters he is slow but quite powerful as usual.

Yep, he is slow compared to other characters but I would not call him slow IMO. and yes, he is powerful. He does have the ULTIMATE POWER After all :P

how is the recovery for her 22a/b/c?? wondering if it might have any use by itself. cuz i find it pretty hard to get in without D charging star since her normals are so short. and is the 6c's range far enough for a CH 5b to connect at the tip?

how is the recovery for her 22a/b/c?? wondering if it might have any use by itself. cuz i find it pretty hard to get in without D charging star since her normals are so short.

and is the 6c's range far enough for a CH 5b to connect at the tip?

6c should connect after 5b CH at the tip since Tsubaki moves forward a bit.

is it too early to start up match up threads? cuz i have trouble against ragna, his pokes are too good lol, and i know against tager you just need to IB the crap out of everything

Tsubaki's go to plan is to IB stuff when under pressure.

If you have a charge DP, when you get the chance.

Not advice, suggestions. I haven't played it, so.....yeah, I'll be quiet...

is it too early to start up match up threads? cuz i have trouble against ragna, his pokes are too good lol, and i know against tager you just need to IB the crap out of everything

Nah, matchup threads at this point in time aren't a good idea, considering only a maximum of 5 players have played Tsubaki in the US lol.

I haven't played it, so.....yeah, I'll be quiet...

Don't be quiet. This is what a general discussion is about. If you have got any advice/suggestions/questions, then post them here. The more you ask about stuffs, the more things you know about a character :)

Don't be quiet. This is what a general discussion is about. If you have got any advice/suggestions/questions, then post them here. The more you ask about stuffs, the more things you know about a character :)

Dedicated Tsubaki player, you have become. :eng101:

But enough fidgeting, show me the love! :yaaay:

Posted Image

i guess i'll ask then, how do you guys feel about the ragna/bang matchup? that rushdown is killing her chargability. and esp. ragna's long ass normals. what do ya'll think is the best way to deal with it?

Theoretic Suggestions

Hm, sounds like you'll have to flesh out some moves that have long/moderate untechable time, 2d, or j.d.

For Bang, try to stop your strings with a jump cancellable move, IAD back and j.d.

It sounds like you're really going to have to go out of your way to gets some bits and pieces in, like a charge cancellable attack on CH.

Don't the j.236 series have some untechable time depending on the version you use? That may make things easier.

Just brain storming.

Nah, there was one charge used at :42. Neat corner combo, however. *continues watching*

Yeah my mistake after rewatching it. Didn't see that she used in the dive. Re-editing. Watching the whole 12/7 2on2 Mikado Tournament. Plenty of Tsubaki footage with a bonus of a Tsubaki winning the tournament for the team.

Dedicated Tsubaki player, you have become. :eng101:

lool Thanks alot. I love the Pictures btw :keke:.

i guess i'll ask then, how do you guys feel about the ragna/bang matchup? that rushdown is killing her chargability. and esp. ragna's long ass normals. what do ya'll think is the best way to deal with it?

vs Ragna, Tsubaki has a slight disadvantage because Ragna pretty much surpasses Tsubaki in every way. Damage, range, priority, invincibility, etc. However, Tsubaki's speed is greater than Ragna's speed. Also, most of her combos end with knocking the opponent far away from her into the corner so that you can do another combo. I don't know anything about bang yet. So i won't comment :P