Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ginseng

[CS1] Tsubaki Yayoi - General Discussion

This isn't on the first page so I'm asking instead of looking through 18 pages.

Has someone made a Tsubaki color palette yet showing all of her costumes?

Yes. I'm probably going to use the black one, I like a couple of the others but the shading looks really funky.

And Asami Imai is a really good VA/singer, I'm glad they had her do her voice.

As far a tiers go. I guess I'm weird and hope she stays C or lower. I don't like tier list in any sort and I usually main mid to low tier characters just cus thats what I have fun with. But I do have to admit it's always fun to go up against someone who picked their character from top tier and beat them with a mid or low and ask them how they like they tiers now ^^;

Tsubaki seems overall pretty decent of a character. I've only had 2 chances to play CS so far but I've changed my main to her for sure ^^

Don't get me wrong. ^^ I don't pick characters like that and never have. It just seems after finding the characters I like to play with they happen to end up mid-low after the games been out for awhile. I just go through the lopp and find the characters fun to play and go with that.

Tsubaki's wicked quick and I like characters like that. In GG it was Millia as my main with Sol/Ky as a sub. In BB it was Jin as my main with anyone of Rachel/Ragna/Hakumen/Nu as a sub.

So far playing CS theres no doubt that Tsubaki's gonna be my main no matter where she would be tier wise. And all the same I'm still gonna play Jin/Rachel alot no matter where they've been placed.

So far match up wise Bang doesn't seem too bad. I played Bang the most so far and really... it was easier for me with Tsubaki than Jin >>;

Now Litchi on the other hand <shudder> thats gonna be fun lol

Next on my list of scrub questions...what's her hardest/easiest matchup looking to be?

From personal experience I'd say tager.

And god her colors are horrible.

Alright guys, we don't need an entire page dedicated to "Hey I'm gonna use this color, leave it alone!". This is getting ridiculous and unreadable. Let's bring it back to normal discussion. I have something to talk about to those that have played the game. How do you guys feel about her air throw as another tool to deal with people who tend to play a really aggressive air game?

We can get a general idea of its range, but until frame data comes out youre not going to have much of an answer for that. Ill mess around in CTF once i get a chance to play CS considering im not busy of course ;~;

Alright guys, we don't need an entire page dedicated to "Hey I'm gonna use this color, leave it alone!". This is getting ridiculous and unreadable. Let's bring it back to normal discussion.

I have something to talk about to those that have played the game. How do you guys feel about her air throw as another tool to deal with people who tend to play a really aggressive air game?

Well, she does have that kara fastfall with D~BC, but I haven't been able to implement air throws into my game much. There's no way to combo after it so it's not really worth trying imo.

To deal with air approaches, jump forward or jump back j.bb works pretty well. You can also double jump when it connects and end the air combo with a dive to gain some charging time. 2c is also really good. Almost CT Rachel 6a good. It has head invincibility and her hitbox is really small during the attack. I don't think I've ever seen it lose to anything when properly timed. On ground CH, 2c staggers the opponent for a long time much like Ragna's 2c. The range isn't great though.

The player used 214B, which supposedly has projectile invulnerability, as noted here:

It wasn't specified

Tsubaki's B specials are supposedly projectile invun. Need to confirm.

i was playin around with her j.CC while dashing, at the right height and timing it has you fly over the opponent after it connects, and you can pull out a 214 a/b/c. dunno how worthwhile it'd be as a cross up, but just putting it out there for consideration. and does anyone know if 236 a/b/c is able to cross up? i was inspired by veteru's cross up air DP at triple threat

i was playin around with her j.CC while dashing, at the right height and timing it has you fly over the opponent after it connects, and you can pull out a 214 a/b/c.

dunno how worthwhile it'd be as a cross up, but just putting it out there for consideration.

and does anyone know if 236 a/b/c is able to cross up?

i was inspired by veteru's cross up air DP at triple threat

I think j.236b can be used to crossup. It moves her forward and floats her a bit regardless of previous momentum. Could probably combo into j.214d for floorslide and then 236c followup.

Hey guys, I'm kind of running out of ideas regarding what to put on the combo and guide threads. Anyone want to contribute some useful information (that's been confirmed of course) here? Also can someone confirm whether or not the damages in the japanese combo wiki are correct?

Insight on some basic setups would be nice, regardless or style of play some given ideas on how to play the character would be helpful.

EG. for Jin-chan ♥

Standing freeze combo after jD land run 5C if you want to go for the mixup instead of the combo

1. jB jA jB - to get them blocking high, feel free to insert air dash between jA and jB if they think you're just going to land

2. jB late cancelled jC - to bait anti air after they've been trained to block the jB to fish for CH

3. jB jA whiff jB land 2b/grab - once they're trained to keep blocking

but yeah, something like this with practical examples on setups would be a pretty good section, and commonly what I notice is missing from some character sections

Someone here asked about it earlier, but her B specials are indeed projectile invulnerable for at least some of the time. Everything was tested against the computer. -I managed to 236B through Jin's ice sword right before it hit me. I think it's only invulnerable during the start up where she stands still for a second. It's not invulnerable while she's moving. -214B seems to be projectile-invulnerable longer than 236b. I think it's during the whole time where she moves forward with the green glow. Managed to avoid damage from a good portion of Noel's ground super. -22B charged has guardpoint against projectiles. Rachel's lobelia bounced off me, it blocked all of Noel's 2d, and it blocked Jin's 5d. -623B knocked away one of Rachel's lobelia seeds. I think all versions of her dp can do that though.

Someone here asked about it earlier, but her B specials are indeed projectile invulnerable for at least some of the time. Everything was tested against the computer.

-I managed to 236B through Jin's ice sword right before it hit me. I think it's only invulnerable during the start up where she stands still for a second. It's not invulnerable while she's moving.

-214B seems to be projectile-invulnerable longer than 236b. I think it's during the whole time where she moves forward with the green glow. Managed to avoid damage from a good portion of Noel's ground super.

-22B charged has guardpoint against projectiles. Rachel's lobelia bounced off me, it blocked all of Noel's 2d, and it blocked Jin's 5d.

-623B knocked away one of Rachel's lobelia seeds. I think all versions of her dp can do that though.

Thanks for the info regarding this. I kept hearing B specials went through projectiles but nobody has ever really confirmed it. I'll add this onto the guide.

Insight on some basic setups would be nice, regardless or style of play some given ideas on how to play the character would be helpful.

Thanks for the ideas, I'll work on that within the next few days. I need to gather up all the info I researched and information people gave me (along with BBCS testing myself).

Nice kro, that is great info.

Does j.236B and j.214B have projectile invincibility? If so, then Tsubaki might seriously be able to rush down Lambda pretty well if she can go through Lambda's TK crescent, 6D, or 2D. I guess 236B can go through Jin's drive and Noel's drive as well. Death spike won't be useful against it either maybe. Arakune's 2D might be useless as well. About how well do the B moves go through projectiles? Is there a limit on how much you can damage you can go through like Tager's sledge?

5B counterhit 6CC is a godsend. Easy mode punishing unsafe moves from afar. Gives Tsubaki the 'fear factor' up midscreen. 5B 6C is also a scary chain as its cancellable to anything anytime. jc with a neutral falling j.C, or TK j.236C for great fun.

2DD unblockable :psyduck: into astral is funny as heck. An unblockable is just the tool she needs to keep everyone on their toes. Easy to punish on reaction, but good enough to switch up with a throw or CC, 5B counterfishing.

j.214D is the secret to big flashy combos midscreen or corner. Love that slide. Random j.214D, 236C, 214B, 22C lets me charge it up to wallbounce, haven't test whats the best damage i can get off that 1 meter, or if i can do a decent corner combo off midscreen j.CC j.214D.

with all these tools, her strength to get in damage from midrange spikes up. She can also control the midrange game enough to get in close enough to mixup high/low/throws but the beauty is she doesn't have to. Having the option to Rock It telegraphed moves from far is also respectable, as long as you actually hit. I'm really tempted to put her at B and not C tier, she's just getting more and more versatile as the game matures.

Tagers sledge isn't a projectile, you just got to hit him before he hits you

Of course it isn't. It has a limit on how much damage it can take, which is what I'm referring to. I don't think sledge goes through over 2.0ish k damage, meaning than BBL and Jin's ex ice blade beat it out. I'm wondering if it's the same for Tsubaki.