Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ginseng

[CS1] Tsubaki Yayoi - General Discussion

hmm good question, it has a good reason. you need to perform an unspectacular or uninspected moves to have a chance to hit or to do somthing you want too... ^^ this is my own strategy ill just giving a comment or tip. my own game style ^^

:psyduck:???

why would you do TK j236C there? would it not be more effective just to go into ur high/low/throw game after the charge cancel?

i am assuming ur just giving an example instead of something that you Actually use right? cause i don't see the reason of doing 2 different types of cancels in a row

I don't see why its a bad idea? It just another mixup to throw off the opponent with a mixup game.

Tsubaki's 236236 C/D super is pretty much like a counter super. So if your opponent attacks right when you activate it, they'll get countered. So don't be afraid to use it if you're getting pressured. Also you can get hit out of it. Litchi did her great wheel super, I IAD over it, she tried to hit me, I activated 236236 C, while we were going through the whole animation of the super the staff on the way down hit me out of it. I was like "What the...". Yeah, very unexpected. So in other words, don't use it on litchi when her great wheel super is still active, and I'm sure there are other instances like these with some other characters as well.

Tsubaki's 236236 C/D super is pretty much like a counter super. So if your opponent attacks right when you activate it, they'll get countered. So don't be afraid to use it if you're getting pressured.

Also you can get hit out of it. Litchi did her great wheel super, I IAD over it, she tried to hit me, I activated 236236 C, while we were going through the whole animation of the super the staff on the way down hit me out of it. I was like "What the...". Yeah, very unexpected.

So in other words, don't use it on litchi when her great wheel super is still active, and I'm sure there are other instances like these with some other characters as well.

Although it kinda acts like a counter, its still isn't. I think it has start up invinsible frames but not sure. Even if you get hit outta it, you'll still pin them to the wall so its generally safe. I have been insituations where I started it up and haven't been hit out of it, (arakune 2d?)

It is because most projectiles either disappear right after The opponent is hit or the projectile based move loses it's hit box. In litchis super case, it doesn't disappears nor does it loses it's hit box thus the results. Also i am not a big fan on using supers as reversals but whatevers.

236236C has a good speed to counter an opponent. but! if you use it and if blocked by your opponent, your doomed. and it has a low damage thou. and why don't you try this. [on guard] 6AB. it guaranty your safety.

Here, I made a little icon for Tsubaki players: Posted Image

New to this crap, I donno how to make the background color not matter. Just wanted a Icon like everyone else. :yaaay:

I'd personally like to see her face, but if you think it'll work, send it to a Super Mod or Admin, and ask them about it.

Kawaii~ ^_^

hmph....

236236C has a good speed to counter an opponent. but! if you use it and if blocked by your opponent, your doomed. and it has a low damage thou. and why don't you try this. [on guard] 6AB. it guaranty your safety.

counter assaults can be baited :o

"j. 214A/B/C/D – D creates a floor bounce, can be combed after;" From the beginners guide. Also, doesnt j236D floorbounce? without the projectile hit. really? doesnt it just put them in untech state until they hit the floor?

Tsubaki's 236236 C/D super is pretty much like a counter super. So if your opponent attacks right when you activate it, they'll get countered. So don't be afraid to use it if you're getting pressured.

Also you can get hit out of it. Litchi did her great wheel super, I IAD over it, she tried to hit me, I activated 236236 C, while we were going through the whole animation of the super the staff on the way down hit me out of it. I was like "What the...". Yeah, very unexpected.

So in other words, don't use it on litchi when her great wheel super is still active, and I'm sure there are other instances like these with some other characters as well.

Carl 236236D super :vbang:. Nee-san saves the day again :(.

"j. 214A/B/C/D – D creates a floor bounce, can be combed after;"

From the beginners guide. Also, doesnt j236D floorbounce? without the projectile hit.

really?

doesnt it just put them in untech state until they hit the floor?

j236D melee hit will floor bounce but depending on prorate and height they can tech immediately or not depends.

and i dunno why it is j.214 within the quote.. if ur referring to j.236.. if that is in the guide it should be fixed...

Anyone ever mess around with TKing her j.214D after 6C or 3C? I experimented with this in training, but I can't do it in a real match since I stink. Seems like it would be a good overhead, but only if you have the meter or charge to make it safe.

Well, I might be wrong about it then. I never actually tested to see if it was an overhead. I just remember reading somewhere that being an overhead was one of j.214d's special properties.

People have been messing around with j.236B. Maybe 3C TKing into j.236B might work? That's a good low to high mix up... Though I don't think you can follow up with j.236B unless it's a CH.

j.236B is not an overhead either.

Her only overheads are 6A and aerial normals.

My bad... Thought it was an overhead. I know some people WERE trying this out though, although the general consensus was that it wasn't good other to catch people by surprise.