Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ginseng

[CS1] Tsubaki Yayoi - General Discussion

Hmm... maybe this is old news, but upon looking at Tsubaki's profile, I just realized that her birthday is the same day as White Day in Japan, ironic contrast much? :keke:

hi. new member here

i saw some gameplay footage of her and she looks fun to play as. i also like her character.

i just want to ask how she plays and if she plays similarly to another character, either in BB or GG.

as far as ive seen her drive is similar to order-sol, who i main in GG

Don't do it, you will rage.

In all seriousness, you probably want to mentally prepare yourself for the worst situations possible with Tsubaki. Her combos aren't too bad to do, but all she really has going for her are her 22D unblockables and 2C anti-air.

That sounds pretty damn good actually. at least for me.

Gotta admit that im kind of a tier whore >_>

rather then having somone with an advantage i like it

better if you got your handicaps that you gotta work around.

was the same with hakumen in CT.

care to tell what her biggest weakness is?

Well uhh okay I'll go through some of her basic weaknesses.

• She has no range on most of her normals. 5B has about double the range of all her other normals.
  • Very low damage off combos unless you use charge.
  • Her normals get stuffed out a lot.
  • Her specials get stuffed out a lot and are usually negative on block AND hit.
  • Her DP trades with almost everything. It is also projectile based. Also no invincibility on the actual hit. (It traded with Jin's 6A before...)
  • Very tough time getting charge vs top 3 and couple other matchups.
  • Due to very low damage, she pretty much needs to land 2-3x more combos than the other person, unless you actually get time to charge.

There are probably a lot more bad things about her, that's not to say she has no strengths. But I mean even if you guys say you like to have handicaps, the way BBCS works makes things kind of ridiculous. But if you guys still want to main or second Tsubaki, more power to you guys!

For me, I like to troll myself, so I main Tsubaki. Even if I still get randomly scrubbed out from time to time haha.

hm thanks:3

but i dont really get the thing that you get minus frames even if you actually hit someone.

is it so bad that you can still get punished even if you hit?

oh and a last question:

what do you mean with "the way CS works"?

alright thats it

well i could still use my sub but she changed quite a bit and i'm not a tier fan so, it doesn't matter how long it will take to get in substantial damage.

this thread is actually active...

basically lets say you did her 236A/B/C on block they can punish you; On hit if you do not cancel into her follow ups they can punish; On standing counter hit if you don't follow up you probably can't follow up with her fastest normal either not like Ragna's Hells Fang...

Most of her so called "Get in their face" specials like 236 or j214 are all minus on block and are to the point where they can punish you, thus you have to get in without relying on those moves unless ur 100 percent sure its gona hit or have Heat to rapid cancel.

I feel Tsubaki's high low game is weak

But she has a pretty good throw game

this thread is actually active...

basically lets say you did her 236A/B/C on block they can punish you; On hit if you do not cancel into her follow ups they can punish; On standing counter hit if you don't follow up you probably can't follow up with her fastest normal either not like Ragna's Hells Fang...

Most of her so called "Get in their face" specials like 236 or j214 are all minus on block and are to the point where they can punish you, thus you have to get in without relying on those moves unless ur 100 percent sure its gona hit or have Heat to rapid cancel.

I feel Tsubaki's high low game is weak

But she has a pretty good throw game

aright sounds plausible. but that didnt stop other characters from beeing quite an annoyance(thinking of ice car>_>)

is it possible to bait punishes with like 236 into a dp or something?

aright sounds plausible. but that didnt stop other characters from beeing quite an annoyance(thinking of ice car>_>)

is it possible to bait punishes with like 236 into a dp or something?

I doubt it, since they can hit you before you recover from the move. Unless they did a Slow poke to try to punish you. You probably could do this bait if you hit with the move.. but usually you probably follow it up if it hit... or if you didn't follow it up the other guy probably be blocking cause he assumes you gona do a follow up or they have no idea what tsubaki is doing anyways...

I wont stop you guys from playing this character cause i dont care what you feel about tiers or what not other feelings about having handicap or stuff. if you want to have fun or learn another character go ahead knock your socks off :keke:

Ginseng just wanted to let you guys know what your impressions of her MIGHT be is to when you play her what you actually FEEL about the character.

I doubt it, since they can hit you before you recover from the move. Unless they did a Slow poke to try to punish you. You probably could do this bait if you hit with the move.. but usually you probably follow it up if it hit... or if you didn't follow it up the other guy probably be blocking cause he assumes you gona do a follow up or they have no idea what tsubaki is doing anyways...

ya i guess i dont really have a picture of how slow those attacks really are(didnt get around to try CS)

okay then i got one last question:

is her projectile(i mean that slow traveling orb thingy) actually usefull while trying to get in?

i mean if shes already to close range they couldve given her somthing to cover the distance and run in right?

oh and thanks for all your fast replies:3 really appreciate it

that ball is useless by itself, because if you do not follow up after it, you basically recover on the ground right as that thing touches the opponent if they were standing to guard it. even if it hit it has no hit stun. So if you have 1 level and used it on that thing in the air, its safe to say if the opponent KNOWS tsubaki, he will just run under that and punish her for free cause ur basically vulnerable on the way down

Only reason you would use it is for combo purposes or actually burning 2 level meters to do that and the dive in order to power up the dive move to get in.

and what did make you guys pick her then? i mean cept for obvious troll-reasons